FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560668 times)

1fish@atime

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #570 on: Jul 27, 2010, 06:35 PM »
OK....but the sun is going down, the skeeters have been thick as pea soup. There has to be a fish feeding heavily on them with my name on it.....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #571 on: Jul 27, 2010, 07:05 PM »
Oh...Ok then...go chuck some flies ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

1fish@atime

« Reply #572 on: Jul 27, 2010, 08:10 PM »
You could hardly see they were so dang thick, yet not a rise or ripple on the water. Either they are feeding subsurface(which most of my skeeters are after a couple casts) or there is something else they are foraging on.
Wondering if it's crayfish. Frustrating when your sure they are feeding on something and take only a couple of those and no rises. Should have brought at least a bumble with me....

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #573 on: Jul 27, 2010, 08:21 PM »
  RG  old  recorded  player  can  be  adapted!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Gamma Fish

« Reply #574 on: Jul 27, 2010, 09:57 PM »
when was that 20 years ago. come on gamma pick a day and lets go. lets see these fish that you say are so easy to catch that even i can catch them  ::) ::) ::)   :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: all of this talk is getting old  ;D ;D
I never said it was easy to catch them !   I just said you couldn't catch them in the summer months  ;D ;D ;D   But don't worry Zippy....................opportunity will be knocking again next April ! :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

Gamma Fish

« Reply #575 on: Jul 27, 2010, 10:01 PM »
I may know where you can get another like mine Trap.

I'm working on the Crease Flies. Need to set up a drying motor. Maybe tomorrow. What size do you typically tie? Any real preference for tail materials?

I looked at a very nice cartridge type air brush today. A bit on the pricey side for a frugal (Really Cheap) Old Fart like me. But a nice rig just the same.

I think we need to start a "Bust Gamma's Chops" thread  so we can get back to chucking flies.  :-\

RG
If you or anyone else here needs a decent quality but very cheap hobby airbrush, I can deliver !! ;) ;)
  They're perfect for painting flies, crank baits or anything else you'd like to change the color of ;) ;)
  Complete set up !  Just add a compressor or portable air tank ! ;).......or just plug it into Trappers .....uh........nevermind .. ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #576 on: Jul 27, 2010, 11:00 PM »
You dont want me to go in that boat KP. That boat aint used to have fish brouht in it. It might sink  ??? ??? ;D ;D

Not with you and I in that boat HT...... I think we could tear her up! ;)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #577 on: Jul 27, 2010, 11:12 PM »

I think we need to start a "Bust Gamma's Chops" thread  so we can get back to chucking flies.  :-\

RG

I knew that comment was coming RG.
I've noticed when you don't make a post on this thread for some time, usually it is because we start acting like fools.
I figure....shoot, I know that  you are well rounded, intelligent and fun loving guy!
It's fun when you and Slayer kick in also on the busting! No hard feelings from anyone....I hope?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #578 on: Jul 28, 2010, 02:32 AM »

I figure....shoot, I know that  you are well rounded, intelligent and fun loving guy!

I've been called a lot of things, but never those 3. You have a way with words....you don't know me very well, but, you have a way with words ;D

Thanks for the offer on the airbrush, I have on on the way already.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

1fish@atime

« Reply #579 on: Jul 28, 2010, 06:55 AM »
Gees RG, it's tough to go spend 20.00 on tying materials when Orvis is selling a package of 20 flies for 9.99 on the bottom of the page.....

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #580 on: Jul 28, 2010, 08:07 AM »
Not with you and I in that boat HT...... I think we could tear her up! ;)
Don't forget me !!!!!  ;D
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #581 on: Jul 28, 2010, 08:11 AM »
Kinda depends on how much you already spent on the materials you already have...I guess.

Boy that's lousy logic :-\ Even sounds bad to me.

I'm not sure I've ever bought a fly.

Trap, I have several low rpm motors. A couple I salvaged from 2 of those lit up reindeer Christmas lawn ornaments that my wife bought. The lights lasted about 9 days. The motors were a good find though.

RG

trapper2000

« Reply #582 on: Jul 28, 2010, 12:24 PM »
i  have  to  make  a  new  one  myself   rg  for  drying  epoxy  ...  the  quest  for  tools  and  materials  is  as  much  fun  as  the  fishing!  anyways  today  i'm  spending  some  time  filling  fly  boxes   and  taking  a  few  pictures  for  here  .....  i  have  actually  bought  a  fly  here  and  there  just  to  copy  the  pattern ....

trapper2000

« Reply #583 on: Jul 28, 2010, 01:02 PM »
this  is   a  simple  glass  fly  orginally  a  salt  water  fly  i  tie  it  smaller  and  find  it's a  crappie  killer

1fish@atime

« Reply #584 on: Jul 28, 2010, 01:46 PM »
Nice Trap. Love the eyes, I have always looked to baits with big over sized eyes. Seems like a predator fish keys on them. Watched a video of pike on the computer. They put several baits in front of it, didn't really pay much attention. They dropped a shiner down, the poor thing saw the pike, you could actually see it's eyes widen and started swimming frantically to get away. He nailed it....I often think of that when we put sucker belly on for jigging. If it wouldn't be better to use a sucker head....I guess there is only one way to find out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.