FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561379 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #705 on: Aug 18, 2010, 10:53 PM »
Can ya elaborate on the goose story Trap? I'm all ears! You never cease to amaze me regarding your daily ventures. God bless.

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #706 on: Aug 19, 2010, 09:57 AM »
spend  most the  day  chucking  feathers  at  fish  few  small bass   some  decent  kills  and  a  zillion  little  silver  bass  and  one  goose!!!!  thats  right  a  goose! 
                                                                                                                      life  is  good
                                                                                                                       and  sometimes  funny
That must have been fun!!!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #707 on: Aug 19, 2010, 12:49 PM »
Never hooked a goose...seagulls, a domestic duck or two...and a dog. Stupid ducks....poor puppy :-\

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #708 on: Aug 19, 2010, 01:18 PM »
i have hooked sea gulls,ducks,musk rats, and a beaver once when i was bull head fishing one night. that thing was not a happy camper.  ??? ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #709 on: Aug 19, 2010, 01:22 PM »
I'm heading for the crick in a bit to hook some smallmouth...I hope ;D I need some bait for tomorrow morning too...a nice bucket of crayfish will work very nicely.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #710 on: Aug 19, 2010, 06:05 PM »
there  are no  crayfish  they  ate  them  all  in  another board ....

as  for  the  goose  like  a  fool  i tossed  my  left  over  sandwhich  to them  ,left  rod  in holder  of  boat  with  my  sculpin  tangling ....  after  i  backed  truck  up  i  was  rather  glad  i  locked  the  rod  holder  he  was  ahhh  taken  line!!!!  no  i hooked  a  beaver  he  broke off...muskrat  became  dubbing  sea  gul  and  duck  flew  away  after  ....a  goose  ...not  a  friendly  bird!  the  fight  wasn't  getting  him  to the  net  but  unhooking  him  was a challenge  ......thanks  to my  surgical  skills  and  heart less nature  ...the  goose  is  free  with only  a  sore  tongue  ....i  did  end  up  with a  lot  of  feathers  ....if  anyone  wants  to see  my goose  fly   ,let me  know

life  is  good 
                                                                                                                                                         unless  your  a  dumb  goose

i  have  to  go  post  on  goose  on a  weber  in  the  cooking  board
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #711 on: Aug 19, 2010, 06:32 PM »
hey  fm ...a  big  thank  you  to  your  man!!!!!   really  came  threw  for  me ....just  let  me  know  how  to  sq  up  with ya   bro

1fish@atime

« Reply #712 on: Aug 19, 2010, 09:23 PM »
your OK for a catch and release Trap, be careful though, those DEC officers can come up with some trumped up ideas your targeting a species out of season..... ::)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #713 on: Aug 20, 2010, 01:33 AM »
Picked about 100 crayfish in 45 minutes or so. Took the ultralight and the spinner box with me and played with the bass and gills. I'm gonna launch in a couple of hours and see what I can pull up for dinner. The freezer is empty (of fish). All those nice spring walleye, crappies and perch have met their ultimate fate.

RG

trapper2000

« Reply #714 on: Aug 20, 2010, 08:59 AM »
i  think  the  turn   has  started !  fish  are  starting  to  play  more ;D RG  lets  work  on a  fall supply  in that  freezor!  i  really  do  suggest  you  come  up  for  the  oneida  lake  walleye  shake  down this  fall....best  walleye  fishing i  ever  experanced  and  what  a  group of  guys ,always  something to laugh  about! 

GRASSHOPPER  TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #715 on: Aug 20, 2010, 10:51 AM »
My boat paid me back for ignoring it all summer. First pull and the recoil rope broke. I motored down to a point on electric and anchored while I pulled the recoil off to put a new rope on it. Unfortunately, one of the pawl springs was broken.

Sooooooo....I motored back to the launch (glad I charged my trolling motor battery) and loaded back up. Dropped the boat at home, went up to Pugsley's Marine and picked up a whole set of pawl springs. They've never failed to have parts for my motor.

A quick stop for some groceries and back home in about an hour total. It took 15 minutes to complete the repair and button it back up. I'm gonna have some lunch and a siesta and try once again. I'll say this, the early morning water was boiling with schools of gizzard shad and pinheads. The bass and crappies were very active.

I hope the evening is as active. I've got some flies just waiting to be inhaled.

RG

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #716 on: Aug 20, 2010, 06:22 PM »
hey  fm ...a  big  thank  you  to  your  man!!!!!   really  came  threw  for  me ....just  let  me  know  how  to  sq  up  with ya   bro
A big your welcome Trap....no squaring up needed, except for maybe a few more of your ever so popular flies next time we meet. Well, and maybe a man date to go flyfishing, so I can learn some new techniques!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #717 on: Aug 20, 2010, 06:27 PM »
Picked about 100 crayfish in 45 minutes or so. Took the ultralight and the spinner box with me and played with the bass and gills. I'm gonna launch in a couple of hours and see what I can pull up for dinner. The freezer is empty (of fish). All those nice spring walleye, crappies and perch have met their ultimate fate.

RG

My freezer has that same problem RG, shop has been so dang busy, all my fishing has been through this forum...and you guys. The fall walleye night bite is coming up soon, and I'm gonna take time to learn the Salmon river this fall. Till then gonna stick to the grind, and try to bank as much as possible. Never know when a slow time will hit!

trapper2000

« Reply #718 on: Aug 20, 2010, 07:34 PM »
when i  get back  you  got it!!!!!  fm  .....  hey  you  bring the  coffee ;D

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #719 on: Aug 20, 2010, 09:20 PM »
when i  get back  you  got it!!!!!  fm  .....  hey  you  bring the  coffee ;D

Shoot Trap.... you know that I always have coffee on at the shop! The coffee service company I use love me, cause one of my employees drinks about 5 pots a day on average. ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.