FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561228 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #735 on: Aug 22, 2010, 04:30 PM »
excellent  RG !!!!!  in  black  it's  a  great  cricket  to!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #736 on: Aug 22, 2010, 04:35 PM »
Thanks Trapper,
It's simple really.

I tossed some in black, green, yellow and chartreuse last night with boring results. This one was the hot ticket. Of coures I only made one.....originally ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #737 on: Aug 22, 2010, 05:21 PM »
there  is  several  patterns   close  to  that   used   as   gaint  stone   flies   i  change  it  around  a  bit  ....  and  have  good  results  just remeber  those  others  you  tied   may  be  the  fly  tomorrow!    great   fly    bob!   will  be  in my  box   for  sure

1fish@atime

« Reply #738 on: Aug 22, 2010, 08:35 PM »
Nice RG. Will have to try experimenting with foam this winter. Made a  move with the vice this week, in the spare room. Set it up on my wife's craft table. Started looking through her stuff, may have some ideas....SHHHH

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #739 on: Aug 23, 2010, 01:33 AM »
You can get a lifetime supply of foam at Wally World in their craft department for about $6.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #740 on: Aug 23, 2010, 02:09 PM »
rg   just  a  suggestion  try  using  zap a  gap  sometime    instead  of  super   glue  see  how  you like  it

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #741 on: Aug 23, 2010, 05:40 PM »
I have Zap a Gap Trap........hey that rhymes ;D

I bought several 3 packs of original Super Glue .7 oz. bottles at Big Lots for $1.00 each. I like it for most work and it keeps a bit better that Zappa (not "Brown Shoes Don't Make It!" Frank).

Zap a Gap definitely has it's place.

RG

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #742 on: Aug 24, 2010, 08:09 AM »
Went over across the street yesterday to the pond and I brought my fly rod and my baitcaster.On one of KP's flies he gave me ,I caught 10 bluegills. On my baitcaster I caught  1 Largemouth bass on a tube jig!!!!!!!!!--KpJr.
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

trapper2000

« Reply #743 on: Aug 24, 2010, 02:52 PM »
kp jr  ya  do us  all  proud!!!!  wait  till  ya  hook a steelie  with  the  flyrod   ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #744 on: Aug 24, 2010, 03:19 PM »
He got himself a dandy of a steelhead last November Trap!! Noodle rod though on a egg fly. Looks as though we're going to let him bottom bounce one more season, then, we'll let 'Ol Trap show him the ropes with flyrod fishing next year.  ;) Tightlines gents!!--KP   RG, make sure you use GOOD glue on those jigs for me buddy!!!!! :P
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

1fish@atime

« Reply #745 on: Aug 24, 2010, 06:42 PM »
Sounds like Jr has some really good teachers, for fishing in general....Way to go young man!!
I spent the afternoon dropping the gas tank on my Jeep to pull the fuel pump. Get to play tomorrow putting it in YEAH!!!! I've got to move out closer to FM!!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #746 on: Aug 24, 2010, 08:26 PM »
Sounds like Jr has some really good teachers, for fishing in general....Way to go young man!!
I spent the afternoon dropping the gas tank on my Jeep to pull the fuel pump. Get to play tomorrow putting it in YEAH!!!! I've got to move out closer to FM!!

Those big Ol' screw on hold downs for the pump module can be a real pain to get on and off 1 fish without the correct tool. A real big pair of channel locks will work in a bind.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #747 on: Aug 25, 2010, 02:22 AM »
It's all about the tools FM. I remember (I already sound old) when you could do just about anything you needed to a vehicle with a set of open end wrenches and a socket set....maybe a screwdriver and hammer or two.

I also remember when fuel pumps were mounted on the engine and driven off the cam. One of my first jobs was in an auto parts warehouse. Late 60's. I loved that job....except for exhaust pipes and mufflers.

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #748 on: Aug 25, 2010, 06:23 AM »
I can teach him the basics of life and fishing in general.... BUT, Sometimes I gotta let the 'Ol buzzards help out once in awhile. He's a great kid!!!! He really appreciates all the words of wisdom and the funny stuff you guys provide for him on here.... THANKS!!! Tightlines Gentlemen!! RG, Enjoy your Wednesday off and go catch some fish!!! ;)--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #749 on: Aug 25, 2010, 07:11 AM »
kp jr  ya  do us  all  proud!!!!  wait  till  ya  hook a steelie  with  the  flyrod   ;D
Thats the next thing i want to do on the Salmon River, then the center pin!!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.