FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 562277 times)

Chainsaw

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #780 on: Aug 30, 2010, 01:34 PM »
I'll be all set 'cept for what I gotta tie on the leader end what gets 'em to bite(?). What are they hitting on now? I'm on with and 8lb. test Fluoro tip about four feet long. Gotta find stuff yet.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #781 on: Aug 30, 2010, 02:01 PM »
I'll be all set 'cept for what I gotta tie on the leader end what gets 'em to bite(?). What are they hitting on now? I'm on with and 8lb. test Fluoro tip about four feet long. Gotta find stuff yet.
blue kitchen foam and 20 year old orange rubber eggs  ::) ::) ::) ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #782 on: Aug 30, 2010, 02:28 PM »
The answer is yes RG, and 1Fish.....Both reels are very easy to split, and then disassemble. when I got to the spring and cam mechanisms on both reels......My thoughts were "Who was the Engineer on this cruddie system" I did clean all of the factory grease from both reals(SP4820 Unchlorinated parts cleaner). Consumed a couple cocktails as I analyzed the wanna be spring/cam drag system on both reels. Why even place that option on a fly reel in my young opinion? If ya want a drag system, then stick with spinners. That is the way I am starting  to feel regarding fly reels and drag systems. Let my fingers and hands do the work.
Something tells me that, splitting a reel to reveal the springs and gears don't go together with cocktails!!! ;D--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

1fish@atime

« Reply #783 on: Aug 30, 2010, 02:42 PM »
Unless your a Mek a nic.....

KingPerch

« Reply #784 on: Aug 30, 2010, 02:51 PM »
Yes, A fishing mek a nic..... LOL!! ;D--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Chainsaw

« Reply #785 on: Aug 30, 2010, 06:10 PM »
Nice thing about digital camera's eh? you can have an instant ''How to put it Back Together Again'' picture book you make as you go along taking things apart. Amazing how you can zoom into the tiniest detail, and with some models you can do video and watch where the springs and balls went that flew out unexpectady, sometimes.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #786 on: Aug 30, 2010, 06:23 PM »
Chainsaw,
 Good to hear you fighting the good fight :clapping:........still ;D

When I started working as an apprentice gunsmith, I wondered what the "dis-assembly closet" was for. Then I got into taking semi autos, of all shapes and varieties, apart. The closet had a well lit, bare bench with a white tile floor and cove base sealed to the floor. The door had a vinyl floor seal.

When the springs and detent balls went flying, we could always find them ;D

One of my best was to leave an extra detent ball or tiny spring on the other gunsmith's bench when he was working on an Fn Fal. Them darn things have more parts than an F-16 fighter.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #787 on: Aug 30, 2010, 10:43 PM »
One thing Mr. FM can pride himself about is his knack at the Ol' fashion disassemble, and reassemble process with most anything thrown in front of him. I believe that everyone has skills that are natural to them. I prefer to connect with people that can use my skills as a trade off for the gifts that can be shared in return ;)

Gamma Fish

« Reply #788 on: Aug 30, 2010, 11:16 PM »
One thing Mr. FM can pride himself about is his knack at the Ol' fashion disassemble, and reassemble process with most anything thrown in front of him. I believe that everyone has skills that are natural to them. I prefer to connect with people that can use my skills as a trade off for the gifts that can be shared in return ;)
Amen to that ! ;) ;)      Guitar lessons for Oil Changes !! ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #789 on: Aug 31, 2010, 08:25 AM »
I'm left out in that respect, I got nothin!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #790 on: Aug 31, 2010, 07:06 PM »
I can fix lights :-\

Amongst other things  ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #791 on: Aug 31, 2010, 09:55 PM »
Well, here we go friends with my newest venture in the fly fishing realm. My neighbor and close friend Walleye1, as I previously reported,we have been getting ourselves more focused with this area of fishing. Walleye1 just happened to dig out some beautiful old tying gear that....I think his Grandfather gave him years ago. (I may be wrong, but he will amend it if I am). Brought it home tonight and layed alot of it out for some pics for you seasoned guys to see, and hopefully comment on. After I make this post, I am gonna play around for a bit. I do hope for some input from everyone here though! Looking for simple fly ideas to start with!

The vice is a clamp on style, I put a hook in it and drew down the clamp, held very well.

Here is a pic of the manufacturer, and the box it came in.

The remaining of the pics are the chenille, bobbins, multitudes of hairs, threads, etc. Some stuff I don't even know the name of ?  Thanks again Tim! ;)

Gamma Fish

« Reply #792 on: Aug 31, 2010, 10:46 PM »
With that kind of arseal in hand, you're all set for a major run of panfish catching bugs, bucktails and some glo-bugs for the steelheads, browns and half dead swimmers !   Let me know when you want a lesson or three ! ;) ;)
  And I know this guy who has 20 or 30 thousand jig heads laying around ! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
Plastics are Fantastic !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #793 on: Sep 01, 2010, 01:54 AM »
You're in trouble now my friend. When do you plan to build the addition to your house? You're gonna need a lot more room.

Looks like Grandpa tied streamers and glow bugs.

RG

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #794 on: Sep 01, 2010, 02:39 AM »
You're in trouble now my friend. When do you plan to build the addition to your house? You're gonna need a lot more room.

Looks like Grandpa tied streamers and glow bugs.

RG

Got a finished basement with a knick or crannie that I should be able to call my own. I think alot of the fabric was purchased by Walleye1 back when he was doing a lot of Steelie fishing on the SR.
Took a pic of my first fly, but for some reason I noticed a small damp spot on the interior lens of the cam. So if the pics are blurry, that is the reason. And I apoligize ahead of time

lets see if any of these pics came out better. This one makes the fly look like a friggin poodle IMO. Funny, I'm getting a kick from this

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.