FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561315 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #945 on: Sep 25, 2010, 12:45 PM »
We were ready to send out the mounties Trapper. And, you're right...."fish are everywhere". Welcome back.

My pleasure KP.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

1fish@atime

« Reply #946 on: Sep 25, 2010, 05:30 PM »
Good to see you Trap, well your words anyways...
Took the day and went on the lake for the last trip. Boats getting covered next week, motor drained, and fogged.
But what a glorious day. The fish were all small but plentiful. I did find the bigger fish and hooked one for a few cranks then off. Didn't matter though, the morning cruising on a lake of glass, surrounded by mountains full of color.

She may not be fast, but when the lake is like this it's heaven to glide along and make some big sweeping turns.

Then to the task at hand, caught 6 of these in about an hour. While I was trying to get this one to pose and the camera set up, the other pole went down. First double of the year. What a cluster by yourself...

Guess theres more to fishing here than catching fish!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #947 on: Sep 25, 2010, 06:26 PM »
Yes..there is more to fishing than catching fish.

That's why I spent most of today repairing my transducer mounting bracket., re-spooling reels, chasing down bait, eliminating my household "to do list" and tying perch flies so I can actually chase perch tomorrow morning. :-\

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

1fish@atime

« Reply #948 on: Sep 25, 2010, 06:38 PM »
Good luck RG!! You'll find them I'm sure. I just sat in the boat, listening to the radio, looking at the beauty that surrounded me. Aside from all the bureaucratic bullcrap that goes along with living here in the Adirondacks, it is a gorgeous place to be.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #949 on: Sep 25, 2010, 06:45 PM »
well sometimes  we  have  to endure  some  umpleasant  aspects  of life  before we  can  simple  enjoyfishing ,then again i say the heck with it and  go for  a month  ;D  but  i  think  i must  be  the  luckest man  alive  ...i  have  great friends  (  some  that i have  met here)  i have  wonderful  kids  and  grandkids  (with a  lil  granddaughter on the  way  ;D)  and  i have  a  awesome  women  that  supports  me ....  life is good .....enjoy it all  guys 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #950 on: Sep 25, 2010, 07:14 PM »
you know we all have a good life i guess if you look back. well thanks KP for the GAY song buddy ??? ??? it was for sure a song from the past ??? we all have things that bring us back to our youth. i talked to trapper tonight and all i can say it was good to hear from the old man first hand end of story. trapper you are a legend for sure my Friend end of story 8) you have to check in from time to make sure the young buzzards are in check. we have missed you for sure ;D

trapper2000

« Reply #951 on: Sep 25, 2010, 07:27 PM »
ht  i trusted  you  guys  to  figure  out  for  yourselves   that  salmon  don't hit  once  they  come  up in  the  river  :rotflol: and  that  trout beads  under a  float  is   a  great  way  to  lift  em ....  was  great hearing  HT  but  he  knew   kinda  where  i was   and  the  wife  said  the  corn  was great!!!!!  little  thing i want to pass on gander  mtn  has all  the  mustad   flietying hooks  on super  sale!  half  off the  orange  sticker  i  bought  800  hooks  16 and  18  dry  and  nymph  hooks  at  3.49  a 100 !!!!  thats  right  3.49  a  hundred! also loaded  up on  frog hair  strike  indicators  ....

H.T.

« Reply #952 on: Sep 25, 2010, 07:39 PM »
ht  i trusted  you  guys  to  figure  out  for  yourselves   that  salmon  don't hit  once  they  come  up in  the  river  :rotflol: and  that  trout beads  under a  float  is   a  great  way  to  lift  em ....  was  great hearing  HT  but  he  knew   kinda  where  i was   and  the  wife  said  the  corn  was great!!!!!  little  thing i want to pass on gander  mtn  has all  the  mustad   flietying hooks  on super  sale!  half  off the  orange  sticker  i  bought  800  hooks  16 and  18  dry  and  nymph  hooks  at  3.49  a 100 !!!!  thats  right  3.49  a  hundred! also loaded  up on  frog hair  strike  indicators  ....
yep it sounds like i do not need any hooks soon ::) ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #953 on: Sep 26, 2010, 04:24 PM »
I picked up some materials at Gander, Rochester....they don't have Mustad fly hooks. Just $6 a pack Umpiqua hooks. I guess I'll have to send the Doc a list of stuff he needs to get in....to his credit, he did ask if there were items that needed to be on the shelf.

Problem is, how does a fly tier make a list of materials...it's impossible :-\

RG

trapper2000

« Reply #954 on: Sep 26, 2010, 05:43 PM »
i have  carefully  though  about a answer  to  rg's question  so  he  is my list

my  list  for  flyshop

#1   everything

#2  then  some

follow  this  and  you  won't have  any  problems

life  is  good ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #955 on: Sep 26, 2010, 06:13 PM »
I started carrying a knife and a plastic bag so I could collect the road kill squirrel tails I've been running past for the last couple of weeks...That's just wrong ::)

But I collected them just the same  ;D

I can't wait till the town cop wants to know what I'm doing at 4am fooling with road kill on a public thoroughfare.

Good thing they're country roads. :-\

RG

H.T.

« Reply #956 on: Sep 26, 2010, 06:28 PM »
I started carrying a knife and a plastic bag so I could collect the road kill squirrel tails I've been running past for the last couple of weeks...That's just wrong ::)

But I collected them just the same  ;D

I can't wait till the town cop wants to know what I'm doing at 4am fooling with road kill on a public thoroughfare.

Good thing they're country roads. :-\

RG
Nothing wrong with that RG. those animals are just going to rot in the sun anyway. back in the day when racoons were worth some bucks we all would pick up the road kills and skin them. Hell i bet you old trapper still does.  8) 8) free material for 8) flys end of story.

trapper2000

« Reply #957 on: Sep 27, 2010, 06:37 PM »
i  have  collected fox  coon muskrats  beaver  deer  turkey feathers  ......  oh  and  remeber  those  spam  sandwiches  i shared  with  ya  ht???????

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #958 on: Sep 27, 2010, 10:38 PM »
Had a few minutes to play around again with the vice, gotta get a bigger variety of materials to try different things, still getting accustomed to clean wraps etc.

H.T.

« Reply #959 on: Sep 28, 2010, 02:17 AM »
i  have  collected fox  coon muskrats  beaver  deer  turkey feathers  ......  oh  and  remeber  those  spam  sandwiches  i shared  with  ya  ht???????
:sick: :sick: ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.