FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560936 times)

1fish@atime

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #1050 on: Oct 07, 2010, 07:42 PM »
Sweet tree RG.
I'm not sure but I think you may have a slight and I repeat slight case of OCD.... ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1051 on: Oct 08, 2010, 01:29 AM »
Sweet tree RG.
I'm not sure but I think you may have a slight and I repeat slight case of OCD.... ;D
It comes and goes. I do get frustrated not having things at my fingertips when I'm tying...and working....and fishing.....and cooking.....Maybe it doesn't "go" all that much :-\

I salvaged 2 more doors for additional bench space. I hope to buy the shelf units this week and do the expansion. I need more space for materials storage and a rod building bench. I have fly rod and ice rod blanks that I haven't tied up yet. My machinist and I are working on some components for a rod wrapping station. I like that guy. He's 200 times more particular than I am.

Sorry Trapper, I have no idea what kind of fly you're working on. Any links I can look at for reference?

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1052 on: Oct 08, 2010, 05:31 AM »
lol  kaayuk  flys   lol  simply    glo  bug  yarn  tied  on a  hook  ,when  finished ya  toss them  at  salmon  so  far  i have kaayuked a few  salmon  but  creek  chubs  are  extrmely  found  of  kaayuk flies!!!!!....big differance in size  little  in taste
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #1053 on: Oct 08, 2010, 02:34 PM »
Don't believe everything you see :-\

Meet Walter...he's over 101yrs old. I've had him since 1974. Got him from a older gentleman when I demolished his back yard greenhouse for him who said he had him for 65 years. (named for his previous caretaker)

He's a good old Jade Tree ;D

RG

Hey RG, Is that one of those Suzanne Somers thigh masters on the floor next to that silver bowl on the floor???? LOL!!! Nice bench by the way!!!--KP ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1054 on: Oct 08, 2010, 04:31 PM »
No, its a light with magnifying lens that's waiting for a home on the expanded bench. But....Suzanne can come over and exercise my thighs any time she wants ;D

I get it Trap...local "nomenclature"

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1055 on: Oct 08, 2010, 04:46 PM »
I also made an addition to my arsenal of fly tying tools....

3 essential pair of scissors by Dr. Slick.....I'm impressed. Obviously designed by a fly tier for fly tiers. I have  a pair of Ghinger  scissors that cost as much as this set. These are better suited for fly tying materials.  A real value from LL Bean for $29 and free shipping.

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #1056 on: Oct 08, 2010, 06:24 PM »
No, its a light with magnifying lens that's waiting for a home on the expanded bench. But....Suzanne can come over and exercise my thighs any time she wants ;D

I get it Trap...local "nomenclature"

RG
;)--KP 8)

trapper2000

« Reply #1057 on: Oct 09, 2010, 06:17 AM »
taking the  day off  to  tie  flies and  relax maybe  hit the lake  for some real  fish ....bluegills later  Mr  KP  jr  it  was  nice  finally meeting you  sir!  and  the  young  miss  kp  also!  kp  good  job, i need to  fill the  fly  boxes and  rest my achy  hands  today  .....  lots  of  laughs  yesterday  evening with  HT  having  a  fish  jump on the far  shore  .....  lol  ....at lease HT  and  i seen one trophy  for  sure!!!!!........sorry  this  one  is  a  secret !! :rotflol: :rotflol:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1058 on: Oct 09, 2010, 06:46 PM »
Spent my day attacking my list of "to do's"...cleaned the windows...rearranged the bedroom (to make the Bride happy), moved Walter into the bedroom for the winter and then I attacked my fly tying room. The expansion is near complete and I'm pleased with the outcome. I'm going for some Crappie and bass in the morning and then I'll get it done. Can't wait to christen the new digs with the first fly and a frosty cold one ;D

I'll put up some pics when it's done.

RG

trapper2000

« Reply #1059 on: Oct 09, 2010, 07:06 PM »
sounds  great  RG  !  i   played   on the  bench  for  awhile  today relaxing  and  avoiding the  crowds  ..  soon  the  steelies  with be  the  winter  kings  of  the  river  and  the  only game  till  spring   when  i'm not  on the  hard  water ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1060 on: Oct 09, 2010, 07:20 PM »
I'm really torn Trap, I was down in the southern tier yesterday and the Cohocton and it's feeders were high and just clearing....prefect fall trout water. I'd love to drown some of those stone flies I've been tying....but the crappie are in my back yard and the smallmouth are in the eat till they drop mode  :-\

I'll probably stay local and head south Wednesday, if the weather holds.

RG

trapper2000

« Reply #1061 on: Oct 09, 2010, 07:40 PM »
i  was  banging  small  steelies     in  oswego  till the  water  went  high  and  since  been in the  small  tribs  ....the  bass  and  panfish  should  be  on the  bite  but  that  silver  flash in  fast  water  ......  but  week ends  theres the  crowds  ....decessions  ...... it's all good  RG  you  can't  go the  wrong  way  really  .....  soon as that  water  clears   those  stone flies  will kick  butt   ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1062 on: Oct 10, 2010, 02:24 AM »
By the way, those fabric paint pens are the bee's knees.

RG

trapper2000

« Reply #1063 on: Oct 10, 2010, 08:52 AM »
part  of the  fun of  tying  is  looking  for  new material and  new ways  of using it basicly anything  from  road kill  to a  glue  stick  can  be used after material  we  begin  studing the  fish  we intend on catching ,from that  we study  insect life cycles and food chains ....orrrrr  we  come to my fishfinder ,relax enjoy a heineken  and  simple ty up a few patterns  that catches our  fancy  .... flyfishing  is a amazing  sport  wether  you  strive  to be a  elitist with a  degree in  entomology or  simple enjoy  hearing a bluegill sip a spider .... the  good  thing is  most of  us  fall somewhere in between .... our  fishing  begins  long  before we  pull  up  to that stream it  started as  we found a new patteren  to ty  or  searched  for materials ,  the  night we spent  sitting at the bench  in our own little world,we finish a new  fly  and  with  child like  enthusiasm  we  rush  to show our better halfs ...that  nod and smile that they give ,glad  we play  with feathers and fur  and  not  tring to  raise  our  own  spikes ....we  find ourselfs  listening more and sharing more  with  fellow  addicted fishing  friends ....the quility  of our  fishing  time  goes to a new level ....catching a lot of fish  becomes  optional . smiles and laughter  become  mandatory. didn't feel like  fighting the  crowds today ,although i understand why there here and i do  wish then all a safe and  happy  time....rather  i'm in a quiet mood  so  it's  going  to be  mr  bluegill  today once my hands loosen up a bit ..... i leave  all the younger fisherman with a new though ,it has been said  to bad youth is wasted on the young .... i say  it's to bad  experance and wisdom  is  wasted  on the older  generation ....have fun and be safe ..corkers  pfd and  pay attention a  ego  doesn't  float well  with me  or  in the  water!

life  is good

KingPerch

« Reply #1064 on: Oct 10, 2010, 09:06 AM »
Great reading this morning Trapper!!! That by far was better reading than the sunday paper......OH, by the way Yanks sweep!! ;)--KP

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.