FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561097 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #1065 on: Oct 10, 2010, 09:12 AM »
and  the  quest  for  28  goes  on!!!!!!!!!!!!  arn't the   redddddddd  soxs  done  ??????
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

1fish@atime

« Reply #1066 on: Oct 10, 2010, 12:12 PM »
Very well said Trapper. I don't care for crowds much myself, but four or five friends on the water or on the ice fit the bill well. Maybe someday I'll have the desire to sit for hours tying flies. God knows I watch my dad do it enough years. He just had a lot more patience than myself. I am the tweener generation. Old enough to long for the good old days but young enough to want it NOW!!
I hope the bluegill and pans find your flies to much to resist and you have fun....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1067 on: Oct 10, 2010, 02:28 PM »
Waxing philosophical again eh Trapper ;D Goes with the territory. We've never met, but I feel like I'm not alone.

My knee is pretty sore today so I decided I'd finish the new digs and maybe hit an easy pool a bit later.

Doubled my bench space.

Added shelves and LED sticks over my vise.

Added some storage to include rod storage for when the winter comes.

Pretty comfortable so far. Well worth the effort.

RG

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #1068 on: Oct 10, 2010, 02:50 PM »
RG your  a  pack  rat  like me!!!!  i have  found  that  storage  is  the  key  and   organizing  it   simple  take  out  what  you  need  for a  pattern  the  return  when your  done ,it really is  tough  to get  yourself  in that habit  but  it  is a  must also  i  have  alot  of  plastic  boxes  ready to  store  flies   or  new  materials  in ....nice  work  area  ...looks  comfortable  ...another thing i  noticed  is  your  chair  is  solid...good  choose  i  had   a  computor  chair    rather  have  a  solid  base  when i'm  tying ....Philosophy is  alot  like  a   trout  stream  RG  ,it changes  with  seasons ,floods ,age ,and  such  ..... as  flyfisherman  and  tyiers  we  often are  alone  and  have   time  to  ponder  such things ....as  humans  we all have a  deep need to  believe  in something!  after  careful  consideration i  believe  i'm going to  ty  some  hares  ears   ;D

life  is  good

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1069 on: Oct 10, 2010, 03:12 PM »
I agree....tie some Hare's ears ;D

I love that pattern. I found an interesting website The Fly Bench. Their home page has what they call "The Foundation Forty". Basically, what they consider to be to 40 flies every tier should know and use. I've decided to tie them all, 5 at a time, and put them on a display board on the wall. I think it'll be interesting to see the 5 fly progression (hopefully they'll improve). It'll make some nice decoration and I'm sure to learn some new technique.

Hey, they may even catch fish ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #1070 on: Oct 10, 2010, 05:07 PM »
WAIT!!!!! you mean  these  flies  catch  fish ?????  RG  i  kinda  got  a  idea  from you my  den is  rather  small  after seeing  your  set up i  went  and   got a  metal  shelf unit  think i'm going to  go  buy  another  one  for  fly tying  the  other  fo ice  jigs  paints  and  spinning  stuff  ......  this  gives  me plenty of  room  for  the  stereo   ;D

life  is  good

KingPerch

« Reply #1071 on: Oct 10, 2010, 06:41 PM »
Hey Trap, if you look real hard... there's one box with the initials KP on it....Must be perch flies or jigs!!! LOL!! wishful thinking on my part right?? Tightlines you 'Ol Farts!!--KP 8)   SWEET fly tying bench RG!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

« Reply #1072 on: Oct 10, 2010, 06:45 PM »
Hey Trap, if you look real hard... there's one box with the initials KP on it....Must be perch flies or jigs!!! LOL!! wishful thinking on my part right?? Tightlines you 'Ol Farts!!--KP 8)   SWEET fly tying bench RG!! ;)

theres  2  ice  rods  on the wall  for you KP!!!!

KingPerch

« Reply #1073 on: Oct 10, 2010, 06:58 PM »
I'll have Jr. set up an ice fishing day with you and then you can deliver the goods. You do like coffee don't you??? ;)--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

« Reply #1074 on: Oct 10, 2010, 07:03 PM »
i have  been  known  to  drink a  cup now  and  then  ;D

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1075 on: Oct 11, 2010, 11:34 PM »
It comes and goes. I do get frustrated not having things at my fingertips when I'm tying...and working....and fishing.....and cooking.....Maybe it doesn't "go" all that much :-\

I salvaged 2 more doors for additional bench space. I hope to buy the shelf units this week and do the expansion. I need more space for materials storage and a rod building bench. I have fly rod and ice rod blanks that I haven't tied up yet. My machinist and I are working on some components for a rod wrapping station. I like that guy. He's 200 times more particular than I am.

Sorry Trapper, I have no idea what kind of fly you're working on. Any links I can look at for reference?

RG

Well, I see what happens when I go away from here for a short amount of time! RG..I am starting to realize that we have more similarities than I previously guessed. Not alot of people in this day and age posses the skills and qualities of a self conscious chef, that thrives on expertise in the kitchen, has good organizational skills, continuously exhibits superb knowledge of grammar, and is not to proud to show that a man can also be at peace within himself, while still doing things that most men would consider "woman's work", for lack of better words. I have no problems dusting, as a matter of fact, I do better than anyone else in my home at it. Because I focus on the job at hand. Enough said on this tangent!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1076 on: Oct 12, 2010, 03:52 AM »
Thanks FM.
I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin. Yeah, I cook, clean and do dishes and windows. I learned a long time ago that there's things my bride does very well and things she doesn't.

All that aside, I've always made work spaces comfortable and efficient. I have a knack for that. I made a lot of money designing and producing work stations for the likes of Kodak, Xerox and Bausch and Lomb, to name a few.

I've built 3 mill work shops in my life and someday I'll build myself a last wood shop for just me. I'm a wood worker at heart and when my retirement comes, I'll return to it. I make my living doing electrical work. I know more than the majority about troubleshooting and repairs. It's boring because it's so easy for me, but.....gotta pay for skittles and beer somehow ;D

RG

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #1077 on: Oct 12, 2010, 04:15 PM »
and  the  quest  for  28  goes  on!!!!!!!!!!!!  arn't the   redddddddd  soxs  done  ??????
Nope. Watch out for next year boys, THE RED SOX ARE IN TOWN AND TAKING NAMES!!!! Watch Out Yankees
 ;D ;D ;D :flex: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :bowdown: :rotflol:
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #1078 on: Oct 12, 2010, 04:16 PM »
taking the  day off  to  tie  flies and  relax maybe  hit the lake  for some real  fish ....bluegills later  Mr  KP  jr  it  was  nice  finally meeting you  sir!  and  the  young  miss  kp  also!  kp  good  job, i need to  fill the  fly  boxes and  rest my achy  hands  today  .....  lots  of  laughs  yesterday  evening with  HT  having  a  fish  jump on the far  shore  .....  lol  ....at lease HT  and  i seen one trophy  for  sure!!!!!........sorry  this  one  is  a  secret !! :rotflol: :rotflol:
Nice meeting you too Trap!!! 8)
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #1079 on: Oct 12, 2010, 04:26 PM »
Looks like a nice man cave you have there!   8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.