FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560556 times)

KingPerch

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #1110 on: Oct 15, 2010, 07:45 AM »
we  should  get  a  bunch  of  use  to  do  a  otisco  trip too! 
You got that right Trap, I gotta date with one of those BRUTE TIGERS in that water!!! ;) :flex:--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #1111 on: Oct 15, 2010, 07:47 AM »
:cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: FM you need to go to bed earlier bud
I believe that there is a guy, David Blain, who does the same crazy crap!!!! You the man FM!!!--KP You would make this Jr. Buzzard into an 'Ol Buzzard really quick too with those antics!! ;)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1112 on: Oct 15, 2010, 12:42 PM »
well  it's  pouring  and  i'm  setting at the  bench ....  i  tied  up  some  small  san jaun  worms   in pink  ...  and  now  back  to the  oswego  brown  trout  slayer  fly  the   yellow  stone  ...  i  ty this   bead  head  with  brown  tail ,wing case  and  legs  yellow  body  with  copper  wire  rib  .....  as  far  as a  fly i  honestly believe  this  is  the  best patteren  for  browns  in oswego  river !  after  years  on tring  different  patterens   i  can say this  has  out  produced  all others  hands  down  .....  i sooooooooo  want  to  get  over  to  lock 7 ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1113 on: Oct 15, 2010, 04:46 PM »
Get your camera fixed....we want some pics...nothing like a good "magic fly" ;D

I'm still working on my stone fly patterns. I can feel a materials binge coming on. Maybe a morning trip to Bass Pro. :w00t:
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #1114 on: Oct 15, 2010, 06:52 PM »
rg  i assure  you the first peek   ;D

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1115 on: Oct 16, 2010, 01:18 AM »
like  i  said  what happens  at the  lake  stays  at the  lake   ...we  very  well may  be  talking  fly  fishing  ...although  it  is  my thread  ,,so  we  can  talk  what  ever  ....   and  lance  ya  skeer  me  again   i'll  make  ya  wear  corkers  and  a  pfd  ........

I hear ya Trap...... But if you scare me again......I'm bringing a defribilator and an extra set of body organs to transplant if needed! ;)

trapper2000

« Reply #1116 on: Oct 16, 2010, 06:27 AM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:   hey  lance  what  happens  in the  lake  stays  at  the  lake  , including my  mortality  .....  heck  if  frank  seen me  sick  or  you  flopping  we  both  woulda  had a  bead  rig  snaggin  our butts  a  rope threw  our  mouths  and  our  pictures  on  every  thread  on here   :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:.......oh this  was  totally  uncalled  for  ..but  it  was  funny .... i  been  hanging  with  tony  to much

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1117 on: Oct 16, 2010, 02:49 PM »
This is only the beginning of the antics you will encounter when ya partner up with me for a day in this beautiful world that was given for us to share! :o :o Plenty of memorable times to come my friend. Glad we have met. ;)

trapper2000

« Reply #1118 on: Oct 17, 2010, 01:14 AM »
well  we  have  to  hit  that  with  flyrods  when  there  on  the  top  feeding !  right  now  gills  will  be  stocking  up  just  like  walleyes  for  the  fall   warm  sunny  day  you  can  still  have  some  top  water  fun!   but  a  bead  head  and  strike  indacator    and  yer  in heaven  brother  ....cheating  by  putting  a  spike   or two on is allowed  just  be  like  gamma  and  deny  it! 

Gamma Fish

« Reply #1119 on: Oct 17, 2010, 06:01 AM »
well  we  have  to  hit  that  with  flyrods  when  there  on  the  top  feeding !  right  now  gills  will  be  stocking  up  just  like  walleyes  for  the  fall   warm  sunny  day  you  can  still  have  some  top  water  fun!   but  a  bead  head  and  strike  indacator    and  yer  in heaven  brother  ....cheating  by  putting  a  spike   or two on is allowed  just  be  like  gamma  and  deny  it! 
Keep it up and I'll start calling you HT !!       I will however, drown some worms and marshmallows ion Skaneateles Lake this coming week but that's about the extent of my live bait fishing !
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

« Reply #1120 on: Oct 17, 2010, 10:05 AM »
gamma  serious  question  ,do you  run  the  double  hook  so  the  marshmellow  keeps  the  worm  of  the  bottom ,remeber  running  it  like  that  for  steelies , let me  know  how  ya  do!

Gamma Fish

« Reply #1121 on: Oct 17, 2010, 01:17 PM »
gamma  serious  question  ,do you  run  the  double  hook  so  the  marshmellow  keeps  the  worm  of  the  bottom ,remeber  running  it  like  that  for  steelies , let me  know  how  ya  do!
Single hook #6 or #4 (Mustad 79791)  Push a marshmallow onto the hook and then past the eye onto the line.  Single hook a worm and then push the mallow back down over the hook eye.
   I leave the bag of marshmallows open so the get hard.   Easier to work with and they'll float a worm much longer. 
Depending on the wind and sunshine, I use different rigs but usually, it's just an egg sinker, 2 foot leader and a hook !      If the lake is flat and the sun is shining, the rainbows will feed near the surface.  Once the egg sinker hits bottom, let out line until you see your worm / mallow floating on the surface and adjust depth from that point !    Works every time...........................for me anyway ! :whistling: :whistling: ;D ;D

There's not much food in Skaneateles and the rainbows and lakers get pretty dumb !     ;) ;) ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

trapper2000

« Reply #1122 on: Oct 17, 2010, 01:46 PM »
i'll  try  it !   can  we  run  beads?????? :rotflol:

KingPerch

« Reply #1123 on: Oct 17, 2010, 02:24 PM »
Single hook #6 or #4 (Mustad 79791)  Push a marshmallow onto the hook and then past the eye onto the line.  Single hook a worm and then push the mallow back down over the hook eye.
  I leave the bag of marshmallows open so the get hard.   Easier to work with and they'll float a worm much longer. 
Depending on the wind and sunshine, I use different rigs but usually, it's just an egg sinker, 2 foot leader and a hook !      If the lake is flat and the sun is shining, the rainbows will feed near the surface.  Once the egg sinker hits bottom, let out line until you see your worm / mallow floating on the surface and adjust depth from that point !    Works every time...........................for me anyway ! :whistling: :whistling: ;D ;D

There's not much food in Skaneateles and the rainbows and lakers get pretty dumb !     ;) ;) ;)
For some dumb reason, I don't believe the bag gets left open toooo long for them to get hard with you around GAMMA!!! :w00t:--KP 8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1124 on: Oct 17, 2010, 03:35 PM »
Gamma never did learn how to fish "right side up" so he fishes "up side down"   :-\

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.