FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 562320 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #1170 on: Oct 26, 2010, 08:19 PM »
very  nice   daniel  ....  i   often  use  the    fabric   paint  to  add  a  little  flavor  to  stone   flies  a   simply   drop  of  green,  pink ,  or  whatever  on  the   wing  case  often  sets  the  fly   apart .  very   nice  fly ...you  should  have  RG   message  you  on how  to post  pictures    and  welcome  aboard!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1171 on: Oct 28, 2010, 06:44 PM »
Next time I get over there, I will stop in and check out the "not so manly" Isles then, god only can guess what I will come home with! :wacko: I promise to make ya's all proud though. My focus as of late have been these fall Waldo's though.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1172 on: Nov 04, 2010, 08:35 AM »
season  is  getting  late   boys!  and  it's  been  one  of my  best ,not  just  in numbers  of  fish  but  from  all the   new  friends  i have  met  on  here,it's  true  smiles  are contagious  and  nowhere  is  this more  true  then  fishermen!  i  have  enjoyed  this  thread,  the  laughing  and  the  joking,but  also i have  enjoyed  the  renewed  enthusiasm  i  have  seen ...from  the  begginer  to  the  pro  (  pro  is  a  loose  term  here )  the  tying  tips  we  have  shared , the  excitement  we  have  experanced  when  another  got  a  new  boat  or  tried a  new  fly,and  the  laughter  we all shared  with  the  humorist  side  of  fishing!  yes   gents  it's been  my  best  season  ever  ,and  you all played a  part  in  it  ...we  found  the  comman  ground  which  we  can  all  stand  on!  fishing  and then  fish  expanded  reaching  into  other  aspects  of  out  lifes....  yup  great  season!

it's  not  over  tho  boys!  right  now  i assure  you  bluegills  are  still pounding  nymphs!  steelies  and  browns  are  on the  bite and  my  rod  is  not  in  it's  case .the  bench  will  soon  see  alot  more  action  as  the  weather  cools ,and  memorys  of  this  season  will  dash  threw  my head  as i  ty flies  i really  don't  need!

my  next  work  will  be  weighted  nymphs  i  us  icefishing  !  i have  found  a  small  bead  head  hares  ear  tied  very lose  and  baited  with a  spike  or  mousie  will take  bluegils  crappies  and  perch  when  nothing  else  will!  the  jig  blanks  are  sitting there with  powderpaint  .....  ice  blanks  to  be  tied  too!!!!

now  every  season  i like  to  be  able  to  do a  summeroy  in my  journal on  what  i  learned ...this  year  ...SHARING   BROTHERHOOD    and  that we all  share  a comman  love
                                                                                                                                                               life  is  good!!!!  enjoy  it!

god  bless  TRAPP

you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1173 on: Nov 04, 2010, 08:42 AM »
very well put Trapper. hey dont forget to try and copy my favorite ice jigs. remember the picture i sent you a while back. 4mm is the perfect size.  ;) 8)

Gamma Fish

« Reply #1174 on: Nov 04, 2010, 12:19 PM »
season  is  getting  late   boys!  and  it's  been  one  of my  best ,not  just  in numbers  of  fish  but  from  all the   new  friends  i have  met  on  here,it's  true  smiles  are contagious  and  nowhere  is  this more  true  then  fishermen!  i  have  enjoyed  this  thread,  the  laughing  and  the  joking,but  also i have  enjoyed  the  renewed  enthusiasm  i  have  seen ...from  the  begginer  to  the  pro  (  pro  is  a  loose  term  here )  the  tying  tips  we  have  shared , the  excitement  we  have  experanced  when  another  got  a  new  boat  or  tried a  new  fly,and  the  laughter  we all shared  with  the  humorist  side  of  fishing!  yes   gents  it's been  my  best  season  ever  ,and  you all played a  part  in  it  ...we  found  the  comman  ground  which  we  can  all  stand  on!  fishing  and then  fish  expanded  reaching  into  other  aspects  of  out  lifes....  yup  great  season!

it's  not  over  tho  boys!  right  now  i assure  you  bluegills  are  still pounding  nymphs!  steelies  and  browns  are  on the  bite and  my  rod  is  not  in  it's  case .the  bench  will  soon  see  alot  more  action  as  the  weather  cools ,and  memorys  of  this  season  will  dash  threw  my head  as i  ty flies  i really  don't  need!

my  next  work  will  be  weighted  nymphs  i  us  icefishing  !  i have  found  a  small  bead  head  hares  ear  tied  very lose  and  baited  with a  spike  or  mousie  will take  bluegils  crappies  and  perch  when  nothing  else  will!  the  jig  blanks  are  sitting there with  powderpaint  .....  ice  blanks  to  be  tied  too!!!!

now  every  season  i like  to  be  able  to  do a  summeroy  in my  journal on  what  i  learned ...this  year  ...SHARING   BROTHERHOOD    and  that we all  share  a comman  love
                                                                                                                                                               life  is  good!!!!  enjoy  it!

god  bless  TRAPP

Put the cap back on the jug before you hurt yourself ! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

KingPerch

« Reply #1175 on: Nov 04, 2010, 12:19 PM »
Put the cap back on the jug before you hurt yourself ! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:--KP ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1176 on: Nov 04, 2010, 04:28 PM »
I was gonna type some lachrymose response :'( , but....I've had a bunch of fun with this thread too. I did more fly fishing this year than in the last 10, largely in part to good conversation with other like-minded people.

I'm kinda in a transition now. I'm ready to hammer the perch, but I've been dedicating time to my sorely neglected gun collection. My little Sako Vixen .223 is getting a much needed makeover and my other goodies are clean as new.

Anyways,
Thanks guys. This was fun....even with Gamma kicking around ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #1177 on: Nov 04, 2010, 07:12 PM »
I was gonna type some lachrymose response :'( , but....I've had a bunch of fun with this thread too. I did more fly fishing this year than in the last 10, largely in part to good conversation with other like-minded people.

I'm kinda in a transition now. I'm ready to hammer the perch, but I've been dedicating time to my sorely neglected gun collection. My little Sako Vixen .223 is getting a much needed makeover and my other goodies are clean as new.

Anyways,
Thanks guys. This was fun....even with Gamma kicking around ;D

RG
Could I interest you in a pair of early Sako Finnbears....One in .308 and the other a custom barreled .264 Ackley Improved ?  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
   Actually, I'd never part with them !    Had both since the mid 70's when I was a young lad !   Plus, the .264 AI is a very nice Taliban eradicator ! ;) ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1178 on: Nov 05, 2010, 02:37 AM »
No thanks. I barely have time to think about the toys I have now, The Vixen was my Father-in-law's.Near as I can tell , it was purchased in 1961.  Left to me when he passed. It's such a sweet shooting fire arm. Sub MOA at 200 yds...(with the right reloads ;D)

It's a chuck, fox and Yote eradicator. I've had a 6.5 x 20, 50mm Night Forces scope to mount on it for about 5 years now. The stock was in need of inletting and bedding. Perfect time to refinish. Time I get it done.

Heck...I might even go shoot it :-\

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1179 on: Nov 05, 2010, 10:10 PM »
season  is  getting  late   boys!  and  it's  been  one  of my  best ,not  just  in numbers  of  fish  but  from  all the   new  friends  i have  met  on  here,it's  true  smiles  are contagious  and  nowhere  is  this more  true  then  fishermen!  i  have  enjoyed  this  thread,  the  laughing  and  the  joking,but  also i have  enjoyed  the  renewed  enthusiasm  i  have  seen ...from  the  begginer  to  the  pro  (  pro  is  a  loose  term  here )  the  tying  tips  we  have  shared , the  excitement  we  have  experanced  when  another  got  a  new  boat  or  tried a  new  fly,and  the  laughter  we all shared  with  the  humorist  side  of  fishing!  yes   gents  it's been  my  best  season  ever  ,and  you all played a  part  in  it  ...we  found  the  comman  ground  which  we  can  all  stand  on!  fishing  and then  fish  expanded  reaching  into  other  aspects  of  out  lifes....  yup  great  season!

it's  not  over  tho  boys!  right  now  i assure  you  bluegills  are  still pounding  nymphs!  steelies  and  browns  are  on the  bite and  my  rod  is  not  in  it's  case .the  bench  will  soon  see  alot  more  action  as  the  weather  cools ,and  memorys  of  this  season  will  dash  threw  my head  as i  ty flies  i really  don't  need!

Well spoken Trapp.! I agree on all comments made. If I had not crossed paths with the likes of you guy's, I now fl my life would have been left incomplete and cheated. ;) :P You bunch of old farts

my  next  work  will  be  weighted  nymphs  i  us  icefishing  !  i have  found  a  small  bead  head  hares  ear  tied  very lose  and  baited  with a  spike  or  mousie  will take  bluegils  crappies  and  perch  when  nothing  else  will!  the  jig  blanks  are  sitting there with  powderpaint  .....  ice  blanks  to  be  tied  too!!!!

now  every  season  i like  to  be  able  to  do a  summeroy  in my  journal on  what  i  learned ...this  year  ...SHARING   BROTHERHOOD    and  that we all  share  a comman  love
                                                                                                                                                               life  is  good!!!!  enjoy  it!

god  bless  TRAPP

KingPerch

« Reply #1180 on: Nov 11, 2010, 07:13 AM »
Almost a week since FM posted last. Thought I'd stop in to see where our two favorite OLD FARTS are hiding!!! You know who you are!! ::) ::) If your still fishing, that's fine... If your ill, that's not fine!... Check in from time to time to let all of us know your still with us!!!!!! ;) Hate to see a great thread go down!!! Titelines Gents!!!!--KP 8)  Just hope you two have some great stories to share upon your return!!! ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1181 on: Nov 11, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I've been playing with my Grandson. He and his mom (my baby) are visiting for a week. We went to Chimney Bluffs today.

Awesome place.

RG

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1182 on: Nov 11, 2010, 04:16 PM »
wow is the fishing so good that Trapper does not even check in at all for weeks at a time  ??? RG is working so i know he is still alive anyway. Trapper was supposed to take me on a pan fish rampage last Monday and Tuesday but he still has not surfused with the sub marine yet. god DA* old farts anyway.  ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

KingPerch

« Reply #1183 on: Nov 11, 2010, 04:20 PM »
I've been playing with my Grandson. He and his mom (my baby) are visiting for a week. We went to Chimney Bluffs today.

Awesome place.

RG
Looks like RG is spending good quality time with family!!!! Great pics RG!!! Have a great time with your grandson!!--KP 8)

1fish@atime

« Reply #1184 on: Nov 11, 2010, 06:01 PM »
Sweet RG!! I'm waiting for my grandson to want to go with grampa. A couple years probably.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.