FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560485 times)

oatkasut

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #1305 on: Mar 12, 2011, 04:34 PM »
lubing up the fly rod now for mid-week stream fishing or can I meet you at the  launch RG then?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1306 on: Mar 12, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Well...I've got a 3wt ready to get into the new drying box for finish. I'll be itching to give it a test cast. I don't hold much hope for the streams for a week or so. It may be the launch Saturday morning ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1307 on: Mar 22, 2011, 04:59 AM »
Time to start getting this thread active again ehh? Just remembered that I still have KP's fly tieing book he let me borrow last summer.....whoops. It'll find it's way home KP, I promise. 8)

KingPerch

« Reply #1308 on: Mar 22, 2011, 06:12 AM »
Yes sir FM!! That book is yours bud, I bought another!! I'm not quite finessed and as detail oriented as RG with tying flies....But, Mine do catch fish!! I do know that Jr. inherited a real nice mess of flies over the winter.....Thanks RG!! I gotta talk to a man about a custom rod though... :whistling: Well, I have certainly missed Trapper for the past 4 months, hope he's still vertical!! ;) Titelines with Dry Flies gentlemen!! Hey, that's pretty catchy!! ;D--KP
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

1fish@atime

« Reply #1309 on: Mar 22, 2011, 07:06 AM »
Looks like I may be doing a little more fly fishing this year.
Selling the boat, and right now the only mode of transportation is foot.  Good thing the river is only a mile from the house. :o

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1310 on: Mar 22, 2011, 03:33 PM »
Good to see some familiar farts.....better re-phrase that....fly fishers around again.

1fish, sorry to hear about your boat, but, the fly rod is a timeless substitute. I've slowly come to the realization that my fishing interests are coming full circle. I only want to fly fish and bobber fish any more. I still do a bit of spin fishing in the streams and a few weeks of trolling for walleye, but the fly rod is always on my mind.

I hope the streams and rivers give some respite from life's difficulties for you. If you'd like to become an official "Field Tester" of some of my flies....just say the word ;D

Welcome back you bunch of fly nuts!
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #1311 on: Mar 22, 2011, 03:46 PM »
Good to be back, RG!!

Funny, You mentioned, fishing coming full circle. I was thinking of that same thing while Jr. and I were getting open water gear ready.

Seems as though the older I get, that vise of mine stays put on my desk for longer periods of time. I couldn't possibly stop walleye, bass, flatfish, steelhead, trout and salmon fishing anytime soon, because of an up and comer, Jr. He wants to fish and catch everything that is in the waters of NY. Not a bad thing........

Well, KP, has some stoneflies, boogers and a few other pieces of arsenol to tend to. Gonna be a great fishing season....Enjoy it!!!

Titelines with  Dry Flies Gentlemen!!

KP ;)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1312 on: Mar 22, 2011, 11:24 PM »
I am delighted to see some of our good friends back here again, I'm still not an Ol' fart.....but I do have another year under my belt fellas! As we all know, with age...comes wisdom. I truly still have a long way to go. With friends of the caliber of you people.....I just may make it to a good Ol' ripe age.

Thank you KP for the gift brother....that is unexpected , but also appreciated more than words can speak. My father did teach me at least one good trait.."what comes around..goes around". ;)

And to all.....I wish for good health, and a prosperous season.

KingPerch

« Reply #1313 on: Mar 23, 2011, 07:14 AM »
I'm older than you FM, You calling KP an Old Fart?? Ha Ha!! LOL!! I know where I stand in this world with you Lance, Anything...anytime!!!! ;)

Titelines--KP 8)

wiredstone

« Reply #1314 on: Mar 23, 2011, 07:36 PM »
Finally got my replacment Sharkskin fly line back today. Can't wait to try it out. Love the line. Supper slick
wooo fish on. Never mind

Gamma Fish

« Reply #1315 on: Mar 24, 2011, 04:02 AM »
Finally got my replacment Sharkskin fly line back today. Can't wait to try it out. Love the line. Supper slick
Let us know if you catch a shark ! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1316 on: Mar 24, 2011, 05:32 PM »
I'm going back and forth between a Sharkskin and a Cortland Precision. Are SA lines US made?
RG

KingPerch

« Reply #1317 on: Mar 24, 2011, 06:26 PM »
I believe the company started in Michigan RG!!! I was looking at thier sharkskin line not long ago and the box , I believe did say, Made in USA!! Sorry, I couldn't be of more help!!--KP 8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1318 on: Mar 24, 2011, 06:59 PM »
I have made a concerted effort to buy American made products for this build. I know Cortland is USA made and have had nothing but good experience with their lines. I just thought I'd try something different.....if it's made in USA.
RG

wiredstone

« Reply #1319 on: Mar 24, 2011, 08:16 PM »
They are in Michigen. I have to say,they stand behind there product. Had my line for 2 years and the loop broke. They sent me a new one.  :thumbup_smilie:
wooo fish on. Never mind

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.