FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561423 times)

KingPerch

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #1425 on: May 24, 2011, 05:36 PM »
He tricked that brookie with a light cahill I believe RG!! ;) The tree's are very fond of our flies as well!! ::) Good times!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1426 on: May 24, 2011, 11:33 PM »
Jr. and I took a ride to one of our streams yesterday. And he scored his first trout, Brookie on the fly!!! :clapping: After losing a few right off the start, he patiently kept after them. We didn't get a picture of it, he was so excited that when the fish started flopping in his hands, the fish had other plans!! He said, " That's OK Dad, I'll have the picture for the rest of my life in my mind." Amazing how fast he learns and picks up on things. ;) Great day as always fishing with my Lil Buddy!!

RG, He'll be ready soon....... ;) :whistling:

LIFE IS GOOD!!--KP 8)

Good enough right there KP and JR. Memories that will last for eternity.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1427 on: May 25, 2011, 07:21 AM »
kp  thats  awsome  man ! lance  howdyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1428 on: May 27, 2011, 01:03 AM »
kp  thats  awsome  man ! lance  howdyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;D

And a Howdy to you Mr. Trapper. I'm leading to presume, that all is well in life? Continue the good work you have been showing us.

trapper2000

« Reply #1429 on: May 27, 2011, 05:33 AM »
i'm showing  KP  how  to adjust  the idle  on a  old outboard  .... he's  getting  there  ....we  were  both scratching  our  heads  tho .....lol  life is always  good  lance  just keep  fishing ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #1430 on: May 27, 2011, 07:18 AM »
i'm showing  KP  how  to adjust  the idle  on a  old outboard  .... he's  getting  there  ....we  were  both scratching  our  heads  tho .....lol  life is always  good  lance  just keep  fishing ;D
Your wisdom always amazes me Buddy!! Once I get that old girl running, I'll show you how to put it on that boat of yours, fill thermos bottles with coffee, pack a nice sandwich in the cooler, load that boat and go pound some DUKES!! Well.... maybe not POUNDING the DUKES thing.... ;)  LIFE IS GOOD!!--KP 8)

trapper2000

« Reply #1431 on: May 27, 2011, 03:43 PM »
and  thank you  mr  kp  for  all your  help   ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #1432 on: May 27, 2011, 04:07 PM »
It's all back together Buddy!! I had dr. appointments today...sooooo, I don't know if she'll run....YET!!  KP says mumbling to himself..."Gotta be the idle control"...... :cookoo:--KP ;D

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1433 on: May 29, 2011, 06:54 PM »
Tank and I spent the morning on one of our fav creeks. Conditions were great -water dropping but a bit off color. A little warm for stompin around but somehow there were no skeeters, gnats, or flies.
I dropped him off and took the vehicle down stream quite a ways, then fished down till he picked me up below. We both landed a dozen and played with a bunch of others. Flyrods and minnows!  ;D
Most of the nicer holes had one or two trout in them...

Didnt run into anybody but did find a herd of Slow Elk...

They were not interested in the trout, but we will enjoy some tomorrow...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

filetandrelease

« Reply #1434 on: May 29, 2011, 07:45 PM »
nice fish bro looks like surf and turf in the back ground  ;D

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1435 on: May 29, 2011, 10:23 PM »
that is cool  8) ;D

trapper2000

« Reply #1436 on: May 30, 2011, 08:49 PM »
i stop at all season's yesterday and  got a  new  foam  cutter ,i got the small beaver  tail cutter ,  wow i love it  it's rather a  generic  bug  body  so  you can  use  it  for  hopper bodys  to stone  flies!  it was under 11  bucks and  worth  ever penny  !  if i  can i'll  post  pictures  of  some of the  flies  ,but  you  can  google  the  cutter and see  some  great  examples  !!!!RG  you want  this  cutter  man !!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1437 on: May 31, 2011, 01:58 AM »
River Road makes some really cool stuff. Right now I'm applying for a second mortgage to but a genetic cape. Have you seen the prices of this stuff now? I saw a grade 2 Whiting dun  half cape go for $200 on Ebay. A full cape grizzly went for $350. Damned hairdressers are killing us tyers.

We need to raise us some chickens Trap!

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #1438 on: May 31, 2011, 06:56 AM »
RG  it's  unbelieveable!  no matter  what  any one  says  your  talking  chicken  feathers  !!!!  i'm going  to try  to  take  some  pictures  of  using  the  beavertail  later today  ....RG   pm me  your  address  again i'll send  you  a  bunch of  these  bodys  ......  you'll  love  em

trapper2000

« Reply #1439 on: May 31, 2011, 04:17 PM »
i personally  love  any  kind  of  dry  fly  and  i  have  been playing  with  this  patteren  for  years ,  the  other  day i  got  a  beavertail body  foam  cutter  made  by  river  road creations  ....it's  a  generic  bug  body that  lends  it's  self  to  be  used  as   a  number  of  insects  including  grasshoppers  and  crickets!  here  is  how  i  tie  a  simple  yet  very  effective  hopper

first  the  materials  2  mm  foam(craft  store)  i  am  using  a  tan  and  brown  but  you  can use  what  ever you  wish,next   flashaboo,deer  hair  (or  elk)  and  rubber  leg  material  size  6  to  12  long  shank  hooks and  head  cement   

next  simple  use  your  cutter  and  cut  out  a  bunch  of  bodys  ( if  you  don't  have  a   cutter  you  can  cut  them  with  sissors)  i  usually  cut  a  doz  at  a  time  when  i'm tying  ....with  the  cutter  it's  quick  easy  and  they  come  out  perfect

next  step  attach  body  to hook  shank  and  ty  on  near  adomen  add  darker   body on top!  next  ty  off  and  again  start   just  behind  head! 

now  add  your  ruber  legs  and  set  them  evenly  and   adjust   so  they   lay in  water  evenly

now   use  a  small  amount  of  flashaboo  as a  under  wing  and  then   the  der  hair  as a  wing   i  then  add a  small  piece  of  white  foan  so i  can  see  the  fly  easyly  whip  finish  and  glue!
this  is  honestly  one  of  my  favorite  flys   for  trout bass  and  panfish  it  is  very  effective   fun  and  easy  to  tie

TRAPP

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.