FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561987 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #1485 on: Jun 12, 2011, 04:26 PM »
Took a float on the "Loony Toon" today. I had lots of fun. The water was up and pretty stained. Lost all 3 of my conehead wooly buggers too unknown assailants. Damned thieves!

But...the Clouser worked.

A very nice float.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #1486 on: Jun 12, 2011, 06:16 PM »
Nice pictures RG!

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1487 on: Jun 12, 2011, 07:40 PM »
great pics RG  ;D ;D ;D

SKUNK-MASTER

« Reply #1488 on: Jun 13, 2011, 11:26 AM »
looney toon????????            great pics

pb brown 27"             pb walleye 23"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1489 on: Jun 13, 2011, 05:47 PM »
My nickname for my "Toon"

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1490 on: Jun 13, 2011, 08:34 PM »
nice   RG 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1491 on: Jun 13, 2011, 08:46 PM »
Nice pictures RG...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1492 on: Jun 13, 2011, 09:55 PM »
Good stuff RG! I have a really nice "sit on top" kayak but those toons look much nicer to fish out of. I fished sunday down the WB of the Delly with a buddy and he picked up a pontoon at a really good price down there.
The fishing was tough! Not many bugs. We managed a few fish though...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1493 on: Jun 14, 2011, 12:37 AM »
Some great pics of good looking waters you fish on RG. We are gonna hook up before the fat lady sings.....I feel fishing isn't the only common ground shared.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #1494 on: Jun 14, 2011, 12:46 AM »
Some great pics of good looking waters you fish on RG. We are gonna hook up before the fat lady sings.....I feel fishing isn't the only common ground shared.
You don't drink Heineken and sneak around in tall lighted signs acting like a buzzard seeking a dead opposum  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1495 on: Jun 14, 2011, 12:58 AM »
You don't drink Heineken and sneak around in tall lighted signs acting like a buzzard seeking a dead opposum  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

But I can respect someone that has a palate for quality beer......and also shares similar "techie" interests. ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1496 on: Jun 14, 2011, 01:46 AM »
Fly fishing is way more technical than changing lightbulbs...well, at least we can make it that way.

I chose the toon because I got a great deal on it from an old sockless hippie, and I had been looking at them for years. I tried a yak and might still get one for longer paddles on still water. A yak is more mobile for sure, but would be a pain in the neck to get in and out of negotiating the shallow areas. I like that I can just step off the toon. I also like the higher platform and the swivel seat. I can stand with my feet on the frame and it's very stable. I've seen others who have made standing platforms for theirs, but I'm hesitant to add weight.

The anchor system sucks. That's gonna change and I'm fabricating a wheel for transporting it to the water. Other than that, the darn thine is a lot of fun. I floated for 6 hours on a stream through town, 1/4 mile from my house...caught fish and never saw a person till I got to the park at the take out. I saw 3 mink, 1 snapping turtle, 4 deer, a fox, a grey owl and an osprey.

Pure fun!
RG

Gamma Fish

« Reply #1497 on: Jun 14, 2011, 09:18 AM »
Fly fishing is way more technical than changing lightbulbs...well, at least we can make it that way.

I chose the toon because I got a great deal on it from an old sockless hippie, and I had been looking at them for years. I tried a yak and might still get one for longer paddles on still water. A yak is more mobile for sure, but would be a pain in the neck to get in and out of negotiating the shallow areas. I like that I can just step off the toon. I also like the higher platform and the swivel seat. I can stand with my feet on the frame and it's very stable. I've seen others who have made standing platforms for theirs, but I'm hesitant to add weight.

The anchor system sucks. That's gonna change and I'm fabricating a wheel for transporting it to the water. Other than that, the darn thine is a lot of fun. I floated for 6 hours on a stream through town, 1/4 mile from my house...caught fish and never saw a person till I got to the park at the take out. I saw 3 mink, 1 snapping turtle, 4 deer, a fox, a grey owl and an osprey.

Pure fun!
RG

Those mini pontoons look like fun all around !     Unfortunately, they don't make them for us "Plus" size" fishermen  :-\ ;D
  The other day, I was looking at one of those 2 seater pedal boats that the Yuppies can be seen in/on along the shorelines of any lake in the symmer.   I got to thinking how one could be converted into a fishing pontoon for Big Men !
  We could get our daily cardiovascular excercise while we fish.....and still have room for a big cooler full of food and refreshments  ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1498 on: Jun 14, 2011, 09:30 AM »

you dont need a big cooler for fireball ... but the food :o :o ;)

Gamma Fish

« Reply #1499 on: Jun 14, 2011, 09:46 AM »

you dont need a big cooler for fireball ... but the food :o :o ;)
I have a BIG tank ! ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.