FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560941 times)

OTIS

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #1530 on: Jun 17, 2011, 11:59 AM »
Quote from: Otis
DC, was that 7' 6" rod a one piece?

Thanks!

I don't remember but I think it might have been...

I couldn't take it and called them up.  It is a one piece.  I can get three of these for the price of the St. Croix I was thinking of getting.  I may have to take a ride and get myself a fathers day present.

Thanks DC!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1531 on: Jun 17, 2011, 04:58 PM »
Thank you sir.
Any time buddy......I'm here for ya ;D

I've been averaging a couple of nice walleye each trip out. I'm sure that will slow with the rising water temps. I tied up a bunch of wooly buggers to toss

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1532 on: Jun 17, 2011, 09:21 PM »
I don't remember but I think it might have been...

I couldn't take it and called them up.  It is a one piece.  I can get three of these for the price of the St. Croix I was thinking of getting.  I may have to take a ride and get myself a fathers day present.

Thanks DC!

Im not gonna call it a St Croix, but it was a prety nice rod for 30 bones. Let me know iffin yu head south...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1533 on: Jun 29, 2011, 04:30 PM »
Well???????? ???
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

OTIS

« Reply #1534 on: Jun 30, 2011, 07:14 AM »
I ended up getting one of the rods and its really nice.  A great rod for $30!  They also have a decent assortment of tying materials, sooooo I had to pick up some of that while I was there too.  ;D
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1535 on: Jul 04, 2011, 04:57 PM »
first  thanks  to those  that  knew  about  my   family   emercancy  and    the   kind  words  and  offers  to those  that  didn't know   i  know   in my heart  you  were  all  just a  phomne  call away  ...ty 

now  i might  be  stuck  for  a  few  days   close  to  home  but i  will  be  out  on  the  water  tossing   feathers  and   foam , i  plan on  being  in  the  kayak   at  first light   and    meeting  up  with  mr  gaint  gill   ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #1536 on: Jul 05, 2011, 07:19 AM »
Go Gettum Trap!! Prayers go out to your wife for a speedy recovery!! ;)--KP :)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

« Reply #1537 on: Jul 05, 2011, 12:49 PM »
she's  doing  good  kp  and  thank you!!!!

i  pressure  washed   my  kayak  and been on the  fly bench  for awhile  today  ,i'm waiting  for reinforcements  to show  up here then i'm hitting  the  lake  with a  box  of  flies   ;D i got a  feeling  i'll  have  something  making  the  rod bend 

trapper2000

« Reply #1538 on: Jul 07, 2011, 11:35 AM »
another  fun  morning   few  small gills  one   bass   then i  seen my  prey  ...close  to  the  shore  ....he  was  skillfully    eating  off the  surface  ....  i  carefully  tossed  a  rubber  spider over  and   slowly  worked  it  exactly  where  he  was  working  ....suddenly   i  seen  the  lips moving  and  the   fly  disappear  !!!!  a  slow  hook set  and   IT  WAS  ON!!!!!  he  acted  like   a  volkswagon  pulling  me  around  it  was  a  long  battle   but    after  awhile  is  golden   body  was   next  to  the  kayak   exhusted   , a  quick  release   and   i  sat  back to  finish my  coffee  and  got to thinking .  few  years  ago   i  considered  this  fish  a  waste  ,now i  see it  as  a  sports  fish  ....RG  thanks   ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1539 on: Jul 07, 2011, 12:00 PM »
We help each other...life is good!

RG

trapper2000

« Reply #1540 on: Jul 08, 2011, 06:02 AM »
headed  to the lake  get  some  sun and  sunfish   ;D........life  is good

trapper2000

« Reply #1541 on: Jul 20, 2011, 02:03 PM »
working  on  the  kayak  i     rolled  it   and   had  to  do  a  wet  exit    ...no  biggy     no  problem   getting  back  in    the  problem  was   bulging  it  out   with  my  hand  pump  ...what  a    pain  in  the    buttock  ....anyways   i seen   electric  bulge  pumps  in  yaks    and   i'm   starting  the  project  i  will  get  pictures  and  post  as  i  do  it

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1542 on: Jul 20, 2011, 02:08 PM »
Trap...what are you doing rolling your yak? You're too old for that stuff. :nono:

Did "Ole Liver Lips" take you for a sleigh ride?

RG

trapper2000

« Reply #1543 on: Jul 20, 2011, 02:25 PM »
no  i  hit  a  wave  and  was   farting  around  lol   most   times  i  can    eskomo  roll  it   right  back   but  i  fell  out   :D  anyways   all  good     but  i  am  hooking  up  a electric  bulge   pump

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1544 on: Jul 20, 2011, 03:37 PM »
You need a battery? I just may know where there's a 17ah, 12v battery or 2 ;D They're about 4"deep x 9"wide by 10" tall. You can charge them with a 1.5v smart charger. Plenty to run a small bilge pump.

RG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.