FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561533 times)

wiredstone

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #1755 on: May 13, 2012, 06:57 AM »
I learned on an old 6wt. Then got my T3 4WT. Once you learn on a cheap setup you will really appreciate a high end setup when you are ready. I also noticed if you used a 5wt with a 6wt line, it is easier to learn . For those with learning disabilities. ::) ;D
wooo fish on. Never mind

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1756 on: May 13, 2012, 03:43 PM »
Well, I've been fighting a virus since last Thursday and today I finally got a break. I thought it was gone and felt pretty good Friday afternoon, but it came back with a vengeance yesterday. Had me down for the count.

But, I managed to get on my back yard stream for a couple of hours this afternoon. Tricked a couple smallies and a gill or two with the 3wt and some of my beady eyed dace.

They can't stand it...they gotta eat 'em  ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #1757 on: May 13, 2012, 05:39 PM »
RG....Those are beautiful!!!!  What size hook on those babies?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1758 on: May 14, 2012, 02:37 AM »
10's I believe. I should have taken the crayfish yesterday. The water was plenty warm enough.

I tie these little guys for the stream.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

joshjj2010

« Reply #1759 on: May 20, 2012, 03:56 AM »
Well i was out yesterday and decided to use some of my pike flys i had tied this winter and i noticed that it is a lot harder casting them compired to my trout fly. Ik theres a huge size differance but is there anything i can do thatll make it easyier. Im usein a 5/6rod  with 5 weight line thats doubble tappered. Any sugestions?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1760 on: May 20, 2012, 03:28 PM »
Put a WF7F on that 6wt and beef up your leader.

RG

wiredstone

« Reply #1761 on: May 20, 2012, 04:58 PM »
Took this pic the other night. Pretty cool
wooo fish on. Never mind

KingPerch

« Reply #1762 on: May 20, 2012, 05:40 PM »
Put a WF7F on that 6wt and beef up your leader.

RG
  X2....Beat me to it Bob!!  ;)--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

joshjj2010

« Reply #1763 on: May 20, 2012, 09:53 PM »
Will do. Thanks guys

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1764 on: May 25, 2012, 05:33 PM »
Well, It's been 4 months since I finished my new 5wt rod. I've tried several reels  from my collection on it......none to my liking so far. Something was missing. I decided that the latest and greatest super disc drag reels just didn't feel, or sound, right.

So I started research on high quality click and pawl reels. My pockets aren't deep enough for an Abel (my Bride sews them up short) so I kept looking. The winner is.....

The Red Truck Diesel 5/6 by Leland.  :clapping:

Super nice classic reel from modern materials and modern machining. Can't wait to hear it sing ;D

RG

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1765 on: May 28, 2012, 09:29 PM »
well  seen  catchem in his  boat  today  and  got  to  run our  mouths  abit   after  he  left i  went  exploring a  bit and  found  some  pretty  good  gill  action used  the  spinning  rod  for  awhile  then the  wind  died  down and  i  grabbed  the  flyrod had  a  great time nothing huge  just  fun
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1766 on: May 29, 2012, 02:18 AM »
I had one of those great fly fishing weekends too Trapper. I was out morning and evening for 3 days. Used 5 different fly rods. Even took the "Boo" out for some sunshine and fresh air. Tons of gills and good numbers of smallmouth. All less than a mile from my home. I even had time to come up with a new "Hopper Popper". The fish loved it ;D

The stream was warm, the bugs were practically non-existent, and I never saw another person fishing.

RG

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1767 on: May 29, 2012, 07:45 AM »
yup  but i  wish  catchem  hadn't  left  , being our  "home"  water  i  don't  mind  his  company  plus  he's  young  he  can  run  for  coffee.....
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #1768 on: May 29, 2012, 11:45 AM »
Well, It's been 4 months since I finished my new 5wt rod. I've tried several reels  from my collection on it......none to my liking so far. Something was missing. I decided that the latest and greatest super disc drag reels just didn't feel, or sound, right.

So I started research on high quality click and pawl reels. My pockets aren't deep enough for an Abel (my Bride sews them up short) so I kept looking. The winner is.....

The Red Truck Diesel 5/6 by Leland.  :clapping:

Super nice classic reel from modern materials and modern machining. Can't wait to hear it sing ;D

RG
I know just the spot where , I bet, a few smallies can make that reel sing!!! ;)--KP 8)

KingPerch

« Reply #1769 on: May 29, 2012, 11:48 AM »
yup  but i  wish  catchem  hadn't  left  , being our  "home"  water  i  don't  mind  his  company  plus  he's  young  he  can  run  for  coffee.....
Next time you see Chief, Trap....ask him if he needs a job!!! ;D ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.