FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561416 times)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #1815 on: Jul 24, 2012, 09:56 PM »

The basic necessities are (in my opinion).............

With those tools and some basic materials you can start tying your own.

RG

I'd have to add hackle pliers to the list as well. Just sayin'.....they help keep things straight.
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #1816 on: Aug 30, 2012, 06:07 PM »
wow  i  come  back  and  no one  talking  flyfishing .........  this  is  sad  ....  i  am  sorry  for  my  extended  abseance  but   the  wife  ended  back  in the  hospital  a  few  times  ,  now   she  is  recovering  but  it's  slow  and  she  gets  frustrated  ....  nice  surprize   for  her  and  i  was  HT  stopping  over  to  check on  us  and   share  some  of  his  garden  ...thanks  my  friend  ....although  my  fishing has  been limited  i  have  tossed  some  foam and  nymphs  to  the  river  gills!   ;D  hoping  to  get  to  salmon  river after a  good  rain  .....  really  miss  you knuckleheads  this  seasons ......  ps  yellow  and  black  foam  in  any  pattern  becomes  a  killer  now   RG  as  the  yellow  jackets  start  really  coming  out
 ;D

life  really  is  good
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bcons

« Reply #1817 on: Aug 30, 2012, 06:25 PM »
Nice to see ya back!  The yellow jackets can kiss my #$%!  I never knew how someone could get "swarmed" until a couple mornings ago.  They had built a hidden nest outside a door to my house, saw a few, got stung on the eyebrow couple weeks ago,  but didn't think anything of it.  2 days ago 4am I get up & turn on the outside light, well they woke up started swarming the light.  I didn't notice until it was too late.  Apparently the warmth from the light got them fired up, i walk out & get stung at least 50 times in a few seconds.  They were all over me.  Tried to got back in, when i opened the door about a dozen came with me.  Wow that sucked & before my first cup of coffee.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

trapper2000

« Reply #1818 on: Aug 30, 2012, 08:36 PM »
hey  serious  note  bcons  be carefull  of a  delayed  reaction!  a  gentleman  died in oswego the  other day  from a single bee sting!  i personally am alergic    and carry a  epi  pen ,make sure if your allergic you have a  up  to date  one with you at all times....  bcons  hope  you feel  better

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #1819 on: Aug 30, 2012, 10:57 PM »
Nice to see ya back!  The yellow jackets can kiss my #$%!  I never knew how someone could get "swarmed" until a couple mornings ago.  They had built a hidden nest outside a door to my house, saw a few, got stung on the eyebrow couple weeks ago,  but didn't think anything of it.  2 days ago 4am I get up & turn on the outside light, well they woke up started swarming the light.  I didn't notice until it was too late.  Apparently the warmth from the light got them fired up, i walk out & get stung at least 50 times in a few seconds.  They were all over me.  Tried to got back in, when i opened the door about a dozen came with me.  Wow that sucked & before my first cup of coffee.

Pull them grubs out of there nest.....awesome bait, carefull though, they bite also.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1820 on: Aug 31, 2012, 01:39 AM »
Welcome back Trap!
The flyrods have seen some solid use this summer. Lately I've been going deep in the pools with lead eyed muddlers and clousers. The bass and rockies love them.

We wish Mrs. Trapper a speedy recovery.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

walleye1

« Reply #1821 on: Aug 31, 2012, 07:12 AM »
Pull them grubs out of there nest.....awesome bait, carefull though, they bite also.

Make sure you come down and get me when you try that. Coach, you in? I'll bring the lawn chairs.  ;D

OTIS

« Reply #1822 on: Aug 31, 2012, 01:31 PM »
Make sure you come down and get me when you try that. Coach, you in? I'll bring the lawn chairs.  ;D

I'll make the drive for that one!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

coachwarner

« Reply #1823 on: Aug 31, 2012, 02:01 PM »
Make sure you come down and get me when you try that. Coach, you in? I'll bring the lawn chairs.  ;D
Oh yea, I'll bring the video camera :laugh:
Better read this first Spanky :w00t:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

bcons

« Reply #1824 on: Aug 31, 2012, 02:10 PM »
Make sure you come down and get me when you try that. Coach, you in? I'll bring the lawn chairs.  ;D
:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:  I never seen or felt anything like it.  Itching, burning, & pain like nothing else.  Spent an hour in a cold shower & ate naproxen, motrin, & benedryl (?sp) like candy for 2 days. Still swollen bumps, some still tiny with a little stinger hole in the middle, others bigger because I had to pull out stinger parts with a knife & tweezers.  When it was going on the more I moved the worse they attacked me.
Just got out of Home Depot bought 1/2 dozen cans of killer spray, paybacks a b&*%$.  
Bait? Nah Fm can have that.  
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

trapper2000

« Reply #1825 on: Aug 31, 2012, 02:46 PM »
wow   bcons  got  beat  up  by  a  bug .......(becarefull  will  ya)  

rg  thank  you  she's  doing  ok  other  then  frustration  over  her  speech  just  going  to  take  time.....  nice  flie   by  the  way ;D....hey  lance  howdy 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1826 on: Aug 31, 2012, 02:53 PM »
Hey....I've got a setup for live streaming :w00t: C'mon Lance.....we need some entertainment.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bcons

« Reply #1827 on: Aug 31, 2012, 08:37 PM »
Hey....I've got a setup for live streaming :w00t: C'mon Lance.....we need some entertainment.

RG

I think Lance is smarter than that, if not & he wants some bait I know just the place  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
There's even  room for stadium seating, forget the lawn chairs.
Pull the little ones out of the nest? really? 
I can only imagine the results if you tried.

coachwarner

« Reply #1828 on: Aug 31, 2012, 09:28 PM »
I think Lance is smarter than that, if not & he wants some bait I know just the place  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
There's even  room for stadium seating, forget the lawn chairs.
Pull the little ones out of the nest? really? 
I can only imagine the results if you tried.

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

trapper2000

« Reply #1829 on: Sep 02, 2012, 04:09 AM »
foam bee's  don't  swarm 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.