FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560820 times)

black55

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #2100 on: Jun 17, 2013, 11:33 PM »
 8)  Trapper are you really a old hippie ? did you go to woodstock , or should i ask ,do you remember going to woodstock ? LOL Remember don't eat the brown acid !
I live in the great state of Dazed and Confused !

choo choo

« Reply #2101 on: Jun 18, 2013, 05:42 AM »
Thanks RG i saved that link ! and i now know what a clouser minnow is ! i can see why u alway have them with you !
Hi black55...clousers are a top fly anywhere...fresh water or salt water.  They sink real fast and get down to the fish's level quick...and the dumbbells look like eyes and jigging action they create in the water, drives the fish nuts! It is  basically a hair jig  .But as I see you are just getting back into fly fishing, be real careful casting one on windy days especially, until your casting gets real smooth again. I've seen several guys get a tailing loop, or a wind gust on the back cast and that clouser fly can hit your rod and nick it....then  the rod breaks when you hook a fish. My son did it once when we were chasing albacore, re-directing in mid cast, and i've done it a couple times...but they are the best fly to use somedays so it is worth it! So tie some up..but be careful casting one, especially on windy days!!
I'm fishing my way through life .

black55

« Reply #2102 on: Jun 18, 2013, 08:54 AM »
Choo your right about just getting started , i'm still working on my casting , as far as tying flies i am not sure if i will be able to ! i have the after affects of  carpal tunnel which just means my hands shake when i try to do things like write , paint jigs , and tie knots.                   PS That is why i am making and painting as many jigs as i can for me and friends!

black55

« Reply #2103 on: Jun 18, 2013, 09:27 AM »
I am lucky the streams and rivers here are  fairly open , getting snagged on rocks will be my problem ! lol when i try to swim a streamer past a rock . 

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2104 on: Jun 18, 2013, 03:08 PM »
well  i  had a  fun  morning  , i  was  out  in  my  flyfishing  super  bassmaster  pro  fishing  vessal    sitting  in  the sit  of  luxary and  comfort !!!

i  then  met  a new  friend  who appeared a  bit  scared .... after  watching  him  for awhile  he disappeared  then i  seen  4 little  ones swiming away   ;D

as  far  as what i  caught  dinner  is  bluegills   i  also  got  1  bas  17 incher  large mouth  and  a  ling  ....  sorry i  used a spinning  rod  today ....i  feel so ashamed
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #2105 on: Jun 18, 2013, 03:38 PM »
Good to see you on the water Bud!! That duckling pic was cool. However....is that green braid your using?? :rotflol: :rotflol: Life is good!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

black55

« Reply #2106 on: Jun 18, 2013, 03:57 PM »
Trap it's ok everyone slips once in a while ! LOL HEY you never answered my ? but if  you don't want to talk about your past , lol if i was 2 or 3 yrs older i would probably been there . I think i was in mich on my first out of state fishing trip , hmm maybe that was my parents plan ..

trapper2000

« Reply #2107 on: Jun 18, 2013, 03:59 PM »
Good to see you on the water Bud!! That duckling pic was cool. However....is that green braid your using?? :rotflol: :rotflol: Life is good!!--KP 8)

berkley  solar  .....  KP  that  picture  was  in  pheonix  where  we  all  went  perch  fishing  ......  was  fun  thinking  of   catfishing  tonight 

trapper2000

« Reply #2108 on: Jun 18, 2013, 04:02 PM »
i  believe  in  peace  threw  superior  firepower   and  if  ya  lift  my  pony tail  up you'd  see  my  neck  is  reder  then  most   ;D....more  a  biker  libertairian  type

black55

« Reply #2109 on: Jun 18, 2013, 04:38 PM »
Cool Trap LOL i was a long hair biker untill i got old and decrepit, still got the bike .probably never get rid of it . It's a 84 FL custom .

trapper2000

« Reply #2110 on: Jun 18, 2013, 04:51 PM »
can i have  it  ?

:rotflol:

choo choo

« Reply #2111 on: Jun 18, 2013, 05:10 PM »
well  i  had a  fun  morning  , i  was  out  in  my  flyfishing  super  bassmaster  pro  fishing  vessal    sitting  in  the sit  of  luxary and  comfort !!!

i  then  met  a new  friend  who appeared a  bit  scared .... after  watching  him  for awhile  he disappeared  then i  seen  4 little  ones swiming away   ;D

as  far  as what i  caught  dinner  is  bluegills   i  also  got  1  bas  17 incher  large mouth  and  a  ling  ....  sorry i  used a spinning  rod  today ....i  feel so ashamed
I love that kayak rig trap...i've wanted to get one for quite awhile, but never have.......maybe someday soon. They look like fun..but not around motor boat areas !!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2112 on: Jun 18, 2013, 05:14 PM »
Holy cow Trapper....did you buy an actual camera?

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

choo choo

« Reply #2113 on: Jun 18, 2013, 05:29 PM »
Choo your right about just getting started , i'm still working on my casting , as far as tying flies i am not sure if i will be able to ! i have the after affects of  carpal tunnel which just means my hands shake when i try to do things like write , paint jigs , and tie knots.                   PS That is why i am making and painting as many jigs as i can for me and friends!
Sorry about the carpal tunnel black...I had a buddy who's hands shook and he had trouble tying hooks and fly's on his leaders streamside, in any weather. So i convinced him to pre-tie some flies on a short looped end tippet at home, and pin them on a small  piece of foam pipe insulation. The end of his leader had a loop too. So if he lost a fly ,or wanted to change a fly streamside,he would just have to snip off the  old or unwanted tippet, and unfurl a new pre tied fly from the foam, and loop the two together. No Knots to tie on the stream at all...simple to do ..even in the wind. I do it for cold weather steel head fishing when my hands are cold,or in low light,(my eyes are getting bad) I have pre tied tippets and flies and now tippets and  pinned beads and hook... all pre tied and ready to go and can make a change in just a few seconds...even in the cold and wind!! Give it a try.

black55

« Reply #2114 on: Jun 18, 2013, 08:02 PM »
can i have  it  ?

:rotflol:
  LOL I would bet that you would have to fight my nephew over it ! i told him that i was going to be buried with it ! !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.