FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 562180 times)

black55

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #2235 on: Aug 26, 2013, 12:22 AM »
Dang trap did u cut your hair ? Your red neck is showing . LOL I agree with RG great post.
I live in the great state of Dazed and Confused !

WaynefromMaine

• Life is Great
« Reply #2236 on: Aug 27, 2013, 07:55 AM »
   That's a very nice family pic DC,   You should be very proud..    :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :flag:

wiredstone

« Reply #2237 on: Aug 27, 2013, 05:08 PM »
Great pics DC
wooo fish on. Never mind

filetandrelease

« Reply #2238 on: Aug 27, 2013, 06:18 PM »

super pics Jay  :thumbup_smilie:

black55

« Reply #2239 on: Aug 30, 2013, 01:15 AM »
Have a ? About hook sizes, is the hook (size 10 fly) the same as a size 10 jig hook?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2240 on: Aug 30, 2013, 02:10 AM »
Over the years I've come to the conclusion that there's no standard for hook sizes. A #10 can vary all over the place. Unless I can get my hands on one to actually look at it, it's a crap shoot.

I have my favorites that I buy online and that's what I use. Go to a fly shop somewhere and pick out what you like.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #2241 on: Aug 30, 2013, 05:20 AM »
keep posting info guys! im learning a ton from this thread! I like that clouser fly and I also like that foam creature bait you made rg.

black55

« Reply #2242 on: Aug 30, 2013, 08:33 PM »
Another ? I have , is there any way to regulate the depth a wet fly ? I'm fishing a stream that is 1/2 to 3 ft deep with floating wt forward line. Snagging up is my problem, i can get my fly but i'm scaring fish and wasting good water retrieving them.

Dark Cloud

« Reply #2243 on: Aug 30, 2013, 08:55 PM »
Another ? I have , is there any way to regulate the depth a wet fly ? I'm fishing a stream that is 1/2 to 3 ft deep with floating wt forward line. Snagging up is my problem, i can get my fly but i'm scaring fish and wasting good water retrieving them.

I swing alot of wets and emergers and you can definatly regulate the depth. I tie some patterns with a heavier wet fly hook and a tiny bit of lead or a bead added. I also tie some on a lightweight dry fly hook when I dont want them to sink much. And some wet emergers I add a cdc wing to keep it in the surface film or close - this has accounted for alot of fish!  ;D Some flotant on em works also...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

black55

« Reply #2244 on: Aug 30, 2013, 09:14 PM »
That is what i want flys that that stays in the upper half of the water depth. I will try the floatent trick and see if that helps. I don't or can't get pic's so i have to ask dc how's the twins?

Dark Cloud

« Reply #2245 on: Aug 30, 2013, 09:39 PM »
That is what i want flys that that stays in the upper half of the water depth. I will try the floatent trick and see if that helps. I don't or can't get pic's so i have to ask dc how's the twins?

Doing well, busy busy!
14 months old, we have had our fair share of ear and sinus infections, ect... Leah is getting tubes in her ears next week. They are running and learning new stuff each day. Thier favorite words are dad or da-da and bucks. If you ask them where the bucks are they point to one of the mounts, if outside they point out back. Tired is at a whole new level as both the wife and I work full time+... but we are blessed and lovin it!

black55

« Reply #2246 on: Aug 30, 2013, 11:04 PM »
Cool dc try to get some rest, lol all to soon u will wonder where the baby yrs went![:-]

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2247 on: Sep 01, 2013, 05:59 AM »
RG   your  leader  has  offically  passed  the  rubber nose trout test!  i  will  be  tossing  some  glow  bugs  at  owsego river  rockets  this week .....  so  far  i love  them   ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #2248 on: Sep 01, 2013, 08:01 AM »
Jay...you'll come to the conlusion that, in fact, you and Mrs. DC will get all the sleep you need when you pass away!!! LOL!! ;D Kids are a blast!! Have fun and enjoy every minute of it!!! ;) LIFE IS GOOD!!--KP 8)

Black55...those frogs are alot of fun if fished properly.... ;) Have fun!!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Dark Cloud

« Reply #2249 on: Sep 01, 2013, 09:08 AM »
Jay...you'll come to the conlusion that, in fact, you and Mrs. DC will get all the sleep you need when you pass away!!! LOL!! ;D Kids are a blast!! Have fun and enjoy every minute of it!!! ;) LIFE IS GOOD!!--KP 8)

The other day the wife was talking about being too tired to do something... My reply was, "we are gonne be tired the rest of our lifes"  ;D
My last nap was opening day of walleye season. Dad and I pounded eyes all morning them went to the cabin, I crashed for 2 hours!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.