FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 562169 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #2370 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:47 PM »
i'm  ready  kp  in  fact  i  can't  wait  i think  we  need  a  trip  for  mr  bluegill  and  mr  crappie  once  the  ice  leaves
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2371 on: Mar 29, 2014, 02:26 AM »
Busy working and building rods. I'm refurbishing a Phillipson Master for me (like I need another fly rod) and building an ultra light for a friend. I may go chase some gills this morning at a little flow on the canal. It's all water now and I need to toss a bobber/float around.

Time to put the Commando in the basement and hang the Toon in the garage  ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

shark

« Reply #2372 on: Mar 29, 2014, 04:08 AM »
   "toss a" bobber/float" around"

:thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:   Politically correct. ;D ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2373 on: Mar 29, 2014, 01:41 PM »
I try Mark ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

shark

« Reply #2374 on: Mar 29, 2014, 05:23 PM »
   Hey Bob ,  I'm gonna dust my rod building stuff and put together a Fly Rod,  Something for pan fish. Probably a 4 or 5 wt. 2 piece. Going to be used mainly in the boat.

I see you talk about Mudhole . I ordered some catalogs from various suppliers, What's a good blank, without taking a bank loan. I used to get Fenwick blanks from Cabelas. I don't even they sell blanks anymore.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2375 on: Mar 29, 2014, 06:44 PM »
I don't buy from Mudhole any more. Last order I placed with them carried a 22% S&H charge. Almost $12 for stuff that fit in a small priority mail envelope for $4.Not to mention that I wasn't real happy with the last MHX blank I purchased from them. Cheap Chinese junk if you ask me. If I was building a rod for me, I'd get a Temple Fork Outfitters Finesse rod. I have one in 3wt and it's a peach of a rod. J. Stockard has kits that are affordable with excellent components.

TFO Finesse
They're 4 pc, but don't let that dissuade you. Easier to carry. ;D
You would not be disappointed.
Let me know if you need anything else.

Bob

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2376 on: Mar 31, 2014, 04:49 AM »
i need  fish rising!!!!!  i see shore line  around a  few places  ...the river will be  unfishable  today ......  hell  i  might even consider bullhead fishing  soon ......i  can't  complain i had  a  great  ice season  it's  the  inbetween time that i hate
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Dark Cloud

« Reply #2377 on: Mar 31, 2014, 09:54 AM »
Surprised to hear that RG. I have had great luck with the MHX blanks I have used. Shipping does stink though...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2378 on: Mar 31, 2014, 06:44 PM »
I won't build a rod blank with a whale in it.

Here's a Phillipson Master I just finished restoring for myself;

What it was;

What it is now;

Cleaned up  nice. Should be a good small stream bass/panfish rod. Long, slow action. I've got a reel and a 6wt Cortland Sylk DT to put on it. Cant wait. Love the old glass.

RG

Dark Cloud

« Reply #2379 on: Apr 01, 2014, 03:07 PM »
Nice job RG!
Was super nice to bust out the fly rods today. Dad and I hit a few creeks and played with a half dozen browns. Most water was just a tad too murky but we found some fishable water...
This tiny creek is usually good for some holdovers in the 10-14inch range. First one I got today was 19!  ;D

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #2380 on: Apr 01, 2014, 05:00 PM »
nice job jay. we got alot of snow up here still and the creeks are like chocolate milk. had to work anyway  ::) ::)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2381 on: Apr 01, 2014, 05:14 PM »
Thanks Jay. Always fun to bring some life back to an old stick.

I'll be up your way tomorrow HT. Need to start the guys on a job in Carthage. I traveled to New Hartford and back yesterday. All the water looked high and muddy. No matter to me anyway. I don't really start in streams till May anyway. They're still getting a good flushing right now.

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #2382 on: Apr 01, 2014, 05:18 PM »
i need  fish rising!!!!!  i see shore line  around a  few places  ...the river will be  unfishable  today ......  hell  i  might even consider bullhead fishing  soon ......i  can't  complain i had  a  great  ice season  it's  the  inbetween time that i hate
Stock up on bobbers Trap!! ;D Think I'll be dusting the flyrod off this weekend, get some flies tied and, get the rest of the gear ready!! Jay gave Jr, some bead jigs and, a secret weapon that we need to start tying up for panfish on the fly!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Dark Cloud

« Reply #2383 on: Apr 01, 2014, 05:20 PM »
nice job jay. we got alot of snow up here still and the creeks are like chocolate milk. had to work anyway  ::) ::)

We found an area  north and west of here where the small creeks weren't that bad...  ;D

Stock up on bobbers Trap!! ;D Think I'll be dusting the flyrod off this weekend, get some flies tied and, get the rest of the gear ready!! Jay gave Jr, some bead jigs and, a secret weapon that we need to start tying up for panfish on the fly!!--KP 8)

Enjoy!  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2384 on: Apr 01, 2014, 06:08 PM »
Hmmmmmm! Secret weapon?

RG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.