FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561817 times)

Dark Cloud

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #2385 on: Apr 01, 2014, 06:09 PM »
Hmmmmmm! Secret weapon?

RG

Its all foggy but I believe you have some of the original prototypes...  ;D
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2386 on: Apr 01, 2014, 06:19 PM »
Little tungsten headed things?

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Dark Cloud

« Reply #2387 on: Apr 01, 2014, 06:29 PM »
Yep, and some tungsten caddis creations...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2388 on: Apr 01, 2014, 06:43 PM »
Cool...now I don't feel left out  ;D
It's a good pattern.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #2389 on: Apr 01, 2014, 08:20 PM »
Cool...now I don't feel left out  ;D
It's a good pattern.
Rg
;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2390 on: Apr 03, 2014, 03:34 AM »
KP,
I was up your way yesterday. Started the guys on a job in Carthage. There's a lot of snow left up there. I'll be wading in shorts and sandals before you guys are thawed out :-\

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #2391 on: Apr 03, 2014, 06:25 AM »
The snow is melting slowly here Bob. That's a good thing, keeps the streams and river from blowing out. I'm constantly thinking about SNAGGER and the people near the Salmon River when Tug Hill starts to melt.  :-\ We'll keep our fingers crossed!  ;) Let me know the next time your close to my hometown....We'll do lunch!!--KP 8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2392 on: Apr 03, 2014, 06:15 PM »
I have to go back up tomorrow, but it's gonna be a whirlwind tour. Plug in the computer, commission the system and beat feet back to base. The owner really hates paying me overtime ;D

Personally, I think it's good for his circulation and it really helps support my toy collection.

Bob

KingPerch

« Reply #2393 on: Apr 03, 2014, 06:52 PM »
I have to go back up tomorrow, but it's gonna be a whirlwind tour. Plug in the computer, commission the system and beat feet back to base. The owner really hates paying me overtime ;D

Personally, I think it's good for his circulation and it really helps support my toy collection.

Bob
;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2394 on: Apr 05, 2014, 03:24 PM »
Thought you guys might like to see my Laser Alignment Invention for my rod lathe. I've been tinkering around with this idea for quite some time. The first prototype was less than satisfactory. The new setup is quite acceptable  ;D

I bought a Kobalt Laser Level from Lowes for $35. It shoots a flat line beam and has a magnetic base. Mounted a steel plate platform with adjustments and ......Voila'.

Now I can line up guides flawlessly without removing the rod from the lathe.

RG

kc

« Reply #2395 on: Apr 05, 2014, 04:53 PM »
nice idea. at first was wondering why you needed a laser level for rod building. after reading the last line I understand now.
kc

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2396 on: Apr 05, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Yeah KC, I stink at lining guides up by eye. When I worked as a gunsmith apprentice, I couldn't get a scope on square either. Always had to use the bore sight to get it close.  :-\

Must be my astigmatism :-\

RG

Bartman44

« Reply #2397 on: Apr 05, 2014, 07:03 PM »
RG,

I have no doubt you also have a  flux capacitor in your shop. You do it all.

I have an old Fenwick glass rod from my youth that needs new guides that I'd love to have it  back in action. I'll look you up next winter for an additional project.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2398 on: Apr 06, 2014, 02:25 AM »
I'm working on that Flux Capacitor Bart.

I figure that 1.21 Jigawatts will turn my rod wrapper at 22,000,000 rpm cutting my wrapping time down from a couple hours to 12 nano seconds. It may have an application for the drying box as well. My biggest concern is the rod blank will vaporize at that speed. Trim wraps may be a problem as well :-\

That would be a fun restoration Bart. I have an FF856 Ferrulite that I found a couple of years ago in mint condition. By far one of my all time favorite sticks. That model was my first fly rod. I totally wore it out. I'm still searching for a 6' ultralight ferrulite spinning rod . My first build was on that blank. The tip flew off into Sodus bay many years ago never to be found. Broke my heart. I fished that rod for more hours than I can count. Like losing an old friend.

RG

Dark Cloud

« Reply #2399 on: Apr 06, 2014, 08:05 PM »
Dad and I got out yesterday morning for a little. Creeks are still up and murky but fishable. Picked up two each then headed home...

Cold and crappy yesterday... Nice today = playing outside  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.