FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560531 times)

perch-hound

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #2535 on: Jun 05, 2014, 11:12 AM »
RG, that is one heck of a fly reel collection. The wondereel I have is a fly reel, anti-reverse, and a tank.
I used to use it for salmon, but have since retired it. It now sits in my fishing/hunting hutch.
I'll try and grab a pic and post it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2536 on: Jun 05, 2014, 04:36 PM »
That's just some of them I keep out on my shelves in the living room. I actually use a lot of them from time to time. I've stopped collecting now. Enough is enough......sometimes ;D

Love to see some pics of the Wonder reel.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #2537 on: Jun 05, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Yes RG... you are a reel collecting MONSTER!! I don't have a  Shakespeare Wondereel casting reel, but I have a J.C. Higgins "400" that I'll bet was built by Shakespeare. I do have a "Shakespeare Silent" Tru-Art Automatic (green) fly reel in my collection that's been around for awhile, probably from the 50's.

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2538 on: Jun 05, 2014, 08:58 PM »
you  guys  got  all  the  cool  stuff  .... i  got  this  old  hardy   :'(

took a trip to all seasons  today  just picking up a  few things  .....i love  that  shop  for  fly tying
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2539 on: Jun 06, 2014, 02:02 AM »
I collected South Bend reels for quite a while. I have one automatic. I should put it on that Phillipson rod. That would be a good match. Thanks for reminding me.

Just more stuff to dust Trapper :-\

RG

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #2540 on: Jun 06, 2014, 11:47 AM »
no  need  to dust  whats  in your  hand  ;D

cool  morning  but  did  some  nice  gills   mostly  on a  bead  head  pheasant tail  but then i  seen   a  slurp  or  two  so i  switched  to a  stimulator  and  had  some  fun ......life  is  good  when a  simple  sunfish  can  bring  joy to your  life

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #2541 on: Jun 06, 2014, 03:54 PM »
Just a heads up for all of you out there in "old f--t land"...

As I stated in an earlier post, I recently ordered a TFO 9' 6wt Signature II rod through Cabela's. I received the rod yesterday and it's a very nice rod for the $$ I spent. But because I wanted a little more info on it than was provided in the Cabela's Fly Fishing catalog, I went to TFO's site and read their write up on it. The TFO site specifically states that "Each rod comes in a beautiful dark green logoed rod sock". The site also has the on-line registration page available for all of their rods. Check it out...

http://www.tforods.com/fly-fishing/rods/signature.html#.U5Ib31JOXIU

Cabela's makes no mention of the rod sock in their product description, nor do they make mention that the rod's are lifetime warranted by TFO. Yet they both sell the rod for the same price (my bad... Cabela's is $.05 cheaper). I naturally assumed that the sock came with the rod as TFO states but when I got it, there was no sock or warranty registration info. I went on TFO's site and registered the rod on-line and then called their 800# and spoke with a representative. She said she would be happy to provide me with a rod sock free of charge and took my information. I then called Cabela's and asked why I did not receive a rod sock with my rod and the Customer Service rep. told me, "Well, that's a special price on those so they don't come with the rod sock." I told her that was BS and that TFO sells the rod at the same price and provides the sock with the rod AND that the rod is lifetime warranted which Cabela's makes no mention of in their product description. I then got the "Sorry, I don't know what to tell you, blah, blah" and if there's nothing else I can help you with then have a nice day. I'm not attempting to turn this into an anti- Cabela's rant, I purchase from them frequently. Just trying to give you all a heads up.

So if anyone out their is considering purchasing a TFO rod, you may want to buy it directly from them and not Cabela's.

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

KingPerch

« Reply #2542 on: Jun 06, 2014, 08:21 PM »
Just some info for you Old F--ts...Rob, at Bartell Road Tackle Shop, is now a TFO dealer. I know He doesn't have flyrods in stock, but, He may be able to order flyrods for you.  ;) Thought I'd pass it along.--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2543 on: Jun 07, 2014, 04:24 AM »
I have a couple of TFO rods. A 3wt Finesse and a 5wt Axiom. Really nice rods! I bought my blanks from J.Stockard.

The 3wt is one of my favorite rods for stream fishing. The Axiom is a monster for river fishing. I've been fishing them both for several years now and would recommend them to anyone as a very high quality, affordable fly rod.

RG

trapper2000

« Reply #2544 on: Jun 07, 2014, 04:07 PM »
nice heads up wanna!  KP nice  thing to know!  i think they need to have  jr  head up a fly fishing dept.  ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2545 on: Jun 08, 2014, 03:18 PM »

On the Clouser Minnow ;D ;D

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #2546 on: Jun 09, 2014, 06:18 PM »
nice heads up wanna!  KP nice  thing to know! i think they need to have  jr  head up a fly fishing dept.  ;D
In due time....The young man has learned alot from Rob over the past year!! ;) He loves working there!! ;D

Nice smallie Bob!!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2547 on: Jun 09, 2014, 07:10 PM »

On the Clouser Minnow ;D ;D

RG
Can't tell me that wasn't fun!  Nice smallie.
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

trapper2000

« Reply #2548 on: Jun 09, 2014, 08:03 PM »
told  ya  fish were on  clousers 

if  you  ty a  basic  clouser  in brown  fish it in short  jabs  smallies  pound  it  ,i imagine  thinking it's a  crab

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #2549 on: Jun 10, 2014, 04:08 PM »
A great day on the water today.  Calm conditions and the gills were going nuts for the GurglePop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.