FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 562192 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #2655 on: Jul 24, 2014, 06:36 AM »
my point is  ,we by nature  are  all targets  we have  gun  cabnets   boats  four wheelers all around  us ...we  show up like a  sore  thumb and  pawn  shops  don't care  where the  stuff comes  from ...take a  minute  to  secure  your stuff ,check your insurance  policy  and  do the  best you can.i did  but 3 motion lights up and a  alarm .... i wouldn't shoot someone for a fishing pole  or a ice auger  RG  but i i wouldn't run outside in the dark to confront  people tring to break into my shed either (thats  why  police  carry  firearms) ..... and it sounds like you do too ...

on the bluegill  front i took the 92 degree day off and  spent time at the bench under  ac   yesterday  after the cold front i was at the marina and  caught about a doz  decent gills mixed with some small not my best day but  not my worse  either ....  i noticed the water temps took a big jump here the gills were warm when i pulled them out ,they seemed healthy and   no problems swimming away ....
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #2656 on: Jul 24, 2014, 07:51 AM »
trapper,

Maybe you and Rg have a policemen in your pocket, I don't.  >:(

Any of you adventurous sorts ever try to take down a Bowfin on your fly rod? Now that would be a hoot! Those prehistoric beasts are VERY powerful fish.  ;D

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2657 on: Jul 24, 2014, 03:42 PM »
Spent some time at the bench myself Trapper.

Tied up some coachmen and indicator coachman. the gills have been inhaling these.

Did a few crappie jigs too.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2658 on: Jul 25, 2014, 03:21 AM »
Simply beautiful work!

trapper2000

« Reply #2659 on: Jul 25, 2014, 08:40 AM »
LANCE good  to see  you  man!!!!!  ....rg  coachman  work  great  i like  the  white  wing i  can  see  it  better  but not  sure  if it  matters  to  the  fish  any caddis  imitation  is a  good  bet too  (stimulators are a  good  choice) the  great  thing  about  gills  is  they  respond  to  anything  from a  popper  to a  catskill style  dry  fly  thats  not to  say  you  don't have  to play  around  and  figure  out  what they  want  most that  day  .....  augest is  almost  here  and  soon  terrestrals  will  really  kick in  so a  good  time  to  tie  some  up

walleye1

« Reply #2660 on: Jul 25, 2014, 09:17 AM »
Yeah well I believe I'll do my civic duty and help old Andy keep me safe. Actually we're fortunate enough to have an excellent village police force. They do a terrific job of deterring malfeasance. One of the benefits of small town living.   

Anyhoo.....I decided to hit the canal verrrrry early this morning. I was on the water at 3:15 am. I thought the walleye and crappie might just be more active than during the heat of the day. I was right. I only managed 1 keeper walleye and 15 crappies, but it was a ball. Fish we're chasing bait all over the place. It was tough to compete. I may just try it again tomorrow.

Rg

You know what they say. When seconds count the cops are only minutes away.  ;)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2661 on: Jul 25, 2014, 10:20 AM »
Indicator Coachmen...  Brilliant!!  I never thought of that.....  :-[
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2662 on: Jul 25, 2014, 12:53 PM »
Lance,
You're alive ;D
Don't know how beautiful they are but they'll fish.

Yup trapper, it's Hopper Time!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2663 on: Jul 25, 2014, 04:24 PM »
Simply beautiful work!

X2.. 
And welcome back FM..  ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

trapper2000

« Reply #2664 on: Jul 27, 2014, 01:56 PM »
well well well i  did  a  limit of  nice  gills  and   two  wittle  smallies   no  fall  fish !   ate  lunch  going to  head a  bit  northward  and  hamer  another  100  ;D................we  be  eattin  fish  tonight :thumbup_smilie:

trapper2000

« Reply #2665 on: Aug 24, 2014, 11:23 AM »
with the  rain  from a  few  days  ago the  river is  high and  muddy  ...i  did a  big zero this  morning   :(  but i did see a  few  bass jump , i know  i was on top of fish  but they wanted nothing to do with me this morning

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2666 on: Aug 24, 2014, 03:54 PM »
I hit the canal this morning. Popped several good smallies with the old #6 Red Wiggler. Bonus crappie and drum. The gills liked the foam popper on the fly.

Taking my grandson to he stream tomorrow for some fun.

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #2667 on: Aug 24, 2014, 04:15 PM »
I hit the canal this morning. Popped several good smallies with the old #6 Red Wiggler. Bonus crappie and drum. The gills liked the foam popper on the fly.

Taking my grandson to he stream tomorrow for some fun.

Rg

^5  RG

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2668 on: Aug 25, 2014, 02:09 PM »
No fly rods, but we had a bunch of fun anyway.

He hasn't fished much with me. Always playing soccer. He sure had fun this morning. I'm pretty sure he's hooked ;D

We're going again tomorrow morning. I'll get him into some big smallies.

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #2669 on: Aug 26, 2014, 05:25 AM »
it just doesn't get any better then that buddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.