FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 562076 times)

KingPerch

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #2760 on: Mar 05, 2015, 08:04 PM »
Are you saying he suffers from " Bite Detection Deficiency" ?
Maybe he needs some instruction.

Rg
My "Bite detection" is just fine!  :P

Trap, I'd love to try that spot thru the ice...any idea how thick the ice is? ::)

“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2761 on: Mar 06, 2015, 03:53 PM »
I bet if you ask to do a fly casting seminar....you might get in! ;D might just need to get Colin in on that one! ;)
I'm going to one tomorrow at the local fish hatchery. Thought I might learn a few things ;D
They're doing a fly tying demo as well. I'll be interested to see how many show up. I'd love to give classes somewhere. I think I can handle the basic stuff well enough to pass some on to others.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #2762 on: Mar 07, 2015, 09:01 AM »
RG, check one of the local school's Adult Ed. programs. I learned from Carl Coleman at Churchville High back in the 70's....h2l

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2763 on: Mar 07, 2015, 09:28 AM »
I've thought about that too. I'd probably be better off at a community center. I should probably start collecting some vises off eBay. It would be nice to get ahold of a few thompson AA or similar.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2764 on: Mar 07, 2015, 02:52 PM »
kp  i'd  go  behind    black  clawson    if  the  water  doesn't  rise  but  I  wouldn't  walk out in the  canal  last  time I  did the  water  started   flowing  more  threw  the  locks  and I  seen  10  inches  become 3  real  fast  ....that water  will  start  breaking up  soon now
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #2765 on: Mar 09, 2015, 07:23 PM »
Hey Bob, how did you make out at the hatchery? There were'n't any fish in the tanks I hope! ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #2766 on: Mar 09, 2015, 07:29 PM »
kp  i'd  go  behind    black  clawson    if  the  water  doesn't  rise  but  I  wouldn't  walk out in the  canal  last  time I  did the  water  started   flowing  more  threw  the  locks  and I  seen  10  inches  become 3  real  fast  ....that water  will  start  breaking up  soon now
it can break up tomorrow!  ;D As long as we can catch a few perch and drink a coffee! ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2767 on: Mar 10, 2015, 02:36 AM »
Hey Bob, how did you make out at the hatchery? There were'n't any fish in the tanks I hope! ;D

This is gonna sound kind of conceited, but I could have taught them a thing or two about tying and casting both. It was fun just the same. Not a lot of people there.

There's always fish there. It's a great locally supported resource. The annual derby draws a lot of folks and there's always a bunch of kids. It's refreshing to see local businesses and individuals step up to keep the hatchery going.

Rg

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2768 on: Mar 10, 2015, 08:24 AM »
 :rotflol:  I helped  to  create  a  monster  lol  ......don't  you love   how  I started   writing  about  fly  fishing  bob   ;D

the  most important  thing I have  learned  about  flyfishing is   "sharing"  lot  of  people  don't  others  think  they  are  above it ....  the  best thing I noticed  here is  no one feels that  way at all!  we  share and  no  bob  your  not  conceited your  honest. but  you still  had  fun  and  enjoyed  yourself    and  allowed   others  to  be  the best they can be ...that  is  what a  old  fart is all about ......as  far as  casting ot  tying  i'm  more  advanced  then  some  while  others  are  more  advanced  then  me ...but  is  that  what  makes a  flyfisherman   "good '  or "better"   as I  look  back  at   tossing  flys  at  fish  for  50  or  so  years   I  was at my  best   with a  cheap   bamboo  rod  from a  easy bargin center  and   some 12  for a 50 cent  flies  I  got  casting   for silver  bass (white bass) ......  no  time  was I more  excited   then  seeing  them  pound a  cheap  popper  ........or  the  days  spent  at  sage  creek  chasing  the  mighty  rock bass ......fly  fishing is a  ladder  with  a lot  of  rungs ...  the  first  few  are  just  as  good  if  not  better  then  the   top .... to all  you  dads  out  there  ..... take  jr  or  missy   get  a  couple  cheap  flyrods  and    look  for  a  pond  full of  starving  gills  or a  creek  full of  rock bass  and  make  a  memory  ...it  will last  for  ever .....and   a  quick  thumps  up  to the  "ole  man"  hey  pop  i'm  still   chasing  them  and  were  still partners  .... thanks  pop   :thumbup_smilie:
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2769 on: Mar 10, 2015, 03:33 PM »
Well, if we aren't learning and maybe teaching, we aren't fly fishing Trapper.

Rg

Gump

« Reply #2770 on: Mar 10, 2015, 10:29 PM »
Cabin fever got the best of a couple fellow 'Glass'-holes, and a meeting of the minds was called together this past weekend.  We shared our new specimens, some new, some old.  Ran some lines though them and ..........watched them bend !  Few things are sexier.....   ;)

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2771 on: Mar 11, 2015, 02:03 AM »
Very nice :clapping: :clapping:

Great way to sooth the addiction.
Rg

KingPerch

« Reply #2772 on: Mar 11, 2015, 08:10 PM »
Thanks to two 'Ol Fart friends for helping me get better at tying flies and for some flyfishing wisdom....I have better taught Jr. To become a better fly fisherman! Thanks a ton Bob and Trap! ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2773 on: Mar 12, 2015, 02:21 AM »
He's a natural KP! Has that look in his eye ;D

Besides, someone's got to tie for the Old Man when his eyes start to go!

Rg

KingPerch

« Reply #2774 on: Mar 12, 2015, 05:34 AM »
The eyes have already started to go...but I'm not an 'Ol Fart just yet! ;D Life is good!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.