FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 562333 times)

rp dog

Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #2925 on: Jul 10, 2015, 06:40 PM »
Its going to be like  handing you butcher a scalpel and let him operate on himself.
Thanks guys
Rp

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2926 on: Jul 10, 2015, 06:51 PM »
I told you.....wide brimmed hat ;D

It's almost ready. I might try it tomorrow afternoon.  :w00t:

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rp dog

« Reply #2927 on: Jul 10, 2015, 06:59 PM »
I'm not worried about it. I won't have time for a while anyway.
Rp

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2928 on: Jul 10, 2015, 07:35 PM »
RJ  you  done a  lot  too  along  with  every one  else  and  that's  the  good  thing ......we  are  all passing  it  on  , sharing  and  having  a lot  of  laughs  along the  way .......life  is  good ....except  for the  bear that got  my  fish and   turkey burgers
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Gump

« Reply #2929 on: Jul 10, 2015, 10:24 PM »
Yep the first thread That I go to on this forum.  Good stuff gents....

I must be getting older....these fish have become fun again...a great adversary on a #2/3 glass rod.

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #2930 on: Jul 10, 2015, 10:42 PM »
I have  to  share  this .....means  the  world  to  me.... I  just  got  another  e  mail telling  me    that  RG and  I  had  resparked a  flyfishing interest , when  I  started  this  tread  I  had  no idea   it  would  touch  so many  sportsman  and   not  just  bring a  interest to  new  flyfisherman  but   to  rekindle    the  interest   that  people  had  forgotten ......i'm really  not  the  greatest  fly  tyier  or  fisherman  .... I just  never  quit and  I have  always  said  the  most important thing as  sportsman we  can  do  weathe  fishing hunting or trapping  is to  pass  the  love  for our sport on .....thank  you  for  letting  us  know to  some  point  we  did that .......oh and  I lied .....I really am a great  fly  tyier  and fly fisherman  .........but  so  are  you ;D
Well trap and rg, after following this thread this year I also got back into tying and fly fishing for gills.....I used to do it so much when I was younger, even got my son into fly fishing when he was only 10 or 12 and now he's almost professional, teaching fly fishing and tying he now has been fly fishing salmon, trout and when he's with me for bass and gills. I've had a lot of fun this year, but now my 3-4wtt rod got burned up with the rest of my boat and tackle....got another 5wt and just ordered a reel on eBay. Will be back at it. Tanks again guys.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2931 on: Jul 11, 2015, 02:04 AM »
Great looking gills Gump! That's fun for sure.

John, I know the loss was a disaster for you and how that feels. But......just think of all the new stuff you get to buy now :w00t:

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

woodchip1

« Reply #2932 on: Jul 11, 2015, 04:55 AM »
Ty the fly over a small leadhead

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #2933 on: Jul 11, 2015, 06:17 AM »
Very nice Gump.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #2934 on: Jul 11, 2015, 06:59 AM »
GREAT gill and good photos thanks for sharing
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2935 on: Jul 11, 2015, 09:18 AM »
Found some crappies this morning......on the "Bumble Weave"  with the TFO 3 wt. ;D

Dang that's fun!

Rg

icejohn

« Reply #2936 on: Jul 11, 2015, 09:34 PM »
Great looking gills Gump! That's fun for sure.

John, I know the loss was a disaster for you and how that feels. But......just think of all the new stuff you get to buy now :w00t:

Rg
Yes Bob already bought a few rods and some gear...is kind of nice though and already got a line on a decent boat, things are looking up.
Thanks,
John
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

icejohn

« Reply #2937 on: Jul 11, 2015, 09:43 PM »
By the way....that "bug" looks like a killer, what is it. Wouldn't mind trying them. Good job.
icejohn

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2938 on: Jul 12, 2015, 03:15 AM »
Glad to hear it John. All is well that ends well. Take a look at the fly tying thread. It's one of mine. I've been playing around with some woven patterns.

Rg

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #2939 on: Jul 18, 2015, 03:38 PM »
Hey all...

Any of you fellow old farts remember the Redington "Red-Start" series of fly rods? I just bought one in new unused condition (a 9'  2- piece 6-7wt) off FleaBay for $39.99 + shp... the original price tag reads $129.00!!  I remember when these rods were available and they had excellent reviews back then. They're more of a medium/moderate action rod which is fine with me. I'll probably line it with a WF6 or possibly a DT7 wt. and I think it'll make a good pond/river rod for my Mrs... at least that's what I'm gonna tell her when the package arrives.  ;D

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.