FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561298 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #3060 on: Aug 31, 2015, 11:41 AM »
Went to the stream this morning. Got hot and humid in a big hurry. I only lasted 4 hours and I was ready for e cold shower. On the good side, I had a ball with the rockys gills and smallies again. They liked my mini crayfish and some little orange spiders.

One hole I found wasn't more than 15' across. Manages 8 rockys, 4 gills and 2 smallmouth from that one little spot. Surprising since it was well upstream from the deeper pools.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #3061 on: Aug 31, 2015, 03:06 PM »
well yes  when we wereyoung we always could find work ... that's true and i'msure  you could always find something to do for pay today ,difference is  could you make a living at it?..... I see people  ,good people  having it harder and harder .....it's not like it was when I was a kid or when I was first married  ....it's simply tougher out there today ....between less jobs ...cost of living ...taxes ...health care ....and no job security ...I've seen  GE ,carrior ,chyslers new prosses gear nestles  millers  owens and 100 more  gone ......RG truth is  we got lucky  we had  what we had when we did ...kids now  will not have the opportunitys  that we had ....basicly  government taxed industry  to the point it left.....that's not to say  to give up looking and  tring it's to say you have to look and try harder ... ok enough of this ...I been busy   enjoying mixing my fishing and motorcycle riding and been having a ball country roads  trout streams  in low water conditions trips to my favorite panfish and smallie factorys  .....been a fun time so far

Glad someone agrees with me...

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3062 on: Sep 04, 2015, 01:45 PM »
hey RG want to post the  secret recipe  to the  pickled green tomatos? they look good  ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3063 on: Sep 04, 2015, 02:34 PM »
Anyone tying? I have lots of peacock tail feathers....    ;D
Free..  PM me your address..... 
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3064 on: Sep 04, 2015, 03:14 PM »
I already have enough to leave to some worthy tier in my will ;D

Spent my day on the creek.

Just kept changing flies and catching fish. It was a good 4 miles of stream. Had my Bride pick me up to retrieve my vehicle. Saw some monster carp, but I didn't get involved with them. Long wade, lots of fish, hardly any bugs.....life is good!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3065 on: Sep 04, 2015, 03:31 PM »
Pickled Green Tomatoes

If you think those are good Trapper, you should try the sweet, hot  pickled  Cauliflower ;D

Mmmmmmmmmm! Good!

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #3066 on: Sep 04, 2015, 07:15 PM »
my mom use to  make  pickled cauliflower,carrots and  celery . it  was really good

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3067 on: Sep 04, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Nice job on the creek Bob... :clapping: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3068 on: Sep 05, 2015, 09:31 AM »
Went this morning for a little while. Man it got hot and muggy quick. Guess I'll play on the bench for a while. I've been thinking about furling up some short leaders. Maybe 30-36" or so. I'm thinking they might be better for popper and dry fly fishing.

Worth a try anyway.

Rg

rp dog

« Reply #3069 on: Sep 05, 2015, 09:04 PM »
As soon as I get the Estate sale stuff that didn't sell out of my son's building back to moms house I'm going fishing. I've got to move stuff out so I can get to my boat. I've got a date with a new fly rod and hopefully a fresh mess of bluegill fillets.
Rp

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #3070 on: Sep 06, 2015, 09:03 AM »
Anyone tying? I have lots of peacock tail feathers....    ;D
Free..  PM me your address..... 

PM sent!!  ;D  ;D

WK

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #3071 on: Sep 06, 2015, 09:16 AM »
Mrs. and I had planned all week on fishing the Susky with my flatbottom Saturday. Went up to help a friend bring in a second cutting of hay after work Friday and when I got home desperately in need of a shower she said "We don't have any water"... turns out our well pump decided to take a holiday along with everyone else!  >:(  Called the fella who installed it some years back and he was tied up all day Saturday with his son's wedding so he's coming today to pull it while I'm at work.

Needless to say we didn't go fishing but I did get a shower at her sister's place. Oh well, such is life.

WK 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3072 on: Sep 06, 2015, 06:47 PM »
Sometimes life just seems to get in the way of a fishing day.

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #3073 on: Sep 06, 2015, 06:50 PM »
ya  coulda bathed in the  creek ya know ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3074 on: Sep 07, 2015, 09:47 AM »
Wouldn't have been the first time ;D

Furled up some 48" leaders yesterday for the 3 and 5 wt. Tried them this morning on the 5 wt and was very pleased with the way they turned over both big and small flies.  Much easier than the 60" or 72" on a smallish stream.

Limitless possibilities with furled leaders.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.