FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560554 times)

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #3270 on: Jun 19, 2016, 02:27 PM »
Thanks and the same to you...h2l

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #3271 on: Jun 19, 2016, 07:44 PM »
Those look kinda neat....I have used foam ones in the past but will have to try these.
Thanks RG.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Gump

« Reply #3272 on: Jul 01, 2016, 06:13 AM »
Good morning old farts.

Looking to fish the Delaware next weekend.  Any recommendations for a motel or accommodations to stay in the Deposit area?

Thanks in advance.

"Why do you go on these trips with me , Ed?"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3273 on: Jul 01, 2016, 02:19 PM »
You need a tackle bearer Gump?

There's a Delaware flu epidemic going around where I work. I might just catch it.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

« Reply #3274 on: Jul 01, 2016, 03:53 PM »
Good morning old farts.

Looking to fish the Delaware next weekend.  Any recommendations for a motel or accommodations to stay in the Deposit area?

Thanks in advance.

I always stay at Capra Inn in Hancock. Nice, friendly couple own it, simple no-nonsense rooms. They also run a shuttle service if you want to throw your kayak in.     

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3275 on: Jul 01, 2016, 05:23 PM »
Told ya Gump ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Gump

« Reply #3276 on: Jul 02, 2016, 06:18 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Bartman.   I'll be calling them.  This trip is a last minute decision on my behalf.  I appreciate the info.

RG, I have no idea what I am doing.  Just a 'tag-along' on this trip.  This will be my baptism on these waters....lol

Bartman44

« Reply #3277 on: Jul 02, 2016, 06:54 AM »
Good luck, if I have one word of advice, it's don't leave the water too soon. Dusk is magic so bring a flashlight.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3278 on: Jul 02, 2016, 09:30 AM »
Empirical knowledge right there Gump.

I'll be hitting the backyard stream in a little while. Had fun with the smallmouth on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tried for a few carp, but no takers.

Rg

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #3279 on: Jul 08, 2016, 09:09 PM »
Anyone purchase any new (to you) fly fishing equipment lately? I'm currently waiting on the arrival of 3 vintage fly reels from Ebay with a bid out on a fourth one!

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3280 on: Jul 09, 2016, 08:35 AM »
Nope! I do believe the 10' 6wt I built recently may be my last Rod. In fact, I'm going to sell off a few rods and reels in August.

My collection is way past complete.

What did you buy?

On another note, I got out on the boat this morning for a few hours. Not much going on. I'll probably head to the stream with the 2 wt this evening for some gills and bass.

Rg

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #3281 on: Jul 09, 2016, 09:58 AM »
Nope! I do believe the 10' 6wt I built recently may be my last Rod. In fact, I'm going to sell off a few rods and reels in August.

My collection is way past complete.

What did you buy?

On another note, I got out on the boat this morning for a few hours. Not much going on. I'll probably head to the stream with the 2 wt this evening for some gills and bass.

Rg

A Martin 67SSA, Abu Garcia 256, and an unmarked reel that looks like a Heddon clone. The Martin is NIB condition... plan on pairing it with my Redington 9' 6/7. And yes, I need to think about weeding out some of my stockpile as well.

The stream you mention must have a good source that feeds it... everything around here is bare bones now. My son and I floated a section of the Susky last Saturday and I saw parts of that river exposed that I've never seen this early in summer. We seriously need some rain!

WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3282 on: Jul 09, 2016, 01:44 PM »
It's low, but here's many fishable pools.

Rg

Gump

« Reply #3283 on: Jul 12, 2016, 07:40 PM »
Well, first trip to the West Branch was memorable.  In and out of rain, and overcast conditions had the sulphurs going pretty good on Saturday.   These wild fish are quite cagey and presentation is everything.  I managed 3 fish a 12" , a 16"', and I ended the day right at dark with a plump 18" male ....my personal best on a dry.  My other friends each connected with 2-3 fish each as well.  I got a slob in the 24' range to eat a big foam ISO pattern I tie, and had my one friend witness the take, only to miss him due to too much slack in my mend.  Just to get him to eat my fly made my day.

Aside from the fish, the river and surrounding landscape is awesome.  With the humidity and cold water temps, the fog at time made the river quite mystical.  Now I am trying to find a way to get back down there....hmmm :cookoo:

chrony59

« Reply #3284 on: Jul 13, 2016, 05:32 AM »
Beautiful Browns and pictures .............. nice job :clapping:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.