FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 561009 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #3510 on: Apr 12, 2018, 02:18 PM »
I had a GREAT day and I got to switch up with  the fly rod and spinning ,kinda cold then it got wet but I had fun not sure how many I actually caught but I did keep a limit for dinner ...with this water so cold and high fish slow and deep
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3511 on: Apr 12, 2018, 02:32 PM »
Nice Trapper !! I still haven't caught a fish in 2018. Hoping to change that this weekend.

Ausable Ugly has a silver bead and hackle, Sirloin is a streamer pattern and uses  coyote fur, both invented by Rich Garfield, Adirondack guide.

You are correct sir. My ugly is a sort of cross between each of those. But it works ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #3512 on: Apr 13, 2018, 03:35 AM »
I'm awake at 3 am ,toss and turn till 4 am ,dreams of big browns and jumping bows keep me awake, I  think I get just as excite after all these years when it comes to fishing, I know where I'm going ,I have a good idea how I'm going to do ,even what fly I will use on my first drift....I know the strike indicator will twitch against the current and i'll feel the fish pump the rod when i lift up firmly, I know i'll  muter when i try to net the fish and my back doesn't want to bend that much these days .I know i'll admire the fish as I unhook him and that little boy in me will say keep him keep him while my better judgement will say release this one you can only keep 2 over 12 ...(dumbest rule ever) I know i'll watch  the fish  shoot for deep water when i  loosen my grip and then i'll realize I should have taken a picture (I always forget) ...I know how good that coffee will taste in the cold morning ...yes I know........it's far from my first rodeo  but I thank God above  it feels like the  first  time fishing  every time. life is good  just some times are better then others ,today will be  a great day .... just like yesterday .... ;D

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #3513 on: Apr 13, 2018, 04:48 AM »
I'm awake at 3 am ,toss and turn till 4 am ,dreams of big browns and jumping bows keep me awake, I  think I get just as excite after all these years when it comes to fishing, I know where I'm going ,I have a good idea how I'm going to do ,even what fly I will use on my first drift....I know the strike indicator will twitch against the current and i'll feel the fish pump the rod when i lift up firmly, I know i'll  muter when i try to net the fish and my back doesn't want to bend that much these days .I know i'll admire the fish as I unhook him and that little boy in me will say keep him keep him while my better judgement will say release this one you can only keep 2 over 12 ...(dumbest rule ever) I know i'll watch  the fish  shoot for deep water when i  loosen my grip and then i'll realize I should have taken a picture (I always forget) ...I know how good that coffee will taste in the cold morning ...yes I know........it's far from my first rodeo  but I thank God above  it feels like the  first  time fishing  every time. life is good  just some times are better then others ,today will be  a great day .... just like yesterday .... ;D
Never lose that feeling.  It's what separates fisherman from people who like to fish.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

UglyStik

« Reply #3514 on: Apr 13, 2018, 05:42 AM »
That's the spirit!
Not even the least bit superstitious that it's Friday the 13th?   ;D

trapper2000

« Reply #3515 on: Apr 13, 2018, 02:34 PM »
ugly I dint even know it was Friday much less the 13th ............but I got a limit for dinner :D

UglyStik

« Reply #3516 on: Apr 13, 2018, 03:21 PM »
well done. nothing 4 me yet......

Swampking89

« Reply #3517 on: Apr 13, 2018, 03:30 PM »
Nice job trapp!! Looks like dinner to me!!

trapper2000

« Reply #3518 on: Apr 13, 2018, 06:09 PM »
today I fished a heavy weighted muddler deep and slow I even broke one of my self imposed rules and added a couple   small split shots ............we have high water and very cold temps  I know everyone is complaining about not catching fish but truth I am having a great spring ....the secret  add weight .my plan is  to ty up some black wolly buggers with so much weight they splash when they hit the water...I plan on fishing slow and deep good luck guys ugly I was fishing close to you.... good luck on the bows

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3519 on: Apr 13, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Now...tell the truth Trapper....you were using a # 6 Red Wiggler Fly......right?

;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #3520 on: Apr 13, 2018, 06:31 PM »
no a wax worm or salted minnow
 yesterday I switched to the spinning rod  tho and tossed a panther martin  was fun  today I was just into the fly rod ,....and the coolest memory for this spring is ...I seen a eagle come down and grap a big trout and fly away with it  .....yes I called him a name but it was awesome to see

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3521 on: Apr 13, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Just bustin your chops.....

Rg

trapper2000

« Reply #3522 on: Apr 13, 2018, 06:36 PM »
hey I would use them ,but I don't know how to tie them  :(

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #3523 on: Apr 13, 2018, 07:28 PM »
no a wax worm or salted minnow
 yesterday I switched to the spinning rod  tho and tossed a panther martin  was fun  today I was just into the fly rod ,....and the coolest memory for this spring is ...I seen a eagle come down and grap a big trout and fly away with it  .....yes I called him a name but it was awesome to see
wax worms are like trout candy when the waters are high and panther martins are my favorite spinner to use. sounds like your having a blast keep it up!
done dirt cheap!

trapper2000

« Reply #3524 on: Apr 13, 2018, 07:40 PM »
today all I used was a weighted  muddler minnow  fished slow  a  wolly bugger

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.