FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560933 times)

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #3525 on: Apr 16, 2018, 06:43 AM »
Hey trapper, the Batten Kill is still pretty healthy.

24 +" yesterday. The water was cold, the weather was brutal, but the fish were hungry!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3526 on: Apr 16, 2018, 06:50 AM »
that's what it's all about right there................great fish man
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #3527 on: Apr 16, 2018, 06:52 AM »
Congrats on a very nice brown...h2l

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3528 on: Apr 16, 2018, 04:39 PM »
Nice job Bill. You're a tough old bird.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bartman44

« Reply #3529 on: Apr 16, 2018, 04:55 PM »
Nice monster there MR Machine.  I was planning on doing the B kill for the Vermont opener but had a death in the family but glad to see they are biting. Maybe next weekend. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #3530 on: Apr 16, 2018, 07:23 PM »
Sorry for your loss.  Great trout!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #3531 on: Apr 17, 2018, 05:44 AM »
Thanks guys. At the risk of sounding cliche, it was an epic battle.  Hooked him in a hole on the other side of a submerged tree. Brought him around the tree and he surged upstream into the current, then charged downstream for the tree. I turned him just before he got there and played him out right there. As my buddy got in to net him for me he bolted again, but with a lot less energy. As I played him back my line just touched and froze to the end of a wild rose hanging over the river. The line would slide through the ice but not pop off. Finally he drifted back into my buddy's net. That's when the hook fell out of his upper lip.

So many things could have gone wrong. If it weren't for good friends and the Grace of God above, we wouldn't have been able to take that picture!  ;D
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #3532 on: Apr 17, 2018, 05:56 AM »
Bartman I'm sorry for your loss.

Garufi518

« Reply #3533 on: Apr 17, 2018, 06:43 AM »
Beautiful fish !

lowaccord66

« Reply #3534 on: May 07, 2018, 10:48 AM »
Yesterday in the rain.  Thanks Garufi for the shot.  Big bow ate a quasimoto and took me for a ride.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3535 on: May 07, 2018, 03:24 PM »

Great fish FM luck is a great ally 👍🏻
Cool shot Low

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3536 on: May 18, 2018, 05:29 PM »
sorry been  busy chasing  some  spotted  friends  of mine.... so trout  in the morning  usually  wait  till we  have a  hatch then I  go  chase  some  rod  bending  rock  dukes ...Freddie  sorry  for  my absence  i'll  give ya a  call and  we  can hook up and  knock the spots  off a  few  of them tank scrubbers  ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #3537 on: May 20, 2018, 07:35 AM »
question for you fly fishing veterans, Im gonna buy a fly rod and see if I can catch a fish with it. Is the ready to fish kit at walmart decent enough to start fishing with? Ive never touched a fly rod and I dont know much about it but that will soon change, just looking for advice on wether the kit is good enough to get started or is there a better kit out there to invest in? any advice appreciated, Ive always been interested in fly fishing now im finally gonna try it
done dirt cheap!

taxid

« Reply #3538 on: May 20, 2018, 07:55 AM »
question for you fly fishing veterans, Im gonna buy a fly rod and see if I can catch a fish with it. Is the ready to fish kit at walmart decent enough to start fishing with? Ive never touched a fly rod and I dont know much about it but that will soon change, just looking for advice on wether the kit is good enough to get started or is there a better kit out there to invest in? any advice appreciated, Ive always been interested in fly fishing now im finally gonna try it

I wouldn't buy anything at Walmart unless you're prepared for poor quality and possibly a piece of equipment that is a second.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

oatkasut

« Reply #3539 on: May 20, 2018, 08:05 AM »
check out Cabela's; they sell a fly rod combo kit for $150 which includes a moderate action rod, reel, weight forward floating fly  line,backing . got one for my daughter. Good luck. The weight you get depends on what you are fishing for but a 5Wt. covers alot of situations. Good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.