FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 560924 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #3705 on: May 11, 2023, 07:25 PM »
The Fly Shack has been my supplier for many years. They’re great to deal with. Very reasonable prices, shipping and selection. I buy all my books from them.
I can’t say that about many shops.

They earned a place on my bench.

Anglers all is another that I’ll deal with. Again and again.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ECobb91

« Reply #3706 on: May 11, 2023, 08:16 PM »
Fly Shack is great. Me and my dad order from them whenever we need new fly gear. Their basic flies are great for less than $1 a piece, so much so we haven’t tied our own in quite some time as we just end up buying them through the Fly Shack. Only ones I make myself now are thunder creek minnows.

I actually just placed an order through them today and my dad bought a fly reel from them a couple weeks ago. We’ve been meaning to make a run out that way to visit the shop in person, it’s only about 45 min east of us.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3707 on: May 11, 2023, 08:32 PM »
I’d do that myself but it’s 177 miles from my home. I’ll order online from them. Maybe someday a field trip.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3708 on: May 13, 2023, 12:47 PM »
Far from an old fart.  I caught a couple wild browns, couple stocked bows.  He played in the water with his sister. It was perfect.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3709 on: May 13, 2023, 01:09 PM »
Cute! Been a long time since mine were that little.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3710 on: May 13, 2023, 01:44 PM »
Cute! Been a long time since mine were that little.

They grow up fast.  I had no intentions of focusing on fishing so when a nymph got stuck...the socks and shoes came off and I went in.  Felt like a kid again.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3711 on: May 13, 2023, 01:52 PM »
A great example for sure. Enjoy while you can.

62 & Done

« Reply #3712 on: May 13, 2023, 04:13 PM »
Precious for sure.  I had that color hair in the day  those days are gone with the color :laugh:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3713 on: May 14, 2023, 01:25 PM »
Turned in my fly rod for my ultra lite, some worms and a bobber today.

Right choice. Water was way warmer than the air and the north winds would have made casting a fly, appropriately, near impossible……with the 2 or 3 wt.

Anyway I caught a lot of nice gills and a nice smallmouth. All released to hit another day. Fun for sure.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3714 on: May 14, 2023, 02:34 PM »
i fried a panfish grand slam  gills perch crappie and a few rock bass ...... :D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

62 & Done

« Reply #3715 on: May 14, 2023, 07:58 PM »
never thought of that as a grand slam  Hmmm   wonder if there is an award for that   ???

lowaccord66

« Reply #3716 on: May 15, 2023, 06:42 AM »
After family stuff I got out from 3-730.  Nice afternoon, lots of guys getting off the water early.  Then there was a great spinner fall and no one but me to enjoy it.

62 I still need to build you leaders, do you fish for trout at all?  Or will you be?

Bartman44

« Reply #3717 on: May 15, 2023, 07:09 AM »
Nice. Same thing happened to us in the Catskills this past week. Everybody's back at their cars taking their waders off and we're putting our head lamps on and heading down to our spot at 7pm for the magical 2 hour night bite. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #3718 on: May 15, 2023, 09:16 AM »
Nothing against those guys right Bart!  When the iso's start popping those are dark finishes for sure. 

I'm going to go back tonught after work.  I was using the 3w euro setup last night which worked ok but I would have caught more on top with the 5w.  (I'm just not very good at dries)

Also need to pull the sink tip off the 6w and go back to floating and start mousing.  Flows are perfect for it.

62 & Done

« Reply #3719 on: May 15, 2023, 04:05 PM »
After family stuff I got out from 3-730.  Nice afternoon, lots of guys getting off the water early.  Then there was a great spinner fall and no one but me to enjoy it.

62 I still need to build you leaders, do you fish for trout at all?  Or will you be?
    That's how I started fishing in dad's footsteps.  An old Mitchell reel and some kind of cheap rod. I was armed with a bunch of CP Swings and a box of worms.......Memories
        As for trout fishing with a fly, I can definitely see that coming as I hone my skills a bit, but I'm baffled as to how to manage swinging a fly line on some back country stream amongst all the trees. That will be a sight for sure. Hope nobody is around to report what they saw.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  I'm wanting to get out to a little pond that I normally fish only thru the ice, but I think there is a opportunity to wade along the shore and get some practice.  Just waiting for this wind to lay down.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.