FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nascar race,Sunday, September,19,2010  (Read 5252 times)

landlockedsalmon

• Remember we all live downstream.
Nascar race,Sunday, September,19,2010
« on: Aug 18, 2010, 03:55 PM »
I just received 4 tickets to the race in the Laconia grandstand row 41& 42,seats 11 & 12 from my kids.I have never been to a race before,so any tips would be helpful,parking,food,local hotspots,shortcuts in and out of the track,etc, from Lebanon,maine,area.Is anybody from MFF going to be there.Looking forward to going,48 years old and this is my first stockcar race of any kind.I usually watch on TV.I am excited,I hope my daughters enjoy it too,they are ages 23 and 20 and are the ones who suggested we go to a race in NH.Any tips will be helpful,thanks in advance,Scott,LLS
if everyone concentrated on the important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.....

burgerunh

Re: Nascar race,Sunday, September,19,2010
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2010, 12:40 PM »
It has been a few years for me but I will give this a go. 

First of all plan on getting there EARLY.  The earlier you get there the less traffic in you will have to deal with. 

Bring tailgating supplies.  A grill, drinks, food, games to keep you occupied, etc. etc.  Also the people watching can be fantastic.

There is food available inside the track however it is pricey and you are better off eating before and after the race.  You can bring your own drinks and small cooler into the race.

If you are not in a big hurry after the race you may be better off waiting a couple hours to try to leave.  During this time refer back to the tailgating instructions above.  This should help with the traffic.  If you are a drinker you will want a designated driver.

There are shortcuts in and out of the track.  Look at a local map and figure out the best route on the side roads. 

Enjoy!

StriperSniper

« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2010, 01:22 PM »
Another pc. of equipment you'll want to bring is one of those easy-up canopies. It can get pretty hot in the middle of Sept. sitting out in those parking lots for a few hours before a race and a little shade is always nice. Also if you get there early you'll park closer to the track. That way you go down to the souveneir haulers right away and then go back up to your vehicle for a little tailgating. Also coolers have to be 14" or less in all dims. to be allowed in the grandstand and they look inside all of them.
SS

AquaAssassin

« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2010, 02:34 PM »
ear plugs dont hurt either ;) you will have a blast as long as you havent been to any other tracks. then you just get spoiled and its not as fun once you have witnessed the 3 wide 200 mph stuff you wont see here  in nh. you will have a blast being with ytour family though.
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2010, 04:37 PM »
Oh, you are going to have a good time. I went once and although not a race fan, it was something amazing to witness. 120k people, 35k horespower on the track... I second the ear plug suggestion, it's louder than I expected and I drag race my motorcycle about 4 times a year.

They don't sell beers there, so if you do enjoy an adult beverage with your racing, you have to pack them in. No glass containers at all. And even with limited space, don't forget the water casue it can get hot out there anytime of the year. We went very early and got good parking not far from the track. I think it was the first public lot after you pass the track heading north on 106.

landlockedsalmon

• Remember we all live downstream.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2010, 08:50 PM »
I want to thank everyone who helped out with info before the race,Linguini,thanks again for the excellent directions,we parked within 50 yards of the track.S3 parking area.And had a courtesy cart drive us right to our seats. We rented headsets so we could listen to the drivers talk,That is the way to go.We all had a great time,,and will look forward to next years race.Thanks again.LLS
if everyone concentrated on the important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.