FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Checking in  (Read 3751 times)

therealjt

Checking in
« on: Feb 20, 2011, 08:49 PM »
well since the fat lady is singing I will be the first to check in...

went and checked ice today at 3 places and I am done, maybe next weekend I head down to red rock and mess up some carp lol
also time to start getting ready for turkey season.

what you guys got going on?

jt
quoted from piker1
"flyfishing is just like eating popcorn , once ya start you can't stop lol ......"

NewToIa

Re: Checking in
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2011, 02:30 PM »
Doing the same.  I think the ice will be pretty unsafe by the weekend, so it looks like I will give the walleyes a shot on the mississippi and start getting geared up for turkey season.

Basspro23

• Bass. A word that turns serious fisherman on.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2011, 10:26 AM »
the ice is pretty much hosed. for me. so im focusing on the rivers for now. can't wait for spring walleye!

Don't Forget!!!

BassProShops- Spring Event!!!!! a ton of stuff on sale!!!  :o :o
Fishing is the sport of drowning worms.

russjess

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2011, 07:19 AM »
just checking in here waiting for warmer weather so i can dig out the boat in the back yard to hit the rivers the ice isnt safe up here anymore and im finally getting over this flu i have had for the last month so it kinda put a damper on my ice fishing this year but i did manage a 6 and a half pound lrg mouth out of a local lake through the ice its in the process of getting mounted for the size of the lake its well worth it i have been told

therealjt

« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2011, 08:33 PM »
caught my first walleye this year thru the ice bot didn't get to go out as much as i would have liked. Now i need to get a new string on my bow and start shooting since turkey season starts april 11th and i am going to try out the gobbler guillotine this year so need extra practice

jt
quoted from piker1
"flyfishing is just like eating popcorn , once ya start you can't stop lol ......"

toofuss

« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2011, 09:16 AM »
yep going to haul all the ice gear off to the shed this weekend and get the boat dug out of the barn......d**n gotta get tags

Johny big fish

• The water is so soft no auger needed
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2011, 11:19 AM »
Put the ice gear away looked over the yaks I think I'm ready for some soft water 8)
Fishing a jerk on one end of a line waiting for a jerk on the other end

SkeeHunter

« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2011, 08:15 PM »
It was a good year on the Ice , but am ready for soft water too, maybe alittle chop here and there lol  get some use outta my driftsocks

tsmith17

• A day of bad fishing is still a good day.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2011, 11:07 PM »
It was a lousy hardwater season for me.  I have been soo ready to get the long poles out for a while now.  Even caught about ten fish tonight, first open water fish of the year, felt good.  Got a little tired of the cold temps this winter.  No need to put on the pac boots, bibs and jacket anymore.  Bring on the spring!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.