FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 21st pond, UPDATED 3-13-13  (Read 3437 times)

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
21st pond, UPDATED 3-13-13
« on: Mar 21, 2012, 09:33 PM »
Made a quick trip to the pond after hearing the lg mouth were starting to getting active. These temps are starting to get warm quick and its just going to get nicer over the next few days. Took the kids being early day and all at school. walked the around the whole pond and the north side had the most active bass. I hooked into 2 that got off right at shore were only 7-9inchers. kids had one largie the same size and missed a few trout also. Silver meps spinners and plastics worked best in black and white. No follows or hits on spinnerbaits or cranks. Alot of trout cruzing the top all over the pond rising fequently. The trail around the pond also provided some river action on the north end, had very good clarity still, but the runnoffs comin!! No takers in the 2 holes i tossed in, kids managed a broke tip and lost a rapala  8) GREAT 1st day casting the long rods as i have put the ice gear into hibernation.  tightlines

Hoosier

• MFF Mod Team
Re: 20TH st pond
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2012, 05:18 AM »
Great thing to gett the kids out,always makes for a good day.
 The buckets around here are sittin and runnin the banks.Been out last few days using a buzzbait I make and they have been tearin it up.If you can get a kid to keep one of those on top,man do they get pumped.. JT

muskyon46

Re: 20TH st pond
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2012, 07:04 AM »
Great thing to gett the kids out,always makes for a good day.
 The buckets around here are sittin and runnin the banks.Been out last few days using a buzzbait I make and they have been tearin it up.If you can get a kid to keep one of those on top,man do they get pumped.. JT

Oh yah and not only the kids. I get pretty dang excited myself  :o  Caught my first topwater musky, smallie and largie last year on zara spooks. Seems i have the walk down, atleast last year we'll see this year. Buzzbaits have not been so productive for me here but i do pack a single blade and double blade with me and give them a tosss here and there. Thats good to here your soft water is starting out better than your hard water did hoosier. Are your topwaters more productive in the morning?   

Hoosier

• MFF Mod Team
Re: 21st pond
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2012, 05:29 AM »
I make the buzzbaits I use.1/8 ounce with a small 2 cupped blade.1 really good trick is to pinch the blade stop and scuff it with a file.Makes a totally differant sound than any other.In the mornings you can run the bank a foot out,as the days comes on,go from 1ft to 20ft out.Nice thing about the lighter baits is you have so much more control over it.Fast,slow,twich, can even "swim" it under the surface.

muskyon46

Re: 21st pond
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2012, 08:02 AM »
1 really good trick is to pinch the blade stop and scuff it with a file.Makes a totally differant sound than any other.

Thanks JT im gonna give this a try when our bass thaw out around here, should only be a couple more weeks. For now its just spawnin eye's and ice off troutin

muskyon46

Re: 21st pond, UPDATED
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2012, 09:26 PM »
Took the kids out for a few hours and fished with the kids while my girl walked the trail. We ended up with a few little lg bass. A couple for the kids each

and 3 for me

all came on smalll spinners except one of mine hit a plug i was walkin. All were 6-9in

muskyon46

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2012, 09:04 PM »
Fishin quality was a bit better sat 4-7 just not as many takers as last trip. Water temp was 55 according to the only boat allowed in there. They were just heading out when we were leavin

muskyon46

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 09:35 PM »
made it out tuesday for few hours and got 5 largies, 2 for me and 3 for kobe. Nothing big but always fun

muskyon46

Re: 21st pond, UPDATED 3-13-13
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2013, 10:52 PM »
I got the word today that all the ice came off, crazy cause i just went by here sunday and it was still 3/4 capped. Amazing what 60deg weather will do  :thumbup_smilie: another week or 2 and the bass should start getting pretty active in our local community ponds

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.