FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Don't complain CALL TIP!!!  (Read 6216 times)

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
Don't complain CALL TIP!!!
« on: Jul 23, 2012, 10:09 PM »
I tell ya, the tip line works. I've used it a few times before in similar situations with similar results.

http://news.dnr.state.mn.us/2012/07/12/agency-cooperation-tip-call-land-anglers-over-the-legal-limit/

When you see those who I refer to as the bucket brigade, help them learn the hard way. These game hogs will be paying over $1000 for restitution for sunfish and face and additional $3000 fine. That's enough to discourage the activity, I don't care who they are!

DIRTBALL2

Re: Don't complain CALL TIP!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2012, 02:09 PM »
What Skipper said X2! Although I've never called the TIP line myself, 2 of my friend's have! It always give's me a nice warm feeling inside when they catch one of those S-O-B game hog's! Especially the one's that know better! You go CO's! :police:DIRTBALL2 ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2012, 03:55 PM »
Good for you guys. I've called in violations here in Indiana and didn't get a call back for three days. After two or three times of that I gave up. Granted it wasn't a TIP line per sei but I still called a DNR law enforcement headquarters.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2012, 07:55 PM »
TIP (Turn In Poachers) is a very effective thing here in MN. It often gets immediate attention from law enforcement.

We have fish here in MN because the poachers are scared!

I know of a guy who was shooting pheasants out of the cab of his combine while he harvested.... DNR took the combine.... we don't mess around! :D 

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2012, 07:36 AM »
TIP (Turn In Poachers) is a very effective thing here in MN. It often gets immediate attention from law enforcement.

We have fish here in MN because the poachers are scared!

I know of a guy who was shooting pheasants out of the cab of his combine while he harvested.... DNR took the combine.... we don't mess around! :D 

That sound's exactly like my brother-in-law! Was his name Gerry? ;DDIRTBALL2 ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2012, 05:07 PM »
I only know him by the farm he worked in Foreston..

Lundin-loading

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2012, 10:18 PM »
I had to call in a guy who dumped a couple swans thinking they were snows, i didnt know him but, i watched it happen, so i ran over and hollered at him, said that he better call TIP-MONT cause i was going to! The warden called me back to tell me he had called to turn himself in, which was pretty cool i thought
Beauty

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2012, 11:48 PM »
If you can't tell the difference between a snow (small) and a swan (size of a small airplane), you best put the gun down till ya get your eyes checked! ;D

Lundin-loading

« Reply #8 on: Jul 29, 2012, 11:24 AM »
I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing I heard shots and watched as a tundra soared to the ground so I started running down the canal to were he was, just as the flock fly right back over him and he dumps another, I ran over and he was all excited and I couldn't stop cussing at him that they're swans,  he tries to argue and I'm like, look at the length of their f***ing neck!!!
Beauty

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #9 on: Jul 29, 2012, 12:36 PM »
Some people are too stupid to hunt...

I am a firm believer that there should be a three strikes and you're out law. If you can't read the regs and learn what to shoot/catch/kill, and what to release/let walk/let go, you should spend your Sundays on the couch watching sports center.

I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing I heard shots and watched as a tundra soared to the ground so I started running down the canal to were he was, just as the flock fly right back over him and he dumps another, I ran over and he was all excited and I couldn't stop cussing at him that they're swans,  he tries to argue and I'm like, look at the length of their f***ing neck!!!

And snow geese have black wingtips.... Swans have over double the neck and double the wingspan too. I've always looked up and said "cool, look at the swans!" Loooooooooooooong before they were in shooting range. My eyes ain't that great either.... Doufus deserves everything he gets. It's not that hard to google things.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+tell+the+difference+between+a+snow+goose+and+swan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.yahoo:en-US:official&client=firefox

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.