FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Adams reservoir  (Read 3330 times)

muskyon46

• Just passin on a family tradition
Adams reservoir
« on: Apr 22, 2013, 07:50 AM »
Took a drive over here last friday at lunch and the new parking area is complete with a nice pontoon launch. Looking to take the toon over there thursday after work with a fellow coworker that toons also. Hoping to find some prespawn largies and some of the hog sunnies that are in there  8)

Icecutterion

Re: Adams reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2013, 11:35 AM »
I'm needing to get me a pontoon they look relaxing...

muskyon46

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2013, 11:31 AM »
They are fun. I picked mine up at a yard sale last spring for $100 and theres always alot on ksl but the good priced ones always go fast. If i see another good steal at a yard sale this summer i'll get your # from bub and give you a call. Heres a pic of the one i picked up

muskyon46

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 11:34 AM »
Made it over here last thursday and was surprised to mark 30fow in there. Only hooked up a couple small bows. Water temp was around 55deg and was unable to locate any largies. Did see something I have not seen before, there was some type of ducks roosted in a big tree

SeisMec

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 06:57 PM »
I have pontoon similar to yours and have set it up with a 35# thrust electric trolling motor. Work's great for trolling on small ponds and lakes where gas motors aren't allowed. From the pictures I would say those "ducks" are cormorants. Fish eating machines with poo so strong that if enough roost in 1 tree their poo will kill the tree because of the acidity of it.

muskyon46

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 05:06 PM »
sounds like you have a good set-up seismec, thats funny you say that about their poo cause these things were dropping in the water constantly and we made sure to stay out from under that tree. As you can see that tree is alrerady dead too

SeisMec

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Thanks! If you decide you want to do it here's a couple of tips. Set your frame forward of where it normally goes to counter the weight of the battery and motor. The storage bags on mine are canvas and zip from front to back so I sit the back frame straps 2 to 4 inches forward onto the bags. That way when I'm sitting in the toon on the water I'm sitting level or only slightly back. AND because you already have a battery why not set up a fish finder as well? Also have my Garmin handheld GPS on a Ram mount bolted to the frame so I can make good structure. When I was out last fall I think I ran the trolling motor for 5 hours off a full charge. When I get home in a couple of weeks from work I can get it out of storage and set it up if you want pictures.

Have fun!

muskyon46

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 10:42 AM »
Good info seismec, i would like to check it out but as for adding a motor to mine i would if it wouldnt cost me more $. Once you add a motor the state nails you for registration and i already have a boat and sled that they get me for. If im going to a body of water that i can have a motor i will usually just take the tracker if i can get it in there. Thanks again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.