FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1479025 times)

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #9945 on: May 08, 2023, 06:51 AM »
Yes definitely some familiar names on the leaderboard. 1st and 2nd went to a couple local northshore boys. I didn’t go to the festival but seems like there was a good turnout. Friday night I ended with 5 fish the biggest was 21 1/2. Saturday night was tough at the spot I was at but I managed one at 20”. Was a fun couple of nights of fishing and the new tournament format seemed to be successful
Nice job findin em

reeleyz

« Reply #9946 on: May 08, 2023, 08:05 AM »
Nice job Bobby! Those are some nice fish.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #9947 on: May 08, 2023, 11:24 AM »
Thanks Bruce
Nice job findin em

filetandrelease

« Reply #9948 on: May 08, 2023, 01:24 PM »
 Yes sir , Bob that’s a nice fish , biggest I came up with was 20.5” so she now is resting nicely in my freezer 😃

JWHORF

« Reply #9949 on: May 08, 2023, 05:12 PM »
The tournament looked like a great time. I am planning on attending in the future. I hope the weather cooperates for a 2nd consecutive weekend, as we will be
trying our luck for walleyes / perch / crappie Friday and Saturday.  We are staying at Apps Landing and most likely launching out of Godfrey's Point. 

Is it too early to pull worm harnesses?  I've only ever fished Onieda once before and have had limited success with blade baits.

Looking for any tips and tricks for this wonderful fishery.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

reeleyz

« Reply #9950 on: May 08, 2023, 06:16 PM »
The tournament looked like a great time. I am planning on attending in the future. I hope the weather cooperates for a 2nd consecutive weekend, as we will be
trying our luck for walleyes / perch / crappie Friday and Saturday.  We are staying at Apps Landing and most likely launching out of Godfrey's Point. 

Is it too early to pull worm harnesses?  I've only ever fished Onieda once before and have had limited success with blade baits.

Looking for any tips and tricks for this wonderful fishery.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

I know some folks that do well pulling harnesses this time of year.

JWHORF

« Reply #9951 on: May 08, 2023, 06:22 PM »
Thanks!
We are going to try a variety of tactics, but on our last trip there was no wind, and it was nearly impossible to get a good drift for the blades.

Always good to have a plan B, C, or D.

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #9952 on: May 08, 2023, 06:53 PM »
I know some folks that do well pulling harnesses this time of year.
X2

62 & Done

« Reply #9953 on: May 12, 2023, 03:37 PM »
So now that the spawn is history for 2023 should I bring this up ?    I didn't see any thing in the news about our native friends and their questionable fishing tactics. Did any thing take place ?  Just wondering that's all

KingPerch

« Reply #9954 on: May 12, 2023, 08:24 PM »
No news, is good news!!!😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

oneida1

« Reply #9955 on: May 12, 2023, 10:29 PM »
So now that the spawn is history for 2023 should I bring this up ?    I didn't see any thing in the news about our native friends and their questionable fishing tactics. Did any thing take place ?  Just wondering that's all
i was told 1 guy speared 1 wayeye and got a ticket and left but not confirmed

lowaccord66

« Reply #9956 on: May 13, 2023, 08:10 AM »

Nothing questionable about their techniques in my eyes. Native americans keeping there heritage in tact.  (My grandmother on my dads side was cherokee, her mother was 100% so this is a touchy subject for me)

Fishin-Mission

« Reply #9957 on: May 13, 2023, 10:31 AM »
If the native Americans want to take fish in their traditional methods it would be fine with me provided they use traditional equipment.  This would eliminate using modern waders, metal spears, motorized vehicles and any other modern equipment. None of these were available when the treaties were established.

lowaccord66

« Reply #9958 on: May 13, 2023, 11:37 AM »
If the native Americans want to take fish in their traditional methods it would be fine with me provided they use traditional equipment.  This would eliminate using modern waders, metal spears, motorized vehicles and any other modern equipment. None of these were available when the treaties were established.

I agree 100%.  It seems to me the sticking point is these folks are harvesting fish supplanted by the govt and doing so when they are vulnerable to harvest. 

62 & Done

« Reply #9959 on: May 13, 2023, 04:06 PM »
   Very good point    still not saying I agree with it but very good point    food for thought

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.