FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Long Rod Chronicles  (Read 98834 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Long Rod Chronicles
« Reply #705 on: May 11, 2023, 10:43 PM »
Browns were eating good tonight.  Nice hatch and 0 people fishing!

bogtrotter

« Reply #706 on: May 12, 2023, 06:21 AM »
Nice brown!

lowaccord66

« Reply #707 on: May 12, 2023, 06:38 AM »
Nice brown!

Saw your email, Saturday is a busy one for me so not sure if Ill be able to make it out.  River is in great shape for your visit.

Steve H.

« Reply #708 on: May 12, 2023, 07:27 AM »
Nice brown.  That water looks amazing.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

taxid

« Reply #709 on: May 12, 2023, 09:24 AM »
Nice fish, beautiful river, and 0 people. Does't get much better than that.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

icefisher47

« Reply #710 on: May 12, 2023, 10:14 AM »
Looks like it was a great day. Beautiful pictures.
Take a kid fishing

lowaccord66

« Reply #711 on: May 12, 2023, 10:26 AM »
Looks like it was a great day. Beautiful pictures.

Was just an hour and a half before dark.  I need new cleats bad.

lowaccord66

« Reply #712 on: May 13, 2023, 08:00 AM »
Last night was good as well.  Hendrickson nymph got smoked pretty good.  Housy is a fun river but covered with guides and their clients.  They arent the most fun to interact with. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #713 on: May 16, 2023, 06:50 AM »
Last night was one of the best evening outings ive had in a while.  Landed the second largest wild brown ove ever caught. Around 22".  Went to take a quick pic and ended up with the tag fly burried in my thumb.  Thankfully it was barbless.  There was a major spinner fall, caddis were hatching and there was an incredible amount of blue wing olives. Even so most of the fish were staying down, eating my nymphs almost every drift.  I forgot my headlamp which was a major bummer.  No idea how many trout I landed.  Certainly the type of catching that makes you want to return immediately.

westernmas

« Reply #714 on: May 16, 2023, 08:59 AM »
Good stuff Jon.  Spring fishing is in full swing.  Hope it only continues to get better.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

stripernut

« Reply #715 on: May 16, 2023, 12:58 PM »
Last night was one of the best evening outings ive had in a while.  Landed the second largest wild brown ove ever caught. Around 22".  Went to take a quick pic and ended up with the tag fly burried in my thumb.  Thankfully it was barbless.  There was a major spinner fall, caddis were hatching and there was an incredible amount of blue wing olives. Even so most of the fish were staying down, eating my nymphs almost every drift.  I forgot my headlamp which was a major bummer.  No idea how many trout I landed.  Certainly the type of catching that makes you want to return immediately.

That is what we all live/fish for!

Bartman44

« Reply #716 on: May 16, 2023, 01:28 PM »
Way to put the hours in, late evening/night action can't be beat this time of year.  :clapping:

lowaccord66

« Reply #717 on: May 16, 2023, 01:40 PM »
I couldnt help thinking "did they just stock" because it had that type of catch rate.  I double checked and the last dump they did qas early march.  The large brown had amazing blue dots on its cheeks.  Such a nice fish. 

Steve H.

« Reply #718 on: May 17, 2023, 08:49 AM »
The large brown had amazing blue dots on its cheeks.  Such a nice fish.

Sweet and congrats on the big brown.  You sure got it dialed in!
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #719 on: May 17, 2023, 11:29 AM »
Thank you Steve.  Im always willing to show other members these spots and techniques.  Plenty of river to share and I have extra euro nymphing setups I'm happy to share if anyone was interested. 

I'm going to try tonight.  Conditions are tough with the temps dropping and the wind but one thing I learned is cold fronts typically do not slow down trout in rivers.  Given the wind I dont expect a spinner fall but I do think caddis and bwo's will be in the drift.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.