FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Jboggey’s Sandy Pond  (Read 22413 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Jboggey’s Sandy Pond
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2023, 06:53 AM »
Yo Jim glad to hear you’re doing well pal..
 Eat those pickerel don’t throw them back… ;D
  Dom. ✌️✌️✌️
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2023, 05:05 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,
Just a quick heads up regarding the next meeting of the Sandy Pond Channel Maintenance Assoc. (SPCMA).it has been announced an informational meeting will be held at the Sandy Pond Sportsman’s club on June 4th at 10 am. Great opportunity for all to familiarize one’s self with all the efforts being taken to maintain our navigational access to and fro from the lake.

Further, big uptake in Sandy Pond traffic. The general quiet of our neighbor hoods are to be warmly awakened by the return of old neighbors and in the case of our street , 5 new neighbors. Be sure to welcome the old neighbors and make the new neighbors feel welcome as well.

I have already given 2 of the new neighbors “The Tour de Pond”. Remember , to have a good neighbor, be a good neighbor.
Boggey

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #107 on: Jun 03, 2023, 08:56 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,
It’s been pretty sparse perch pickings on the Pond so far this spring . Spent a couple full days out on the Pond this last week. Caught a lot of perch, just no size to them. We (my Annie )I should say hooked a nice 22” + walleye but old Boggey was a little slow getting the net on it and “we” 😩lost it. Catching pickerel and silver Bass, an occasional small mouth and  a blue gill or 2

All for now, Boggey

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #108 on: Jul 27, 2023, 07:19 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals

Sorry for the lack of participation on the Sandy Pond thread. Fact is, nothing much has changed since my last post.

Grandkids have come up from New Orleans and Fort Meyers to fish with Poppy and thankfully got a lot of activity catching “dink” perch. To a 5 or 8 year old a perch of any size is still a perch.
Add to that I and my fishing friends have been catching some huge Bowfins on the Pond this year with a greater frequency than I have ever experienced in years past. So much so , I have attached a couple of pictures.

I will note, though I consider them a garbage fish, they sure are fun to catch. That scale in the picture is 24 inches and all the bowfins we have caught were in the 25 to 28 inch range.

As I said , the perch pickings have been slight on the Pond this summer. We have had a couple good outings on Henderson and made several trips up to the St Lawrence between Grindstone and Pitkin Islands to maintain our perch larder to date this summer.

My fishing Buds, TommyBoy and BigBuck are coming up from PA and Virginia next month and both , I am sure are ready to give me a few lessons on catching perch :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
:thumbup_smilie:
Till then this is Boggey struggling to find keepers on the Pond.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #109 on: Aug 30, 2023, 08:34 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,
Sorry to drop out of sight for so long. Really not a lot to update. The Sea Nymph dropped a cylinder on me. Left me standing on the shore the last few weeks. A $1600 rebuild is not in the cards on a social security paycheck so I resurrected the old trusty Starcraft and got it back in running condition.

After transferring some of the electronics from the Sea Nymph, I am ready to recommition the Starcraft this week. My old fishing bud TommyBoy is making the trek up from Virginia to take some of our Perch back home.

Not to sure we can pull any out of the Pond (plentiful but small) but we may take a trip up to Clayton and fish some deeper water. With TommyBoy aboard, I am sure there will be many fish stories to tell on Monday. Stay tuned.

Next, not lastly, Old Boggey is going to tie the knot with my best gal,  Annie this Friday. Not to worry, she is an avid fisherwoman and sure to keep me more honest in my reporting.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #110 on: Aug 30, 2023, 09:29 AM »
Good report. Sorry about the boat issues. Good luck fishing and the "very" best to you and Annie. Does she clean the fish, if so she is a GREAT catch...h2l

filetandrelease

« Reply #111 on: Aug 30, 2023, 10:10 AM »
 Sorry to hear about the boat  Jim and congratulations are also in order

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #112 on: Aug 30, 2023, 02:05 PM »
Congratulations buddy….✌️✌️👍👍👍👍👍👍
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

reeleyz

« Reply #113 on: Aug 30, 2023, 03:20 PM »
Congratulations buddy….✌️✌️👍👍👍👍👍👍

X2!!!!!

jperch

« Reply #114 on: Aug 30, 2023, 05:37 PM »
Congratulations to you and Annie Jim!!!  It's about time she made an honest man out of ya!

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #115 on: Aug 30, 2023, 06:36 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Thanks one and all. Yup, she’s got the fishing part down Pat. The filleting is coming along . She cuts the belly bones but leaves the devistatingly fast filleting to the master.

TommyBoy showed up this afternoon and brought about 40#s of beer brats and sausage.
With special instructions to share with Stu & Jigger. I will take that under advisement only if they come over to play a game of cribbage.

Tommy and I plan to hit the Pond this weekend evenings to catch some walleyes. Chaumont latter next week in attempts to send him home with some perch.
Boggey

hinkydo

« Reply #116 on: Aug 31, 2023, 08:04 AM »
Way to go on all the good news jboggey.
I know you will find some fish because they live down there.

hinkydo  Fish ON

filetandrelease

« Reply #117 on: Oct 11, 2023, 07:15 AM »

Jim I sent you a PM , and tried to call but your messages is full

iceman260

« Reply #118 on: Oct 11, 2023, 07:44 AM »
Sorry about the boat problems, congrats on tying the knot!

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #119 on: Oct 23, 2023, 03:35 PM »
Yo Freddy, As usual, thanks for the help my friend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.