FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Itroll  (Read 3208 times)

swnoel

Itroll
« on: Jun 20, 2022, 06:29 AM »
I'm setting up my boat for trolling and the kicker remote isn't very friendly for trolling. Is anyone using the Itroll for a control, any experience using hunt,  and would like any review of it.
Thanks

Mac Attack

Re: Itroll
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2022, 07:47 AM »
I have a Troll Master Pro2 on mine.
This is the 2nd boat I have had it on.
Love it.
The standard remote throtle for a kicker is only good to start the engine and trim it up/down.
Or maybe if you want to run the kicker up at higher speeds, like in an emergency to get back to the dock.
The resolution for dialing in your speed with it for slower trolling speeds sux.

Any of the available kicker speed controls are far better than the standard throttle, and this includes a tiller throttle.
I base this staement on having owned 11 boats with kickers since the late 70's.

Sorry that I cannot comment specifically on the Itroll.

swnoel

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20, 2022, 09:01 AM »
I saw a video on the troll master and I can see why it isn't very good in comparison to the itrolls ability to smoothly increase or decrease speeds. It actually shocked be how different they were. Thanks for your reponse on the trollmaster, but I've decided the itroll is superior and was looking for someone with real time experience. Here's the video I was referring to...

&t=16s

fishinjohn

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20, 2022, 12:30 PM »
I have the itroll on my rig.. 
I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!
I am not able to fish big waters as mu h as I'd like to so I decided to hold off on adding the hunt mode...
I am not 100% positive  on the number but I believe there is (10 ?) Free hunt mode uses downloaded on the unit.. if you like it just gotta call and ask them for the code to punch in which will unlock the hunt mode features..
For the cost of controls for the kicker motor vs the itroll.. it was a no nrainer for me!!!!!

swnoel

« Reply #4 on: Jun 23, 2022, 08:25 PM »
I ordered the Itroll...

fishinjohn

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2022, 04:20 AM »
I ordered the Itroll...
You wont be sorry
Let us know how you like it

swnoel

« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2022, 05:54 AM »
I sure will. It's very difficult to keep any steady speed now. The remote is so stiff. Hopefully this makes the difference I'm looking for. I also went with the hunt mode.

swnoel

« Reply #7 on: Jun 04, 2023, 06:19 AM »
I wanted to give everyone an update on my Itroll. Personally I don't use the hunt mode and if I did it again I wouldn't order it, but the unit is the best thing I could have done to troll with. For those that are serious about trolling... you won't be disappointed!

fishinjohn

« Reply #8 on: Jun 04, 2023, 07:47 AM »
I wanted to give everyone an update on my Itroll. Personally I don't use the hunt mode and if I did it again I wouldn't order it, but the unit is the best thing I could have done to troll with. For those that are serious about trolling... you won't be disappointed!
I felt the same way with the hunt mode... There are free uses built into the unit so that mode can be tested to see if you want it.... I have not used the hunt mode freebies once...
I agree, most definitely the most awesome unit to put on for trolling

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.