FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Squirrel Games Are On!  (Read 12621 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Squirrel Games Are On!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 17, 2022, 08:18 AM »
Ok, you got my attention. Where did you fish in Quebec. I went to Mistisini until the price got out of reach.
No, we concentrated on monster fish and the Cree indians might have had questions about us Americans launching critters

Senneterre mostly.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Dec 17, 2022, 08:22 AM »
Well…I WIN ……round one at least.

My Bride told me the squirrel gave up at jumping from the lilac bush. The dome worked! So it tried jumping from the ground. Made it to the bottom of the tray and  couldn't get around the plexiglas baffles.

Eventually it’ll get around to trying the other tray. So, I’m off to Lowes for another piece of plexiglass in a while.

Unfortunately I didn’t get to see any of the action. I went for a nice long walk this morning.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Johnnh

« Reply #17 on: Dec 17, 2022, 08:38 AM »
As a lineman we delt with squirels all the time when you were up on a pole working on lines. The had to visit you and chatter at you. They used lines as their expressway from pole to pole. We used our 9s (linemans pliers) to tap harder and harder on the lines until they ran away or back to a pole.
You all may be familier with power outage notice that states outage cause due to animal contact. Thats usually due to a squirel sitting on a transformer and coming in contact with the primary leg = they get toasted and typically blows the primary shotgun fuse that feeds that neighborhood

Mac Attack

« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2022, 09:35 AM »
We have them all over the place in FL.
You can always see 3-4 running around the yards chasing each other.
I need to figure out how to keep them out of my boat.  The cover won’t do it.  It will actually attract them by giving them some cover.
I don’t need them nesting in it, chewing wires and upholstery all to hell.
Gotta figure out something.
No power in the storage compound either for an ultrasonic device.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #19 on: Dec 17, 2022, 11:00 AM »
Moth balls!
Have a plan for a remote controlled squirrel launcher. You’ll like this one…he he he!

Mac Attack

« Reply #20 on: Dec 17, 2022, 12:32 PM »
Did you ever smell moth balls?

Never mind………old joke. 

They don’t work Bob.
I used  them in the past over the winter on my boats and twice it was ransacked by rodents from hell.

I just ordered two ultrasonic pest control devices from Amazon.  The arrive Monday.  Hopefully, the little bastards haven't already taken up home in my boat while we have been away. 

I’ll toss in a box of mothballs too……..for good luck.   

8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: Dec 17, 2022, 01:33 PM »
Problem with moth balls is collecting them.

Worked in my boat anyway.

Maybe the garlic I sent you will work.

Mac Attack

« Reply #22 on: Dec 17, 2022, 01:51 PM »

Problem with moth balls is collecting them.

Shop vac

Then reuse

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #23 on: Dec 17, 2022, 04:55 PM »
As a lineman we delt with squirels all the time when you were up on a pole working on lines. The had to visit you and chatter at you. They used lines as their expressway from pole to pole. We used our 9s (linemans pliers) to tap harder and harder on the lines until they ran away or back to a pole.
You all may be familier with power outage notice that states outage cause due to animal contact. Thats usually due to a squirel sitting on a transformer and coming in contact with the primary leg = they get toasted and typically blows the primary shotgun fuse that feeds that neighborhood

I have a ton of respect for linemen. It’s a dangerous job…every day.

gotagetm

« Reply #24 on: Dec 18, 2022, 06:26 AM »
For sure bob, that crap scares the crap out of me ,not a fan of working with electricity!!!

Johnnh

« Reply #25 on: Dec 18, 2022, 09:52 AM »
Guys, when working with high voltages, its all about start safe / end safe.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:52 PM »
I didn’t mind working with electricity. Still don’t. I worked on live 480 more times than I can remember. Also very high voltage ballasts and neon transformers. Never had an incident.

Mostly I worked alone while supervising multiple crews in other locations. That was fine by me. I could control the circumstances….at least my circumstances. Only had to be concerned with me screwing up. I was really organized and had a work pattern that…well….worked.

But line work is a different animal altogether. There’s been crews replacing poles in our area for the past few weeks.I watch those guys in the bucket and it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #27 on: Dec 20, 2022, 04:50 PM »
Have a prototype pretty much constructed. Got my trigger motor actuator and RF solenoid controller today. Should have a test flight by Friday, if I can finish my Christmas present list.

Busy little wood shop.

Mac Attack

« Reply #28 on: Dec 20, 2022, 06:13 PM »
A man on a mission.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #29 on: Dec 21, 2022, 04:28 AM »
Good luck with the launcher. I can't wait to see it. As creative as you are, this will be fun.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.