FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: OH NO  (Read 5034 times)

fishinjohn

Re: OH NO
« Reply #45 on: Apr 05, 2023, 07:33 PM »
Couldn’t agree with you more. Although, I’ve given up a few things and keep an eye on others as I age.  All in an effort to stick around a bit longer.

I’m not done fishing just yet.
The tug is my drug!!!!!!!!!!!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #46 on: Apr 06, 2023, 11:45 AM »
Anything can be published isn't true. There's a difference between an Accredited Scientific Study, and an opinion. Lots of good books available for free at your local library if you want to read up more on the topic, but watch out someone had to "publish" them!

Also please point me to the part in either of the studies I posted that anyone can deem false with information to back up their claim.

i remember when i got in trouble in school for telling  the science teacher  there had to be something smaller then the atom ....i was told read the scientfic proof .... well  i thought in my little  mind if the univers was infinate   inner space had to be too .... turns out  the atom wasn't the smallest thing and science was wrong and has been many times .....steidyj  i don't have to prove  you or science wrong thats  not what i'm saying ....prove to me that it's right...........your "OPINION" is that this  data is correct  and  apperently seen by you as another disaster as bad as chernobyl.......my  opinion is   i'll wait and see  ...yup theres chemicals in the water  below any set standards  same chemicals found in over 90 percent of the  fresh water  from what i read   even found in some well water and bottled water ......should we   try to make it better or stop it from getting worse ....yup  am i  going to change my  life style or  worry  nope....go fishing come back we'll talk about the  big trout we caught  ;D...........life is good

knehrke i find you interesting  i  won't jump on the band wagon because you have a good vocabulary i'm a  bit harder to convince  however  i would like to know  where you got those walleyes   ;D............i don't  bye the genetic thing  as  genes  will  change  in time  anyways thats the  foundation of   evolution i do  believe  there are  chemicals  in most if not all fresh water i don't think  seneca  lake has enough to  make future  generations with  3 eyes and tails.....you have a great day  and tight lines
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

knehrke

« Reply #47 on: Apr 07, 2023, 05:46 AM »
If my kid had three eyes and a tail, I'd sell her to the circus and retire lol. As stated, skepticism is good. One of the basic principles of science is that you can never prove anything. We build models that try to fit observations, then we do our best to tear them apart. The whole epigentics and trangenerational thing was a black box twenty years ago. There's quite a bit more known now - but Chicken Little I am not. I suspect that there are enough reasons we should stop throwing chemicals that Mother Nature never dreamed would exist back at her; this is just one among many. As for where I'm catching those walleye - dang, I forgot. Too many PCBs from dinner last night.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #48 on: Apr 07, 2023, 09:09 AM »
 :rotflol:  touche
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.