FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New pb pike  (Read 3954 times)

fish wayniac

Re: New pb pike
« Reply #30 on: Apr 25, 2023, 11:38 AM »
Jon, That’s a nice Gator . Looks like it didn’t miss many meals. Congratz on your PB . The biggest I caught up here in Maine was 39” long but skinny!
I caught it by accident while trolling for Browns. I had one down rigger set at 35’ and thought I was hung up until I looked at my depth was at 60 ft . Pretty good battle getting it in the boat and I admit I was a little scared when it was thrashing around while I was barefoot . 🤣

taxid

« Reply #31 on: Apr 25, 2023, 12:24 PM »
Jon, That’s a nice Gator . Looks like it didn’t miss many meals. Congratz on your PB . The biggest I caught up here in Maine was 39” long but skinny!
I caught it by accident while trolling for Browns. I had one down rigger set at 35’ and thought I was hung up until I looked at my depth was at 60 ft . Pretty good battle getting it in the boat and I admit I was a little scared when it was thrashing around while I was barefoot . 🤣

The ones I've taken in as a taxidermist that time of year were females full of eggs.

Pike love trout. Our state record over 30 lbs. spit up a 20 inch rainbow. And they say the big ones go down into the colder trout water in lakes in the summer.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

lowaccord66

« Reply #32 on: Apr 26, 2023, 11:36 AM »

Good stuff Wayne.  Friend of a friend who is a hardcore trolling guy did something similar!  I always hand bomb them no net and I get nervous too!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.