FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tough day yesterday  (Read 3873 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Tough day yesterday
« on: Feb 21, 2023, 04:49 AM »
My lovely Bride has had a cold for a few days. She woke yesterday barely able to breathe. Called for an ambulance and took her to the hospital. F.F. Thompson in Canandaigua. After a flurry of tests they’ve diagnosed her with pneumonia in one lung. It’s complicated by emphysema. After several hours of treatments and meds she was somewhat better.

Her blood oxygen level at the time the ambulance arrived was only 72%. By evening she was at a steady 93%. She’ll be in hospital for a few days. She’s scared , nervous and generally P.O.’d.

There was a bunch of good news though. No fever, chest pains, weight loss or loss of appetite, and her X-rays and ct scan all looked good except for the inflammation in her right lung. Hopefully they can get it under control quickly.

They determined that it’s a bacterial infection so she was started on antibiotics. We’ll know more today of how they’re working.

The ambulance crew, doctors and nurses at Thompson are fabulous. They’re attentive, kind, caring and respectful. At least I know she’s in great hands. Yesterday they let my Son, Daughter, me and my Son in law all stay with her throughout the day. I’ll be there first thing this morning…my kids will be there this afternoon.

I’ll be taking her some personal stuff today along with some home made soup and coffee, since she has no diet restrictions. She didn’t care for the hospital food at all. Guess I’m a better cook.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Tough day yesterday
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2023, 05:03 AM »
Very sad to hear that Bob.  Sure hope she gets better soon..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

wallyworld

« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2023, 05:38 AM »
Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2023, 07:59 AM »
Give her Donna and my well wishes Bob.

Johnnh

« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2023, 08:48 AM »
Bob,
Hope all goes well and our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2023, 03:26 PM »
Thanks everyone. Spent most of the day with her. My kids are there now. She’s a bit better but still scared. Slow process it seems. No real light at the end of the tunnel as yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I’m pretty drained.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2023, 03:54 PM »
Sorry to hear. She is in my thoughts and prayers. Hope she is feeling better.

PS, not to make you feel bad, but MY cooking is better than hospital food!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2023, 04:04 PM »
So is mine. Chicken noodle is on for lunch tomorrow.

Hope it’s not to many more days.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2023, 04:30 PM »
Prayers sent for a speedy recovery. Homemade chicken soup will be the best medicine.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2023, 04:38 PM »
Better than hospital food…. For sure. She ate my minestrone with a smile. Taste of home I’d say. She’s really not happy where she is….nor am I.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2023, 08:43 PM »
Hoping for a quick recovery

iceman260

« Reply #11 on: Feb 22, 2023, 06:37 AM »
Prayers sent for her speedy recovery Bob. Very sorry to hear that.

taxid

« Reply #12 on: Feb 22, 2023, 09:23 AM »
Glad to hear she's O.K. A friend of a friend was having issues and the clinic he went to told him to go back home and tough it out. Told him he just had a bad cold. Turns out he had pneumonia and was rushed to the hospital in an ambulance after it got bad enough. He had a previous heart attack a few years ago, and it's possible the meds he was on didn't help and were compromising his immune system. Anyway, his kidneys shut down, and it just got worse and worse. They ended up putting him in an induced coma. Sadly he didn't make it, and passed away a couple of days ago. Only 68.

Don't take any chances with this! I'm considering getting the pneumonia vaccine as I have had walking pneumonia a couple of times. Maybe something to consider?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Feb 22, 2023, 04:28 PM »
There’s different types of pneumonia. Don’t know how effective it really is.

She had another rough day. One of the nebulizer meds made her heart rate soar and stay there last night. The meds they gave her to correct it made her really groggy.

Been a hard few days for us.

Bartman44

« Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2023, 06:37 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your wife Bob.  Wishing her and you better days ahead. Bart.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.