FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Resi updates  (Read 6282 times)

Jig_Head

Re: Resi updates
« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2023, 04:20 PM »
That catfish bite still going on or is the water too high and muddy now?

bigr

« Reply #16 on: Apr 05, 2023, 04:56 AM »
Havn't tried for a couple weeks  but i would guess they can still be had. Water is on it's way up but that normally doesn't matter for cats. I know guys that do very well all the way up to summer.

Jig_Head

« Reply #17 on: Apr 05, 2023, 04:03 PM »
Ok thanks bigr

bherr24

« Reply #18 on: Apr 09, 2023, 08:43 PM »
Went hunting for crappie this afternoon at missy. Started at 13 bridge. Water was dirty and no bites. Went up to 688 area to check it. Water still dirty and caught 3 white bass. Hit spillway on way home and caught maybe 20 crappie between me and my buddy and some white bass. 6 o 7 of the crappie were decent size the rest were small. Water temp got up to 54 today at spillway according to the online graph. Hoping this warm week finally gets em going. Been painfully slow for me.

bigr

« Reply #19 on: Apr 10, 2023, 05:01 AM »
I put in the miles looking for fish on both resi's. Couldn't find them in my usual spots but found a few in the Wabash in a slack pool. Slow start but i'm also hopeful this weeks weather will get them going. These cold nights are killing the warmup. The rivers and creeks are still running high and murky to muddy and are very cold. As i've said in another post. Winter seasons have changed. Lingers on longer than in years past.

bherr24

« Reply #20 on: Apr 12, 2023, 07:55 AM »
Supposed to be near 80 today. Upper 70s yesterday. Im going to try and get out after work this evening. Hopefully i can find them.

bigr

« Reply #21 on: Apr 12, 2023, 08:22 AM »
Keep working them. It has to happen soon in an area we can get at them. 688 would be my first choice. If there not there you'll know to drop back toward resi'. If you need to drop back as far as red bridge try the north side close to the cliff under bridge or 550 right off the cliff. I'd be really surprised if you didn't get atleast a few at 688. You will get white bass i'm sure. Good luck. I'll be hitting it hard starting tomorrow on both sally and missy. It just has to be on some place. I'll also keep my eye peeled for some early shrooms.

FW88

« Reply #22 on: Apr 12, 2023, 11:51 AM »
I don't post much. Was in huntington last weekend with not much luck. Water clarity was bad.

Will be at it Saturday and let people know how it looks. Mostly targeting white bass.

bherr24

« Reply #23 on: Apr 12, 2023, 09:44 PM »
Found some fish this evening. Area of 688. Mix of white bass and crappie. Kept 12 decent crappie and threw back 10 or so. Not the best upriver bite ive ever been on but it was steady enough. Ill be back out tomorrow evening.

bigr

« Reply #24 on: Apr 13, 2023, 05:23 AM »
Found some fish this evening. Area of 688. Mix of white bass and crappie. Kept 12 decent crappie and threw back 10 or so. Not the best upriver bite ive ever been on but it was steady enough. Ill be back out tomorrow evening.
About the same report from me. More white bass than crappie. Everyday will get better for the crappie. they are just starting to move in. White bass fishing provided alot of fun. I'll be hitting the Sally next.

bherr24

« Reply #25 on: Apr 13, 2023, 12:19 PM »
About the same report from me. More white bass than crappie. Everyday will get better for the crappie. they are just starting to move in. White bass fishing provided alot of fun. I'll be hitting the Sally next.

Have a buddy fishing where i was last evening. Only managed 2  said its very slow. Nobody catchin much. Sounds like ill be back on the hunt again tonight. I may try further up toward the lake at my favorite spot. Water level is higher then i like for there but wont hurt to try. Good luck on the sally bigr.

bherr24

« Reply #26 on: Apr 16, 2023, 12:38 PM »
Fished last 3 days upriver at missy. Friday i managed 10 keepers but it was a slow pick. Was there for about 3.5 hours. Yesterday i managed to find a decent school but no size. I still have not found any big schools of decent crappie. They seem scattered and small to me. My opinion is the lake level has screwed it up. It was too high when the water temp got right and then for some reason now they are actually lowering it instead of slowly rising it like normal. Im wondering if a lot of fish just stayed back in the resi.

FW88

« Reply #27 on: Apr 16, 2023, 05:51 PM »
Huntington upstream,  back side of dam , spillway all slow. Managed 2 small crappie.

Tried all my usual spots.  Try again this weekend.

bigr

« Reply #28 on: Apr 17, 2023, 08:51 AM »
It has been a terrible start to the spring run up rivers for me as far as crappie go. Don't really know why. Still time since crappie have not even started to spawn yet but when they do my guess they won't move up river. It will mostly happen in the resi's themselves. I'm hearing of guys starting to do well from boats in both resi's up in the coves so it may be time to switch gears and find them another way.

Jig_Head

« Reply #29 on: Apr 18, 2023, 10:58 AM »
Fished last 3 days upriver at missy. Friday i managed 10 keepers but it was a slow pick. Was there for about 3.5 hours. Yesterday i managed to find a decent school but no size. I still have not found any big schools of decent crappie. They seem scattered and small to me. My opinion is the lake level has screwed it up. It was too high when the water temp got right and then for some reason now they are actually lowering it instead of slowly rising it like normal. Im wondering if a lot of fish just stayed back in the resi.
Is the lake level still really low then?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.