FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Resi updates  (Read 6259 times)

bherr24

Re: Resi updates
« Reply #30 on: Apr 18, 2023, 11:57 AM »
Is the lake level still really low then?

Its about 8 foot below summer pool.

Jig_Head

« Reply #31 on: Apr 18, 2023, 02:10 PM »
Okay, thank you for the quick reply

Jig_Head

« Reply #32 on: Apr 18, 2023, 03:29 PM »
Dang, so that's kinda higher then huh? I'm up in Michigan City and only come down like once a year in December or March and crappie fish from shore when it's at winter pool. I've never seen it any higher then winter pool. I was thinking of coming down tomorrow and catfishing from the bank

FW88

« Reply #33 on: Apr 24, 2023, 12:32 PM »
Water was low up stream. Managed to find some deep pockets with small mouth (nothing of size) and 5 white bass noticed it dropped a half inch while I was there yesterday afternoon. That and the front turned off the minimal bite I had. Might try further up toward markle or boat ramp. I'm guessing further up stream or with lower water levels they decided to stick in the reservoir.

Can't get out until the weekend again.

Hurshtown opens up May 1st. That I tend to hit multiple times a week after work as its 15 mins from home.

bherr24

« Reply #34 on: Apr 26, 2023, 08:11 AM »
Waded the river downstream from the resi last evening. About 4 people were already in the hole i wanted to fish so we went the other direction. Picked away at a few but overall it was slow. My cousin did catch a nice 20 inch walleye though. As it got closer to dark everyone had left and we made our way to the spot i had intended to fish. It was fish on every cast for the last half hour before dark. All nice black crappie. I kept 15. Left them biting as it got dark and its a long haul back to the truck.

bigr

« Reply #35 on: Apr 26, 2023, 08:46 AM »
Glad to hear you found them. Those blacks are real nice fish. Fatties.

FW88

« Reply #36 on: Apr 30, 2023, 06:02 PM »
Can't figure them out. Didn't get anything but dinks. Water super low up stream. Tried some of the coves and nothing.

Bunch of people with cast nets... keeping everything.  Probably doesn't help but when I called DNR I got the indy office... guess huntington was closed.

bigr

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2023, 08:36 AM »
It's been a tough year up the rivers. Very unusual. Still not to late for a run but not likely. Fish aren't spawning yet with this cold weather. I keep expecting a good bite to consistently begin but so far its been hit or miss everywhere i've been. Even natural lakes good one day nothing the next in same area. It's going to happen. Keep working at it. On for a side note the mushrooms are really coming on. This is the right weather to keep em growing and fresh in the ground.

FW88

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2023, 11:29 AM »
I don't think I've ever seen as many mushroom hunters as I did this past weekend.

Not my kinda taste, but would be fun and good exercise lookin for them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.