FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: landing nets  (Read 1247 times)

Rainbow1

• Greenland Cove
landing nets
« on: Apr 11, 2023, 02:19 PM »
Has anyone used the ego nets at KTP and Cabelas?  I'm trying to decide between the rubber or the pvc coated nylon.  I have an older rubber net that is heavy and doesn't have much space in the mesh.  It drags pretty heavy when dipping for the fish.

AquaAssassin

Re: landing nets
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2023, 05:42 PM »
Rubber is much better on the fish. It all comes down to if you like being the hero pic guy with a “ stringer of your limit” or if you want to challenge your own personal bests. When it comes down to it, you can’t catch tomorrows giants today. There also aren’t as many giants because of how a lot of fish are handled. I’m sure you’ve seen the trout with a yard of bark mulch on the slime coat coming up a bank.
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2023, 09:16 PM »
Hand bomber for life.  Frank you make some good points.  I like the pics of them laying in the sand followed by "released without issue" always good for a giggle.

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2023, 05:07 PM »
I have one thanks to someone here recommending it. Sorry can't remember who you were! I love it but it could have been made a little sturdier as I'm not crazy about the play where the net meets the handle. It wobbles a little back and forth. Otherwise I think it's great! I needed something big for landing 6 to 8 pound steelhead in one of my fee fishing ponds a year or two ago.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2023, 07:35 AM »
I've drooled over those but I'm still happy with the big, gold aluminum frame with rubber net I got at BPS. I think they call it their Conservation net? It was inexpensive and works well.

filetandrelease

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13, 2023, 08:06 AM »
 I own an ego slider 2 for a few years and I’m happy with it

gamefisher

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2023, 12:17 PM »
Cummings Red, White, and Blue, hooks just pop out. 8)

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2023, 12:21 PM »
I own an ego slider 2 for a few years and I’m happy with it

I think you were the one that referred me to it?  What was odd was it was out of stock at BPS or Cabelas and they didn't know when they would get one in. They cancelled my order. You or someone else turned me on to another supplier to order it from.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Johnnh

« Reply #8 on: Apr 13, 2023, 02:39 PM »
Thats the number one reason to buy tackle from your local shop.
BPS is a joke

Mac Attack

« Reply #9 on: Apr 13, 2023, 02:42 PM »
Thats the number one reason to buy tackle from your local shop.
BPS is a joke

I got an awesome cover for my boat there.  Also 2 corner storage furnitures for the boat.  Allen, the guy who helped me was a great guy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.