FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cranking/Electronics  (Read 2542 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Cranking/Electronics
« Reply #15 on: Apr 18, 2023, 06:47 AM »
The stratos has a big group 30 for cranking and the graph.  3 27's for the trolling motor.  All AGM. 

The proline has 2 flooded lead and the battery switch. Ones for cranking the other is for the graph, radar, lights, ect. Ive never needed to charge those batteries.  Just switch to off at the dock and I'm good.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #16 on: Apr 18, 2023, 07:19 AM »

Hey Geoff.
Is it because they get drawn down?
Maybe between trips out?
Get the battery isolation switch...............and turn it to off after every trip.
But don't put anything to your battery (batteries) unless it goes through the switch.
Except your onboard charger - and make sure that is a good one with float technology.

Well, the 3 group 31's for the Minn Kota I definitely abuse and push too hard. But I've gotten better about it. Very good Minn Kota digital charger. The cranking battery I've had is a single group 27 Interstate and it's been in there for at least 4 years. I always take it out of the boat but this past winter I decided to leave it in place, but I probably should have pulled the cables. Even though I put it on a charger a few times over the winter it is dead as a doornail right now and won't take a charge, so that's this years battery purchase. Thankfully my trolling batts made it through the winter just fine. My cranking battery doesn't have an isolation switch but I think I will add one. The trolling motor gets unplugged from the batteries before the boat goes on the trailer.

Mac Attack

« Reply #17 on: Apr 18, 2023, 07:43 AM »
Well, the 3 group 31's for the Minn Kota I definitely abuse and push too hard. But I've gotten better about it. Very good Minn Kota digital charger. The cranking battery I've had is a single group 27 Interstate and it's been in there for at least 4 years. I always take it out of the boat but this past winter I decided to leave it in place, but I probably should have pulled the cables. Even though I put it on a charger a few times over the winter it is dead as a doornail right now and won't take a charge, so that's this years battery purchase. Thankfully my trolling batts made it through the winter just fine. My cranking battery doesn't have an isolation switch but I think I will add one. The trolling motor gets unplugged from the batteries before the boat goes on the trailer.

I forget - is your Ulterra 24 or 36 volt?
(I might have a sweet deal for you)

Tell you what - PM me.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #18 on: Apr 18, 2023, 11:20 AM »
36v. PM Sent

yellowned

« Reply #19 on: Apr 20, 2023, 03:28 PM »
Thanks to all for your replies I went with a interstate 24 marine deep cycle for
all my electronics and accessories and will now have a gb40 jumber on boat
at all times   thanks as aways

lowaccord66

« Reply #20 on: Apr 29, 2023, 06:35 PM »
I love the minnkota charger.  If you get one new enough they'll do lithium.  I have a 4 bank that stays plugged in all season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.