FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ethics ,legal.sportsmen ship  (Read 3141 times)

lowaccord66

Re: ethics ,legal.sportsmen ship
« Reply #30 on: Apr 25, 2023, 10:46 AM »
low  if that were  true you would  never  fish  for stripers  you may ony  keep one  between  28 to 35  so if you gill hook a  38  incher and it's   bleeding  from the  gills   what would you  do ...yes  your  supposed to let it  go  but it won't  revive  .....  i was  3  fish  short on a  limit   i  had  2  12 inchers  ....  so  back to the striper  if you  could  call the  DEC and  donate the  fish to a  needy person  or  another  fisherman  would  you?????   thats  my only  point  i was  3  fish short of a  limit ...i  did  nothing illegal or unethical ....i  merely  didn't want  fish   caught like that to go to waste

If I could call DEC and donate the fish, keep it or give it away I, just like you absolutely would not let it go to waste.  Sad to say that the people who wrote these laws dont care, but they dont.  And for that very reason Ive witnessed miles of dead floating striped bass released dead by trawlers dragging for fluke.  Thousands of stripers along the mass coast for miles because its "bycatch" and not legal for the trawlers to keep. 

Also, lets say I saw you keep that bleeding fish Trapp, I'd mind my business and wouldnt report anyone for that.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #31 on: Apr 25, 2023, 11:04 AM »
but you don't always have to is the point  .... call the  DEC simply ask if they will come pick it up and give it to someone  or should you toss it in ....if they have time  they may come....thats all this was all about i called and asked if they could donate it to someone ....officer i talked to said indeed he would if he had time...............never hurts to ask  and when you see something that can be improved  mention it
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

lowaccord66

« Reply #32 on: Apr 25, 2023, 12:33 PM »
Sure beats releasing turtle food.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.