FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Do Quabbin rentals have anchors?  (Read 929 times)

taxid

Do Quabbin rentals have anchors?
« on: May 03, 2023, 09:10 AM »
If not I could bring my own, but I assume that could be potential contamination?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

Re: Do Quabbin rentals have anchors?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 10:21 AM »
Looks like no anchors supplied. Just motor, gas, and oars, and a PDF if one does not have one if they have any available.

Years ago when I was able to to bring in my own boat I would find colonies of large bluegill sunfish on beds in June in Area 3 and anchor off of them with a fly rod. Or ultra light spinning rod with panfish jigs. Tough to do if your boat keeps drifting in the wind.

I would be happy to bring one with brand new rope still in the package but wonder if they would be concerned about contamination from the anchor. I.e. veligers or tiny fragments of macrophytes.

Not seeing any phone number for one of the gates. I did call a number and left a message.

Thanks in advance.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Ryan51993

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 10:34 AM »
They had anchors last time I went. That was gate 8 where they also have the newer boats. Can't guarantee the other gates/older boats will have them.

taxid

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 12:25 PM »
Thanks Ryan. Area 3 is where I have found the large bluegill sunfish. Probably some large Calico Bass in there too. I've also seen some large largemouth cruise by with lockjaw.

There is a Facebook page. I'll ask there.

taxid

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 08:23 PM »
Got a call back from Quabbin and they do have anchors in the rentals now. However they are mushroom anchors and one poster on the Quabbin page said he brings his own river style anchors that hold better and longer rope. I may bring two river anchors and about 100 feet of nylon rope as I like to keep my boat in position for fly fishing.

Thanks for the responses!

stripernut

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 09:23 PM »
Are you going to fish Pottapaug? It is rotten with big crappies and Sunnys. If you want to borrow a clamp on trolling motor and battery, you are welcome to, just let me know.

westernmas

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 10:20 AM »
Last I knew they changed the lifevest rule due to the pandemic and you had to bring your own.  I was lucky enough a gentleman with his own boat let me borrow one so I didn't have to drive somewhere and purchase one.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

taxid

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2023, 10:02 PM »
Are you going to fish Pottapaug? It is rotten with big crappies and Sunnys. If you want to borrow a clamp on trolling motor and battery, you are welcome to, just let me know.

Hey I wondered about that! Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the offer but I think I'll be fine!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.