FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bow Lake drowning  (Read 1465 times)

Steve H.

Bow Lake drowning
« on: May 10, 2023, 11:07 AM »
Sorry to see this.  I'll admit, I don't always wear my PFD while fishing but seeing stories like this make me think about the risk, especially since I fish solo often.
https://www.wmur.com/article/body-missing-massachusetts-fisherman-nh-lake/43852110
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

taxid

Re: Bow Lake drowning
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 09:58 PM »
That's too bad. I wonder how he ended up in the water? Maybe tripped over something in the boat?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 06:09 AM »
Since I bought my Lund Tiller boat 5 years ago my PFD is on all the time. The kill strap whenever motor is in gear. It is always sad to see these stories but they have to be a lesson for all of us. I fish alone most of the time, I try to keep things put away if it is not needed. Only 2 rods, a net, small jig box and a cooler. Be careful out there....h2l

iceman260

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 06:48 AM »
Always sad to hear of drownings that might have been prevented.

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 07:31 AM »
That's too bad. I wonder how he ended up in the water? Maybe tripped over something in the boat?

My buddy almost did that last year.  1am out fishing a rip off block island.  It can happen.  Grabbed the back of the mustang vest he was wearing to keep him in the boat.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 07:52 AM »
Since I bought my Lund Tiller boat 5 years ago my PFD is on all the time. The kill strap whenever motor is in gear. It is always sad to see these stories but they have to be a lesson for all of us. I fish alone most of the time, I try to keep things put away if it is not needed. Only 2 rods, a net, small jig box and a cooler. Be careful out there....h2l

I had a cousin I used to take fishing with me. I had to put my foot down as he would bring way too much gear. More than one tackle box, another cooler, 6 rods, 3 kinds of bait etc. etc. I couldn't get around in the boat! And he can't swim and is afraid of water! At least he wore a huge life vest.

Once had him driving the boat and asked him to remove the drain plug temporarily to allow rain water to flow out as we went forward. He refused after I asked him to several times. He was sure we would sink. I was getting upset ast it was my boat and he wouldn't do what I wanted him to.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.