FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hudson River Stripers  (Read 2986 times)

62 & Done

Re: Hudson River Stripers
« Reply #15 on: Apr 23, 2023, 06:05 PM »
Any of you guys ever take a catfish for the table?  I know all about the warnings and such, just curious.  I've thrown a bunch back,  they sure are good looking fish

PeterCos

« Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2023, 04:55 PM »
Fished out of Henry Hudson Park in Bethlehem and did OK. Three run offs and one legal keeper, right at 28 inches. Herring were not too hard to come by for bait. Water still pretty murky and bound to get worse after upcoming rain.

‘Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2023, 06:58 PM »
I used to fish right off the rocks at the FDR VA Hospital at Montrose on my lunchtime. Or before or after work if the tide was right. They usually would open the beach area in early April.

Caught a bunch of shorts and 1 really nice one from shore over the years. It went 34.5” and 17 lbs..................

Also fished from shore in Croton, Georges island park and right off the “dock” in Buchanan(or might have been Verplank) Was many years ago..........
We used blood worms mostly back then. Tried chunk herring every once in a while but never caught much on it. Almost all fish caught on bloodworms.

Anybody know what they are getting for a dozen these days? I think they were about $3.5o back in the late ‘90’s or early 2000’s..................

‘Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2023, 07:05 PM »
Any of you guys ever take a catfish for the table?  I know all about the warnings and such, just curious.  I've thrown a bunch back,  they sure are good looking fish

I had a co-worker from India who wanted me to take every catfish or perch I caught and give them to him. I used to catch catfish regularly and give them all to him. He’d take me out to lunch every couple weeks in return. He used to rave about the catfish................

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2023, 06:18 AM »
New slot limit on its way.  28-31"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.