FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stripers  (Read 1483 times)

Stickbait

Stripers
« on: May 30, 2023, 06:10 PM »
Decided to try the incoming tide at my usual spot. Thought it might be a tad early, but got bumped on my 4th cast. Well, apparently I got tied up in a bit of a wolf pack, within 20 minutes, I hooked up 7 times, and landed 5 of them. A couple were under slot, the others slot or above.
After that blitz, moved a hundred yards or so, and while standing on a rock about 8’ above the water, saw at least a half a dozen slot size roving the rocks about 20’ from me. I slowly pitched my plug ahed of them and started my retrieve, as I neared them, they all noticed my plug and went on the attack. Finally, one of them slurped it down and I was able to land my 6th for the morning.
Most were sub slot, with several being in slot, the biggest was 34”. All were covered with sea lice. It was a great start to my season.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
Re: Stripers
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 06:58 PM »
Great day!  Hard to top that for a season kick-off.

Johnnh

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 04:39 AM »
Sounds like a great day. Well done

fish wayniac

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 06:15 AM »
Stick, That is a good start at the Salt. That’s cool you were sight fishing for them. It sure is a tight window for a Keeper this season. I mostly catch and release but I marked 31”and 33” on my rods with a sharpie marker. I tried 3 spots from shore in Casco bay on monday but no bites .

Stickbait

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 06:48 PM »

Hey Wayne, yes it certainly is a tight slot this year. Thats ok, I usually only keep one or two a season. Keep at it, I’m sure you’ll get into them soon.
[/quote]
Stick, That is a good start at the Salt. That’s cool you were sight fishing for them. It sure is a tight window for a Keeper this season. I mostly catch and release but I marked 31”and 33” on my rods with a sharpie marker. I tried 3 spots from shore in Casco bay on monday but no bites .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.